Ngata retires with the statement - "I'm retiring from the NFL on top."

Fun fact. Polynesians make by far the most amount of money in the NFL on average compared to any other ethnicity.

Mostly produce some very coordinated big boys in the trenches, many are multi sport athletes that thrive in the NFL because of it. 

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Fun fact. Polynesians make by far the most amount of money in the NFL on average compared to any other ethnicity.

Mostly produce some very coordinated big boys in the trenches, many are multi sport athletes that thrive in the NFL because of it. 

Well there goes the theory that the Italians are best at everything other than war.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Well there goes the theory that the Italians are best at everything other than war.

Dem Romans were best at war.

I didn't want to get into any further discussion on why some ethnicities seem more athletic than others lol just a shout out to Dem Samoans.

Of course Ngata was just born and raised in the Pacific west.. but Hawaiians are low key obsessed with football they have some high school football powerhouses out there

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"Free-standing mountain?"

As opposed to those held up with buttresses and cable stays?  

Nevermind, I now see that its been answered several times already.

Edited by Herc11

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

And if you consider land based mountains from peak to base Denali in Alaska is the tallest in the world. So the tallest marine based and land based mountains in the world are both in the United States. If you put Everest next to either in a strictly size comparison it is dwarfed. 

If one carries rock and places it on Everest's very summit and names it after one's self, is that not then now the tallest mountain on earth?

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If one carries rock and places it on Everest's very summit and names it after one's self, is that not then now the tallest mountain on earth?

It might be for a little while. You might need to superglue it there though, as I believe it can get a bit windy up there. ;)

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not until the official from the Guiness book of world records measures it ... The possibility exists that Nepal is sinking.

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Depends who you ask.

$h!tner

hit ner

not ngata

@BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

I mean it was like a weird sort of foggy dream...it just wasn’t real.

My best friend, a member of this Board, his nephew was going to school with Ngata, knew him a bit and Ngata was jazzed about the idea of coming to a town like Buffalo.

When the Bills pick came up you could almost see 30 something men doing cartwheels in a basement knowing for a fact...for a FACT, that the Bills would pick Ngata next.  It just made too much sense...

...and then...

...and then...

huh...

huh...

...?...

...oh, yeah...”you can never have enough dbs” thing...is a real thing...that an old man or some other old man or someone with power over the decision decided was more important...then like, you know...a sure fire, SURE FIRE future pro-bowler on the Dline.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I just got home from Hawaii this morning. The people on the big island will certainly tell you that Mauna Kea is the tallest free-standing mountain in the world.  They don't mention that a lot of it is underground.  And how exactly do they know the depth, exactly?  A mystery not to be solved without beers.

About Whitner -- Does anyone ever remember him wrapping up on a tackle?  His style was to try to bump the guy over with his chest, which generally let the guy get more yards or even get away.  I always assumed he was playing not to get hurt so he'd have a long career and retire rich. 

Is this the worst Bills draft ever?  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2006_draft.htm

Only lucking into Kyle Williams preserved a little dignity.

About Whitner/Ngata  -- Is this worse than Torell Troup / Gronk?  I think not.

This thread is pretty awesome it combines Bills Drought nostalgia with a debate about mountains! I am no geologist but I did see Donte “Don’t Tase Me Bro” Whitner get drafted. What is crazy that wasn’t even the worse move Jauron made that draft. Moving back into the 1st to take Jon McCargo was the winner for Billsiest move that day.

• Haha (+1) 1