Full Intelligent Breakdown of DK Metcalf

Scorp83

It’s not that I wouldn’t want Metcalf, it’s just that I feel there’s great value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at WR. I feel we can get an impact  game changing player in round 1 and still get a good WR in round 2.

From that video, the part that scares me if the lack of concentration at times resulting in drops. That’s the last thing we need after last season.

Edited by CajunBillsBacker
  • Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I'm not a fan of him for our team simply because I think we have 4 guys that have proven themselves to be able to get separation and move the chains, and I can't stop thinking about how embarrassing it was when the Patriots were simply handing off the ball and Sony Michel and Burkhead etc. gashed us for almost 300 yards, over 6 ypc.

You can have three Julio Joneses and still not win a game with that kind of defense. 

We just can't ignore that kind of shredding, and if we're in a position to land a game changing defensive guy who can help us stop the run I believe we need to do it.  

You're probably right and it says something that we haven't addressed the defensive line in free agency. We are probably going d-line in the draft.

That being said, I think Metcalf is going to be a stud. I don't know enough about the depth of d-linemen in this draft to know whether or not we gamble on picking up someone functional in rounds 2-4.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I haven't seen a Bills coaching staff use players to the best of their abilities in 25 years, so I'm not exactly giving them the benefit of the doubt.

The past 25 years are irrelevant to this coaching staff. It is senseless to use that as a barometer for anything regarding the current FO or coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 6

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I haven't seen a Bills coaching staff use players to the best of their abilities in 25 years, so I'm not exactly giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Idk...Shwartz had the D humming not that long ago. Hell, even Chan had the offense rolling for a year or two. Never all 3 phases at once tho. Hoping this FO figures that one out

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yeah, because a squad lead by Tyrod Taylor putting up a top-10 offense definitely was an example of piss-poor coaching, as was leading a defense with zero pass rush to a #2 ranking last year.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

The one reason I can get behind Metcalf is because we did address the WR depth a good deal with Brown and Beasley. In turn, we could bring DK along slowly and use him early on, primarily as a redzone mismatch nightmare.

There wouldnt be that strong onus on Metcalf to perform early on, which could help a player like him learn the NFL game before being thrown to the wolves.

What is sometimes lost is how many WRs get eaten up and spit out of the first round. The learning curve feels the steepest and for a WR as raw as Metcalf, not having that pressure of having to play early might actually work out well for Buffalo.

You lose a little credibility when you lead with the Patriots and what players can do vs what they cannot do. The Patriots took Edelman (his example) in the 7th round, not #9 overall. Kinda different there. I don’t hate the guy, but I don’t think he’s as good of a football player as some guys on D who may be available at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, because a squad lead by Tyrod Taylor putting up a top-10 offense definitely was an example of piss-poor coaching, as was leading a defense with zero pass rush to a #2 ranking last year.

:lol:

I personally get tired of the whole drought, 25 year thing. Ralph has passed, and all those coaches, GM’s and scouts are gone. That stuff just seems lazy to me. The only thing that matters now is what our current FO and staff are doing under the current owners, and I like what I’m seeing. Time will tell. I’ve been wrong before. 

• Like (+1) 2

I was really hoping everyone moved on from this. Seriously how many threads do we need? Give me N’Keal Harry over DK every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

I've been one of the biggest DK haters on here, but the video makes some good points. I do agree that he can be a very dangerous WR if used like he suggests, but he's still too risky to draft #9.

Megtron had really good college production, and no issues with his hands. Considering DK's hands & limited production, I don't think anybody takes that risk in the top half of round 1.

• Like (+1) 2

I gotta say I was very adamant about not wanting DK. Like fiercely opposed. Honestly, after watching the video I wouldn’t be that mad. 

Weird to say but the guy makes an excellent argument. 

13 minutes ago, Yav said:

I was really hoping everyone moved on from this. Seriously how many threads do we need? Give me N’Keal Harry over DK every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

Did you watch the video? I felt the same way. Even if you still don’t want him, you have to say it’s at least intriguing 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

For most of us that want a little more insight... my guy Brett Kollmann lives for this draft stuff! He has a great breakdown on DK... not long...you won't be sitting around for 20-30mins but he gives good game film on DK game, 3 cone drill & lack of production. 

After watching this... I gotta tell you. He would be perfect for Allen! Can't wait to see the discussion on it.

Enjoy! ?

Didnt tell me anything I dont already know.  I dont think he makes it past the Giants if Ely is their QB.

24 minutes ago, 947 said:

I've been one of the biggest DK haters on here, but the video makes some good points. I do agree that he can be a very dangerous WR if used like he suggests, but he's still too risky to draft #9.

Megtron had really good college production, and no issues with his hands. Considering DK's hands & limited production, I don't think anybody takes that risk in the top half of round 1.

The Giants may take him before 9.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wish I was in that thread.  Its a very accurate comparison and It appears We are not the only ones that see it.

Agreed, and I would love DK at 9...Im sure I will be happy with who ever we take at 9 as there will be some great players there, but I will not be one of the people "upset" if we pair DK with Allen.  Its got drool worthy potential

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Idk...Shwartz had the D humming not that long ago. Hell, even Chan had the offense rolling for a year or two. Never all 3 phases at once tho. Hoping this FO figures that one out

Agreed.

I will say though that Rex maxamized Dareus's coverage skills.?  The bad tends to make people forget the good.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed, and I would love DK at 9...Im sure I will be happy with who ever we take at 9 as there will be some great players there, but I will not be one of the people "upset" if we pair DK with Allen.  Its got drool worthy potential

Foster, Brown and Metcalf.  Sounds like a law firm.

The question for the D is who is running the 9 route.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

For most of us that want a little more insight... my guy Brett Kollmann lives for this draft stuff! He has a great breakdown on DK... not long...you won't be sitting around for 20-30mins but he gives good game film on DK game, 3 cone drill & lack of production. 

After watching this... I gotta tell you. He would be perfect for Allen! Can't wait to see the discussion on it.

Enjoy! ?

Talk about risk reward type pick.... it may depend as much on the coaches and system as it does on Metcalf.  Sounds like he could be a match made in heaven for Josh.  The Speed on The Bills with Foster and now Brown would be elite and scary good.

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Foster, Brown and Metcalf.  Sounds like a law firm.

The question for the D is who is running the 9 route.

Haha nice.  Think about that for a second though, that will be HARD to defend.  

Always put 2 of them on the field keeping the legs fresh rotating the 3 as the deep threats.  Then you got that deep speed in both plus the size in DK while Cole and Kroft running underneath and Shady coming out of the backfield.  OUCH, that will put a lot of pressure on the defense.  Then you can pull DK out for a rest out Brown and Foster on the field and run Duke underneath with all that size too to go along with Cole slicing around down there.  

Again, I would be thrilled to land DK and have been on his train for a long time.  But, I wont be made if we dont draft him as I am sure who ever we get at 9 is going to be a stud prospect.  But DK would be exciting to say the least!