Will Shady restructure?

Hebert19

13 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Make a more team friendly deal and add a year that spreads out the cap hit?  Seems like a non shady thing to do but may be his best chance to get traded or doesnt get cut?

Thoughts?

Why.  I think the front office probably feels he has earned his money and will continue to do so.

9 hours ago, papazoid said:

they save $6.5 mil in cap by cutting him

he likely will be a june 1 casualty

Dont bet on it.

10 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yes, I did. Bought in 2005 and had until 2013. Sold when my daughter was born. Miss it everyday.. well when its not freakin snowing out.. ?

Nice. Yeah I sold mine too. I still have a sport cruiser that I ride occasionally, but I got rid of the super sport bike(s). 

What model did you own? I’ve owned and/or ridden all 4 models. 600, 750, 1000 and the Hayabusa (when they first came out in ‘99, before it had the speed governor/restrictor and it could do 200+mph). 

If youre from the Buffalo area, I used to work at a place called Imperial Cycle Sales, If you remember it. I was lucky enough to get to ride a lot of bikes. We’d have to test ride them after pulling them out of the crates and finishing assembly. 

I remember when the GSX-r 1000 first came out. Man, that thing was such a beast of a bike at the time. I used to actually try and talk some people out of buying it. Too much bike for beginners. I hunk I saw at least 3 customers crash their brand new gsx-r 1000 leaving the shop after purchasing it. One guy wiped out right in the parking lot, another guy laid it down pulling out of thr parking lot and the 3rd guy made it about 100ft down the road.... 

I actually preferred the 600 or 750.

IMO the GSX-r 750 was the perfect sport bike. It handled like a 600 and had the power of a 1000 (well, not quite, but close). One of my favorite bikes I ever rode/owned. 

Why? He’s done more than just play for the team. Believe it or not he is providing a decent example to the young kids on the team. He knows he wasn’t going to have a crazy year last year and didn’t go all antonio brown diva. On top of that he is also showing that it’s not what the sports media is portraying buffalo to be a I.e non attractive. In addition to this he still is also a huge piece of the team. So I wouldn’t even attempt to do this to a integral part of the team; one of which also was important in establishing a true culture change in my favorite team.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, BuffAlone said:

I doubt it. He loves Buffalo. He had to have a change of heart, but its home now

Complete speculation on your part

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.  

18 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Im thinking he reunites the band with Desean in Philly next year 

This.  He's gone after this season, whether we want him to stay or not.  Most likely back home to Philly.  And they'll probably get one or two decent years out of him before time finally slows him down.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, billsfan_34 said:

Na- Shady has been a good soldier and I think the Bills believe he will have a bounce back year behind what is perceived as an improved line. No reason to mess with chemistry and cause any issues- leave well enough alone at this point. 

I have thought about this a bit as well. Keeping shady make sense.

1. Improved O-Line, only Barkley could have run through our line last year, why not give Shady another try with real blockers

2. Cap is in great shape, no reason to mess with his $

3. If players see that the Bills are honoring the deal with a "good soldier" even if aging superstar, it bodes well, Coach and FO rep matters alot and our boys are building a solid rep

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.  

This.  He's gone after this season, whether we want him to stay or not.  Most likely back home to Philly.  And they'll probably get one or two decent years out of him before time finally slows him down.  

He won't restructure. He will play out this year. He loves Josh Allen. He got his boy Gore to come here. He likes Buffalo. To think otherwise, is absurd. He ain't looking to be traded. If he hits FA next year, he's free to do as he pleases. But as of this moment in time, he's all about Buffalo. Unless of course you think he's the type of guy to not express his opinions openly. 

I sleep rather well, thank you, knowing that Shady is all in with this team.?

• Like (+1) 1