selling my house next year. Moving out of state

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re moving out of NY right?  You really need to get out of there. Not that CA is any better but at least we don’t get snow. 

Don't listen to this. CA will have 40M people by this time next year. Twice as many as NY. And they're coming after your wallet creative ways that will make you puke.

But hey...at least you'll be able to get from Bakersfield to Merced in record time, so you have that going for you.

Which is nice.

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

We all know that none of us are descended from immigrants, right?  You guys should just start your own white supremacist cult, the rest of those guys are idiots and you guys are way smarter.

I'm not even sure what this means.

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Don't listen to this. CA will have 40M people by this time next year. Twice as many as NY. And they're coming after your wallet creative ways that will make you puke.

But hey...at least you'll be able to get from Bakersfield to Merced in record time, so you have that going for you.

Which is nice.

Nowhere in my post did I say he should move to CA.  I told him to get out of NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

California is a perfect example of how liberals can !@#$ up a good thing.

All those people... Pouring in to state since the mid-1800s.  Just imagine the environment if they didn't put restrictions on... Regulate evertyhing.

Everybody always thinks they have better answers.

The land would look like this if conservatives had their way:

143811-004-B3AF3377.jpg

Lumberjacks.png

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

All those people... Pouring in to state since the mid-1800s.  Just imagine the environment if they didn't put restrictions on... Regulate evertyhing.

Everybody always thinks they have better answers.

The land would look like this if conservatives had their way:

143811-004-B3AF3377.jpg

Lumberjacks.png

Like clearing underbrush and fallen trees in the forests?

paradise1.jpg

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Like clearing underbrush and fallen trees in the forests?

paradise1.jpg

Notice trees are still standing and growing?  What's burned?

If conservatives had their way, twice as many houses would be on that footprint.

Honestly, nothing is really fugged up about that picture except stupid humans living in the wrong location.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Notice trees are still standing and growing?  What's burned?

If conservatives had their way, twice as many houses would be on that footprint.

Honestly, nothing is really fugged up about that picture except stupid humans living in the wrong location.

Paradise.jpg

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Paradise.jpg

Again... Think it's bad now.  Look at the pictures from the 1800s... When things were a free-for-all.

Be thankful.  It's only worse if you think you can do better and think conservatively.  You want more people pouring into California?  More industrial development?  Less environmental regulations?

I agree with you with the wildfires.  Less environmental regulation would bring an economic value back to the forest floor... Enable to clear the undergrowth like they did up to 30 years ago.  BUT, THAT can be done in a sane way.  

Though... Too many unintended consequences if we really return to the conservatism you want.  It's been tried your way.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Again... Think it's bad now.  Look at the pictures from the 1800s... When things were a free-for-all.

Be thankful.  It's only worse if you think you can do better and think conservatively.  You want more people pouring into California?  More industrial development?  Less environmental regulations?

I agree with you with the wildfires.  Less environmental regulation would bring an economic value back to the forest floor... Enable to clear the undergrowth like they did up to 30 years ago.  BUT, THAT can be done in a sane way.  

Though... Too many unintended consequences if we really return to the conservatism you want.  It's been tried your way.

What is the conservatism that I want? Clearing the brush and fallen trees from the forests? Not going to hell in a handbasket by sending all the freshwater during a draught to the sea  in order to save the Delta Smelt instead of to the farmers fields? Giving out 6 figure pensions for rank and file municipal workers? Pensions that have bankrupted some cities and will certainly bankrupt many more. Oh, and something about a stupid train from nowhere to even less.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

What is the conservatism that I want? Clearing the brush and fallen trees from the forests? Not going to hell in a handbasket by sending all the freshwater during a draught to the sea  in order to save the Delta Smelt instead of to the farmers fields? Giving out 6 figure pensions for rank and file municipal workers? Pensions that have bankrupted some cities and will certainly bankrupt many more. Oh, and something about a stupid train from nowhere to even less.

LOL

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Forget the conservatism you want. Settle for the progressive liberalism you need! The best way to ensure everyone is equal is to make them equally homeless!

Viva Los California!

la-1520893617-06hj4eqswj-snap-image

lahomeless.jpg?itok%5Cu003dxUEu2OGB

If you're lucky, you'll get a front porch!!

Image result for ca homeless population