Jack the Ripper identified from DNA

/dev/null

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8656519/jack-the-ripper-polish-barber-dna-evidence/

Now in an astonishing new article featured in the Journal of Forensic Sciences, fresh genetic evidence now points to  23-year-old Aaron Kosminski.

This was "confirmed" after comparing fragments of mitochondrial DNA taken from the shawl with those taken from Kosminski's known living descendants.

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

What if Jack is in fact a non-corporeal entity that jumps from corporeal host to corporeal host as theorized by a certain Sci-Fi series?  That possibility although way out there makes me sleep better than thinking about a person who is extremely messed up mentally.  

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

What if Jack is in fact a non-corporeal entity that jumps from corporeal host to corporeal host as theorized by a certain Sci-Fi series?  That possibility although way out there makes me sleep better than thinking about a person who is extremely messed up mentally.  

Then Jack is probably responsible for lack of wins in playoffs since the wall was formed.  I guess that would make SDS an accessory.

And yes he was a person of interest.

Yeah, sure...if the shawl was at the scene of the crime, which nobody can demonstrate.  And if chain of custody was maintained, which nobody can demonstrate.  And if it hasn't been handled by anyone since the murder, when it's been handled by hundreds of people.

But I'm sure a disorganized paranoid schizophrenic wrote the "From Hell" letter and included part of Eddowes' kidney with it.  

Oh, wait...it's an article in The Sun.  That all but proves Kominski's innocence.  

I spent a couple months water skiing in Lake Havasu City, Az. in the late 80s. The London Bridge that was built in 1830 over the river Thames was bought and moved there stone by stone at great expense around 1970. In 1985 they made a TV movie about Jack the Ripper returning in Lake Havasu City. I thought it was cool to drink beer under it at night imagining I was in London in the 1800s. 

It woz The Sun that solved it! If it's a serious article from a forensic journal it's probably best reading about it somewhere other than a British rag. 

I've read a couple of books about the Ripper murders and also done a walking tour of the East End of London where he/she (ooh!) committed the crimes. Interesting stuff.