Full Intelligent Breakdown of DK Metcalf

Scorp83

For most of us that want a little more insight... my guy Brett Kollmann lives for this draft stuff! He has a great breakdown on DK... not long...you won't be sitting around for 20-30mins but he gives good game film on DK game, 3 cone drill & lack of production. 

After watching this... I gotta tell you. He would be perfect for Allen! Can't wait to see the discussion on it.

Enjoy! ?

EDIT 4/11/19: As much as I love this breakdown of DK... man...I've fallen more & more in love with AJ Brown... that guy is going to be a stud & he's not just a slot WR...he can definitely play the outside pretty well. If we can trade back & snag him in the teens... I think that would be the best thing for our team & young QB.

Edited by Scorp83
Typo & added content
  • Like (+1) 4

I watched it yesterday and he's saying things I've also said, not that I'm taking credit.  He most likely didn't see my comments anywhere.  I'm just saying I view DK like he does.  Hopefully, there will be a discussion.  We know how these things tend to turn out.  

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I watched it yesterday and he's saying things I've also said, not that I'm taking credit.  He most likely didn't see my comments anywhere.  I'm just saying I view DK like he does.

I've been saying some of the same stuff too. But I'd figure, I post for people that doesn't get a chance to watch video or think things are being made up. Brett provides an easier way for people that's skeptical on DK... to get a better understanding of him, without watching tons of Ole Miss games ?

You can fall in love with him if you want, but you cannot deny that pinning the hopes of your offense on not one, but two key players with both a very low floor and very high ceiling is not smart. You're taking two huge risks by adding Metcalf to the mix with Allen. 

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

You can fall in love with him if you want, but you cannot deny that pinning the hopes of your offense on not one, but two key players with both a very low floor and very high ceiling is not smart. You're taking two huge risks by adding Metcalf to the mix with Allen. 

IDK, I kinda think Allen raised his "low floor" up quite a bit with his performance last season, especially in the last quarter of the season. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I think it comes down to what your personal philosophy is.  Personally, give me the most athletic freaks and put it on coaching to get all of it out of them.  As an outside Wr in the offense utilized down the stretch he will be scary.  A couple shots a game paired  with crosses and comebacks makes him a problem.  Why I think he is top 10 worthy is you dont find guys that size with his acceleration and top end speed often.  If you have a chance at one you take if you have a guy who can get him the ball.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of him for our team simply because I think we have 4 guys that have proven themselves to be able to get separation and move the chains, and I can't stop thinking about how embarrassing it was when the Patriots were simply handing off the ball and Sony Michel and Burkhead etc. gashed us for almost 300 yards, over 6 ypc.

You can have three Julio Joneses and still not win a game with that kind of defense. 

We just can't ignore that kind of shredding, and if we're in a position to land a game changing defensive guy who can help us stop the run I believe we need to do it.  

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

For most of us that want a little more insight... my guy Brett Kollmann lives for this draft stuff! He has a great breakdown on DK... not long...you won't be sitting around for 20-30mins but he gives good game film on DK game, 3 cone drill & lack of production. 

After watching this... I gotta tell you. He would be perfect for Allen! Can't wait to see the discussion on it.

Enjoy! ?

Careful, I got roasted for the Megatron comparison.

• Haha (+1) 2

DK brings some nice elements to an offense and can present some mismatch problems. But I don't think he has the hands of a top 10 pick. But I do think he would be a nice piece in this offense to go with some of the quick, twitchy underneath guys he have. Nice vid and breakdown, but Kollman also had me thinking Hackenburg and Reggie Ragland were going to be beasts also. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Right, because I’m sure the Bills’ coaching staff and front office have no idea who he is or what talent he may possess...

I haven't seen a Bills coaching staff use players to the best of their abilities in 25 years, so I'm not exactly giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• Sad 1