106.7 The Fan DC: Redskins GM Bruce Allen signing players with zero communication with his coach

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When the job is one of 32 in the whole world, there are a lot of assistant coaches around the league & HC's in the NCAA who would jump at the chance of coaching the Redskins.  It's like the time we were a wasteland of the NFL with a dying owner and a GM who should have been retired, Chan Gailey raised his hand when someone asked "Who will coach the Buffalo Bills?"  Sure, no hot coaching candidates will go there, but there will always be plenty of candidates to coach any NFL team.  

Good point.  I just wonder if the Redskins will end up breaking our playoff drought streak. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Dan Snyder.

Right, pretty much this^.   I'm not sure how you fire an owner, but the Redskins might want to come up with a clever way to do so.

My boss is (was) a diehard Skins fan.  About three years ago he finally gave up.  Doesn't watch the NFL until the playoffs and won't watch the Skins until Snyder is gone.

I don't think he's alone.

30 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't know who would want to be HC of the Redskins once Jay Gruden is gone.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Related image

Yeah, she might.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

I like Jay Gruden. I think he has handled a lot of issues there really well. I mean, what they did to him with RG3, Cousins, etc. I mean, the guy is a good coach. I think anywhere else he'd be above .500.

Gruden wasn't the coach in the RG3 era.  The RG3 screw-ups were all on Mike Shanahan.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Of all the teams in the NFL, the fan bases I feel worst for are Cincinnati and Washington. Both have terrible, clueless ownership with no idea how to successfully run a team. When that's the situation you're in, it would take lightning striking in order to win a championship. Lightning doesn't strike often.

"About 100lightning bolts strike the Earth's surface every second That's about 8 million per day and 3 billion each year."

Are you confusing "catch lightning in a bottle" and/or "lightning doesn't strike twice"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Of all the teams in the NFL, the fan bases I feel worst for are Cincinnati and Washington. Both have terrible, clueless ownership with no idea how to successfully run a team. When that's the situation you're in, it would take lightning striking in order to win a championship. Lightning doesn't strike often.

Since Washington fans dumped red and yellow tempura paint on my car the day after they beat the Bills in Superbowl I have no sympathy for their fans.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When the job is one of 32 in the whole world, there are a lot of assistant coaches around the league & HC's in the NCAA who would jump at the chance of coaching the Redskins.  It's like the time we were a wasteland of the NFL with a dying owner and a GM who should have been retired, Chan Gailey raised his hand when someone asked "Who will coach the Buffalo Bills?"  Sure, no hot coaching candidates will go there, but there will always be plenty of candidates to coach any NFL team.  

Chan Gailey did not raise his hand - Bill Cowher recommended Bills contact him after he turned down inquiry.  And Ralph was not dying when Chan was signed.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

"About 100lightning bolts strike the Earth's surface every second That's about 8 million per day and 3 billion each year."

Are you confusing "catch lightning in a bottle" and/or "lightning doesn't strike twice"?

Fair enough. I got caught in a Yogi Berra-ism here.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

To be fair, Shanny ruined RG3 before Gruden ever took over.

shanny should have been put in jail for risking rg3s knees in that playoff game. never seen anything like it. he coulda lost the leg with one bad hit.