Ngata retires with the statement - "I'm retiring from the NFL on top."

John Murphy quipped that when he retires he will plant a flag on Chestnut Ridge.

Side note Joe B is a lot better with him then Tasker. He is a good source on college players.

Edited by ALF

3 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

This thread is pretty awesome it combines Bills Drought nostalgia with a debate about mountains! I am no geologist but I did see Donte “Don’t Tase Me Bro” Whitner get drafted. What is crazy that wasn’t even the worse move Jauron made that draft. Moving back into the 1st to take Jon McCargo was the winner for Billsiest move that day.

Amazing isn't it. 

Not that it would have changed the team's destiny (not in a QB dominated league and we didn't have one then or for years after) but I always have wondered what would have happened to the team's fortunes if we had picked Ngata instead of Whitner.  The horrendousness of the Whitner pick manifested itself immediately because - in need of a big defensive tackle (hence why everyone but everyone assumed the first pick would be Ngata) - we moved back into the first round to pick (wait for it) John McCargo!!  Can you imagine if we had picked Ngata and then have been smart enough to move back into the first round to pick Nick Mangold?  Would have had rock solid foundations in the middle of the O-Line and the D-Line for the next decade.  Twas not to be, cheri.

• 2 months later...

https://sports.yahoo.com/dt-ngata-retire-ravens-wednesday-012816311.html

Veteran defensive tackle Haloti Ngata will return to Baltimore on Wednesday to retire as a member of the Ravens.

Ngata, 35, was a five-time Pro Bowl selection and two-time first team All-Pro during his nine-year tenure with the Ravens (2006-14) before spending three seasons with the Detroit Lions and last year with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Haloti Ngata helped define what it means to 'play like a Raven' and will thus finish as one," the Ravens wrote on their official website Tuesday.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:31 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

@BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

I mean it was like a weird sort of foggy dream...it just wasn’t real.

My best friend, a member of this Board, his nephew was going to school with Ngata, knew him a bit and Ngata was jazzed about the idea of coming to a town like Buffalo.

When the Bills pick came up you could almost see 30 something men doing cartwheels in a basement knowing for a fact...for a FACT, that the Bills would pick Ngata next.  It just made too much sense...

...and then...

...and then...

huh...

huh...

...?...

...oh, yeah...”you can never have enough dbs” thing...is a real thing...that an old man or some other old man or someone with power over the decision decided was more important...then like, you know...a sure fire, SURE FIRE future pro-bowler on the Dline.

I mean, that draft is what happens when you have poor leadership in the scouting department and go over the top drafting for scheme need. Had to get our bob sanders for the cover two and the penetrating DT instead of the head and shoulders BPA 

• Awesome! (+1) 1