Jack the Ripper identified from DNA

/dev/null

wasn't this done years ago by the author patricia cornwell?  if i remember the story, she spent millions of her own money on the project.  at that time, they thought they had dna from an envelope the ripper sent, (i'm pretty sure i have this correct).  her theory was that i was an artist, who eventually moved to france to study...hence the murders stopping in england.  his painting often depicted scenes that were shocking similar to the crime scenes, and similar murders happened when he later moved to france. they just weren't publicized in the same way.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

There was an episode of Star Trek where a serial killer spirit jumped from body to body.

Played by John Fiedler who was the voice of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh.  Also, was one of Bob Newhart's patients on his first show. 

2 minutes ago, teef said:

wasn't this done years ago by the author patricia cornwell?  if i remember the story, she spent millions of her own money on the project.  at that time, they thought they had dna from an envelope the ripper sent, (i'm pretty sure i have this correct).  her theory was that i was an artist, who eventually moved to france to study...hence the murders stopping in england.  his painting often depicted scenes that were shocking similar to the crime scenes, and similar murders happened when he later moved to france. they just weren't publicized in the same way.

Portrait of a killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrait_of_a_Killer:_Jack_the_Ripper—Case_Closed

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

One of the guys suspected of being Jack the Ripper is buried in Rochester

Which one and where, Mt. Hope?

24 minutes ago, teef said:

This guy doesn't put much stock in Cromwell's theory. Sickert wasn't even on the list of suspects (at least not the one in the OP's link)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Which one and where, Mt. Hope?

This guy doesn't put much stock in Cromwell's theory. Sickert wasn't even on the list of suspects (at least not the one in the OP's link)

Francis Tumblety

I had a buddy of mine say Mt Hope but when googling it says he was buried at his family plot in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery which is apparently off of Lake Ave

Edit: http://www.rochestersubway.com/topics/2013/09/grave-of-francis-tumblety/ found this link which gives some detail about the guy

Edited by Bray Wyatt

8 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Francis Tumblety

I had a buddy of mine say Mt Hope but when googling it says he was buried at his family plot in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery which is apparently off of Lake Ave

Edit: http://www.rochestersubway.com/topics/2013/09/grave-of-francis-tumblety/ found this link which gives some detail about the guy

that's pretty crazy.

45 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Francis Tumblety

Interesting read, thanks. My father is buried in Holy Sepulchre, Mom will be when her time is up. Dad's death date is not on the stone yet (purchased 25 years ago) as he just died in late October (got the message at the post-Patriots game tailgait.) Mom was born in 1919, Dad in 1918, wonder what people think when they walk by and see those birth dates, probably figure they either got divorced or decided on being buried somewhere else.

3 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Played by John Fiedler who was the voice of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh.  Also, was one of Bob Newhart's patients on his first show. 

Within the last 3 weeks I saw an episode of "Have Gun, Will Travel" with him in it.   Maybe this is not so surprising as Gene Roddenberry was a writer on "Have Gun ...", so that makes the Star Trek connection.

22 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

What if Jack is in fact a non-corporeal entity that jumps from corporeal host to corporeal host as theorized by a certain Sci-Fi series?  That possibility although way out there makes me sleep better than thinking about a person who is extremely messed up mentally.  

6 hours ago, Greybeard said:

There was an episode of Star Trek where a serial killer spirit jumped from body to body.

Or maybe they could make a movie about it and cast Denzel Washington

6 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

One of the guys suspected of being Jack the Ripper is buried in Rochester

interesting.

that ripper show on history channel two years ago was fascinating. Some guy thought his great great grandfather was the ripper and also owned the murder hotel (which he did).

there was a lot of lose ends on that show, was hoping there would be another season, but i guess not.

16 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

John Fiedler was one of the most brilliantly annoying character actors ever, the current champion is David Costabile.