RT Jordan Mills visiting Texans

4 hours ago, wiskibreth said:

He was a NFL starter for several seasons.  I'm sure he's got enough "good" tape out there that he'll get a job somewhere.

82 career starts actually.

And 48 straight.  Dur-ABILITY.:thumbsup:

As I said in another thread.............we grasp for tiny bits of positive data to support our free agent signings..........often ignoring mountains of negative data.

Fans of some team are going to be like "holy ***** we got this guy who started 48 straight games and played on two teams that lead the NFL in rushing for that little money?  He only had issues the last couple of seasons because the Bills offense was horrible under their new coaching staff!".:beer:

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As I said in another thread.............we grasp for tiny bits of positive data to support our free agent signings..........often ignoring mountains of negative data.

Fans of some team are going to be like "holy ***** we got this guy who started 48 straight games and played on two teams that lead the NFL in rushing for that little money?  He only had issues the last couple of seasons because the Bills offense was horrible under their new coaching staff!".:beer:

Our fans do the same damn thing!

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This. 

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, a line is a sum of its parts. A rock solid C can cover for mediocre G play and great G play can compensate for mediocre T play (in some cases). 

The point is, it’s how do they gel? If they gel well, they’re good. 

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

This. 

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, a line is a sum of its parts. A rock solid C can cover for mediocre G play and great G play can compensate for mediocre T play (in some cases). 

The point is, it’s how do they gel? If they gel well, they’re good. 

Are you gellin’? Cause I’m gellin’.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Weirdly, I'm a little nervous about Mills leaving.

I don't see McD moving Nsekhe from the left side. Sirles is terrible.

So, who is a better RT: Waddle, McDermott, or Mills?

If Nsehke stays at LT, then I'd imagine it'll be:

Nsekhe-Dawkins-Morse-Competition-Waddle

--and that's assuming they don't draft a RT. I'd be thrilled if they took a guy like Yodny in round 3 to play RT, but not so hot about a RT at 9 unless they planned to flip him to LT eventually 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside, I think that Mills is decent tackle depth. I always thought that he was a little better than he got credit for. I’m not saying that he was good but he was okay in the running game anyways. He’s an NFL player.

If he becomes someone's backup he will be one of the best backup tackles in the league.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

If Nsehke stays at LT, then I'd imagine it'll be:

Nsekhe-Dawkins-Morse-Competition-Waddle

--and that's assuming they don't draft a RT. I'd be thrilled if they took a guy like Yodny in round 3 to play RT, but not so hot about a RT at 9 unless they planned to flip him to LT eventually 

You think that Waddle is a starter? Freakin Mills is better than Waddle. So are Long and Teller.

46 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Waddle, 100%

Ya'know... you hear we signed a guy-- never heard of him-- then you see: He was a Patriot*! He must be good!!!

But, the truth is: They didn't use him a whole lot. A lot of Bills have gone to the Pats* and excelled. Not so much the other way around. 

I remain skeptical.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Ya'know... you hear we signed a guy-- never heard of him-- then you see: He was a Patriot*! He must be good!!!

But, the truth is: They didn't use him a whole lot. A lot of Bills have gone to the Pats* and excelled. Not so much the other way around. 

I remain skeptical.

Nah man, I knew exactly who he was. Started a bunch of games over the years, and he did a nice job in his time with the Lions. Mills has proven to be a turnstile and McDermott hasn't done anything. So out of those three, Waddle is certainly the best. 

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

You think that Waddle is a starter? Freakin Mills is better than Waddle. So are Long and Teller.

I think that--IF Nsehke stayed at LT AND the season started today--Waddle would start at RT.

And I'd love to hear your justification for saying that Long and Teller would be better at tackle than Waddle.

Edited by thebandit27