Will Shady restructure?

Hebert19

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

With one year left on the deal it makes absolutely zero sense for the team or the player.

They're parting ways after this season. There's no need to stretch it out

Exactly.  Why would we extend him?  That would eliminate any comp pick we could get for him.  It also would not net us anything.  It would move some of his cap hit to next season, but that wouldn’t help us at all.  We aren’t up against the cap so we’d save space this season only to carry it forward into next season where we could have just left it. 

18 minutes ago, KDS73 said:

Lol.  Remember the temper tantrum he threw when Chip Kelly traded him here?  Even spent the better part of a week sulking and saying that he would refuse to show up.  Don't kid yourself.  He's gonna be on the first thing smokin' out of Buffalo as soon as he gets the chance.  Most likely back to Philly.  That's where he  "wants" to be.  

I doubt it. He loves Buffalo. He had to have a change of heart, but its home now

Complete speculation on your part

Edited by BuffAlone

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I doubt it. He loves Buffalo. He had to have a change of heart, but its home now

Complete speculation on your part

Not to mention that was years ago and he hasn't been an issue since.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Why?

I was thinking the same thing when read The title as he’s gone after this year, and will probably retire.  We also have the space and teams restructure commonly to open up cap for signings.

i see us taking role players now, and we have the cap for it.  We also have a lot of cap friendly deals with these new signings.

As others have said, no need to restructure as we've got lots of cap space and this is likely his last year in Buffalo.

Shady is about 1400 yards shy of 12k, a milestone that he wants to hit. If he can pull that off this year, then he may retire. If not, then I'm guessing he gets released and goes someplace where he can cross that threshold.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JM57 said:

With one year left on the deal it makes absolutely zero sense for the team or the player.

They're parting ways after this season. There's no need to stretch it out

I agree. This will be Shadys last season, good or bad. Hoping we draft a rb on the mid rounds. Wish him the best....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

He had 160 carries last year. Old man Shady should be well rested and ready to explode out of the gates this year. No excuses as we went and got him some Fat boys. I believe he will have a good year and many on here will be talking about extending him by end of first quarter of season. Gore is going to fill in on short yardage and shady rest downs. Bills will be top 5 in rushing again. Wishful thinking right!? ?

Just out of curiosity, your screen name - do you own/ride a Suzuki GSX-r? 

Agree about Shady, btw. I think he’s still got plenty left in the tank. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dpberr said:

I think McCoy's status in Buffalo as straightforward as both team and player have communicated.  The FO wants him to be a member of the team.  He wants to be on this team.  

I think this is the situation overall. ^ and highly agree with you.

Understood our OPs point although incorrectly conveyed ?
Get some money back from Shadys cap hit. do something Team friendly. extending him with proper buffers is not too far fetched.
he might have a hell of a year for us.

and if he doesn't ? it will be time to move on. and that's okay

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am thinking that it is one more year and then done with Shady......I will be VERY suprised if we dont take a RB in this draft

just a matter of when , and what type . will be interesting to surmise where Daboll is headed with his Offense. who that pick up might likely be a real investment in future state scheming out of the backfield.

or they could ride another ride another 3 years with veteran leadership types LOL

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Just out of curiosity, your screen name - do you own/ride a Suzuki GSX-r? 

Agree about Shady, btw. I think he’s still got plenty left in the tank. 

Yes, I did. Bought in 2005 and had until 2013. Sold when my daughter was born. Miss it everyday.. well when its not freakin snowing out.. ?

• Like (+1) 1