106.7 The Fan DC: Redskins GM Bruce Allen signing players with zero communication with his coach

Of all the teams in the NFL, the fan bases I feel worst for are Cincinnati and Washington. Both have terrible, clueless ownership with no idea how to successfully run a team. When that's the situation you're in, it would take lightning striking in order to win a championship. Lightning doesn't strike often.

• Like (+1) 2

I like Jay Gruden. I think he has handled a lot of issues there really well. I mean, what they did to him with RG3, Cousins, etc. I mean, the guy is a good coach. I think anywhere else he'd be above .500.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I like Jay Gruden. I think he has handled a lot of issues there really well. I mean, what they did to him with RG3, Cousins, etc. I mean, the guy is a good coach. I think anywhere else he'd be above .500.

To be fair, Shanny ruined RG3 before Gruden ever took over.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Well, I mean, if you have a world class GM like Bruce Allen, do you really need the coaches approval? I mean, the mans a ***** legend... He cannot miss!

...interesting....LONG rumored that Allen would bolt the Deadskins to reunite with Chuckie ala their TB days......Brandon had even called Snyder and threw his hat into the GM ring if it happened....sounds like the potential power/ego clash killed it......

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Another gm who has gone rogue 

Gone rogue?  No.  Bruce Allen is Dan Snyder's 'yes man.'  Allen does what Snyder wants, otherwise he would be gone too.  Same with Doug Williams, the Sr. VP of Player Personnel.

Jay Gruden will be gone by the end of the 2019 season, if not before.  I don't know who would want to be HC of the Redskins once Jay Gruden is gone.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Gone rogue?  No.  Bruce Allen is Dan Snyder's 'yes man.'  Allen does what Snyder wants, otherwise he would be gone too.  Same with Doug Williams, the Sr. VP of Player Personnel.

Jay Gruden will be gone by the end of the 2019 season, if not before.  I don't know who would want to be HC of the Redskins once Jay Gruden is gone.

When the job is one of 32 in the whole world, there are a lot of assistant coaches around the league & HC's in the NCAA who would jump at the chance of coaching the Redskins.  It's like the time we were a wasteland of the NFL with a dying owner and a GM who should have been retired, Chan Gailey raised his hand when someone asked "Who will coach the Buffalo Bills?"  Sure, no hot coaching candidates will go there, but there will always be plenty of candidates to coach any NFL team.  

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Related image

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Related image

Yeah, maybe.  It is possible.  I almost feel bad for Redskin fans, I know a number of them.  Most here are focused on the Caps and Nationals, anyway.