interesting about Matt Paradis

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Didn’t Morse have some injury concerns? Concussion maybe?

Yes, and while concussions are risky, he's younger and hasn't shown any signs of body wear/tear like Paradis.

• Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Or maybe we just overpaid significantly for Morse 

2 FA centers on market worthy of pursuit. One older and more wear and tear.. I think we paid a fair FA price for a player who can stick around for a few years and has the ability to play at a high level with Josh for the entire contract

• Like (+1) 14

I think the key here, in my mind anyway, is that Morse is the better player. Beane also wanted a bigger body, which Paradis does not provide. Obviously PFF says one thing, but Morse is better across the board. I think the PFF stuff is cool, but I don't put too much weight on it. I don't know that I expected Morse to get more money than Paradis, but I'm not surprised. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the key here, in my mind anyway, is that Morse is the better player. Beane also wanted a bigger body, which Paradis does not provide. Obviously PFF says one thing, but Morse is better across the board. I think the PFF stuff is cool, but I don't put too much weight on it. I don't know that I expected Morse to get more money than Paradis, but I'm not surprised. 

I think that they are a little closer together overall as players than you.... it's nip and tuck for me.... but I certainly see the argument that Morse is a better fit for what the Bills want schematically up front (on the basis that I don't expect the blocking scheme to change radically with a new OL coach).

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
49 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Or maybe we just overpaid significantly for Morse 

Just stop.  Morse is a very good center and we needed one badly.  His contract will in no way impede us in the future in keeping players or signing free agents.  Either you are being negative for the sake of it, or don't understand how the cap works.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

48 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Just stop.  Morse is a very good center and we needed one badly.  His contract will in no way impede us in the future in keeping players or signing free agents.  Either you are being negative for the sake of it, or don't understand how the cap works.

His contract is front loaded so much and tied to roster bonuses etc that it really is no burden at all for us. 2 years we can cut bait if necessary and save cap space

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Great points.  Yeah, I'll take the younger guy (Morse) with less wear on his body, and who hasn't given up a sack and I think only one QB hit since his rookie year?    If they did, I'm not sure how PFF had Paradis as the better player.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Didn’t Morse have some injury concerns? Concussion maybe?

He's had 3 concussions in the last 4 years, the last of which landed him in concussion protocol for 5 weeks. There's a lot of wishful thinking at this time of the year to simply hand-wave this sort of thing off, but it is a concern. The man plays in the trenches.

Edited by QCity

Morse is younger, better fit for our blocking scheme and will allow Allen stability as he grows. Morse was my biggest want in FA and couldnt be happier with how they are handling the future of the Bills. I am always rabid bills fan and living in Pittsburgh i get a lot of flack, but this year we are raising brows in Yinser Country. Go Buffalo, im a believer in Mcdermott and Bean.

• Like (+1) 3