• At home during day:  67-68
  • At home whilst sleeping:  67
  • Away from home:  66

AIR CONDITIONING (When Temps Outside Are Above 75):

• At home during day:  72-73
  • At  home whilst sleeping:  74-75
  • Away from home:  75

• Like (+1) 1

Heat: 68 when home, 63 when we're away and overnight.

We also have a wood stove that I fire up late in the morning, so the heat pump/furnace only runs for a few hours a day. The wood stove keeps temps in the mid 70s.

AC: 83. Neither of us likes using AC, but I'll turn it on to reduce humidity when it's really hot. A dry 83 is quite comfortable, and it keeps the electric bills low.

our downstairs heat is always at 72 in the winter.  our upstairs is typically at 69, (giggidy).  if our upstairs thermostat is changed by 1 degree, it really throws things off. 

for ac, 72/71 downstairs, 70/71 upstairs.

I work from home; I set the upstairs at 63 at night and leave it there until my wife comes home when it goes up to 70. It’s back at 63 when we’re away. 

I keep the downstairs where the  master bedroom is and the magic happens at 64. That thermostat has a large swing in temps; it can be set at 64 and be anywhere from 61 to 66. 

We use window units units for air conditioning and I’ll blast them as cold as I can. 

68 normally, turn down to 65 or 66 at night mainly so we don't roast ourselves to death while sleeping. 

Side note, I live in a 950sq ft house and with our heat set at 68 most of the time our gas and electric bills are about $200 a month. I think that's really high. I know there's a lot of factors that come along with that, but our furnace is fairly new and windows are in decent shape. Just seems like alot for a house that isn't even 1000sq ft

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

HEAT (When Temps Outside Are Below 40):

• At home during day:  67-68
  • At home whilst sleeping:  67
  • Away from home:  66

AIR CONDITIONING (When Temps Outside Are Above 75):

• At home during day:  72-73
  • At  home whilst sleeping:  74-75
  • Away from home:  75

I have a issue,our stat is in the living area so if I start a fire it shuts off at 68.In the winter,I sit in a recliner with a heating pad on my back of knee(s)..leaving me toasty.The when it's time to him the hay,minor shock kicks in because the rooms are cold..I adapt, but my bride gets a bit mad...until she gets under her over priced  comforter.

Also..I really like to have the windows open in the summer..I'm a fresh air addict.

30 minutes ago, Steptide said:

68 normally, turn down to 65 or 66 at night mainly so we don't roast ourselves to death while sleeping. 

Side note, I live in a 950sq ft house and with our heat set at 68 most of the time our gas and electric bills are about $200 a month. I think that's really high. I know there's a lot of factors that come along with that, but our furnace is fairly new and windows are in decent shape. Just seems like alot for a house that isn't even 1000sq ft

That seems very high.  I only topped $200 once this winter.  My spring/fall bills are in the $130-$140 range.  Summer is usually around $160.  Heating/cooling 3 floors (~1800 square feet).  Natural gas (including hot water heater).