Found on youtube. Best plays of 2018

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

30 seconds in is when I knew Allen had a real chance to be special. 

I have such a man crush on Allen, and I haven't one on a Bills QB since Kelly.  Allen has a chance and now OBD is building around him and making the team more run and shoot than run first.

Here’s something I noticed.  When the video is over, the 2017 version pops up.  I went ahead and watched it.

Anyways, I know Allen isn’t a finished product.  I know the offense struggled at times in 2018.  I know it’s all a work in progress.  But now to my point.  

Unless I missed it, does everyone realize that our first offensive TD in the first quarter of a game in a playoff season came in Week 11 against the Chargers with Peterman starting?  Taylor led an offensive TD drive in the first quarter the week after against KC.  But it took 10 games to score a TD in the first quarter.  It’s a miracle we made the playoffs and it’s no wonder we moved on from Taylor.  I don’t dislike Taylor because he led the one playoff season in my adult life (I’m 37 now), but in today’s NFL, that is awful. 

Edit- I just looked it up and this is all correct.  We also did it twice more, once in each Miami game. So 4 1st quarter TDs all season.  

Edited by billsfan5121

A few thoughts I had:

Daboll had a lot of creative play calls

Shady still has plenty of burst

Foster is legit

Zay could work on catching the ball with his hands more

Milano must really understand the game, because he's in great position a lot of times

Dawkins is good

Allen keeps his eyes down field as good as any NFL QB

White does not get tested, he's that good

Star is average

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

When Josh Allen decides where he is going with the ball....it is there his arm is truly special......

We need for him to improve his short throw recognition.....hopefully Cole helps him with this.

Less runs as much as they are fun to watch.....more throws for 1st downs

Yes! I marveled at his running prowess all year, but watching it now, I cringe at the thought of him getting creamed. Looking closely at the tackles on his runs -including slides where there’s still contact or running out of bounds, defenses are taking cheap shots/questionable liberty “assuring” he’s down. 

To Josh; you’ve proven to the League your legs are an incredible weapon and they’ll be respecting it to a fault by creating mismatch’s in other parts of the field. Look to throw 1st!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Some of the throws allen makes are insane. I don't know how many times I have watched that throw to foster in the Jags game. I honestly can't say I have been this excited for a season to start since Kelly was at QB. Lots of work still to do with his overall game but that kid has an entire stadium and team behind his back every time he steps on the field (at home obviously). You can tell the team plays their heart out for him. 

Josh was that good, and after starting out the year in TC with the third string, never getting to practice with the first stringers till the middle of the Preseason, imagine what the 2019 season highlights will be like.

Because he is THE UNQUESTIONED starting QB now and will get all the coaching and practices with the starters going in to TC this year. 

GO BILLS!

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Josh was that good, and after starting out the year in TC with the third string, never getting to practice with the first stringers till the middle of the Preseason, imagine what the 2019 season highlights will be like.

Because he is THE UNQUESTIONED starting QB now and will get all the coaching and practices with the starters going in to TC this year. 

GO BILLS!

I think he’s great! But he’s only the UNQUESTIONED starter because of the lack of quality behind him. Hell, YOU’RE better than Barkley & Anderson! -if only cuz I haven’t seen you play...

• Haha (+1) 1