Josh Allen, the slot WR and a summary.

I just want to speak to all the Buffalo brethren’s out there for a moment. I don’t have time anymore so I’m going to get all my thoughts out there in just 1 post. Regardless if you like or dislike, agree or disagree I just want to speak to all of you from the heart. I, like many here, am so excited about the Bills’ future. I think that we might finally got it right, or at least I hope so! This isn’t meant to come off negative or trying to bash what has been accomplished with the current roster, I’m just wondering what we can expect with our offense. The knock on Josh Allen has been his accuracy. What isn’t addressed enough is the fact that in college he wasn’t asked to dump off short passes so needless to say his completion percentage was most compromised.  Longer passes, less success but nobody wants to talk about that. This brings up the slot WR and what I’m wondering what would be a fair expectation in this department. Not having a lot of exposure to this aspect of the passing game what would be fair to expect from Josh Allen? What I will say is that I loved how Josh grew by leaps and bounds each and every game since he came back from injury. In hindsight that short period of missed time now seems like a blessing in disguise. Also not knowing a lot of Cole Beasley I of course started looking him up and watching some of his past video. What stood out to me and my untrained eyes was the fact that he’s surehanded. Too many times last year, mostly with Zay Jones, some with MacKenzie and some in Foster’s first games, there was too much bobbling of the ball. I’m hoping and looking forward to a successful tandem with Allen and Beasley. Please, add some input to this if you agree or disagree with this observation, I’d love to hear what others have to say about all this.

Afar as a summary goes I’ll speak about myself but I think that this could apply to plenty others here. Thank God I’m not the Bills’ GM. After too many years of failure and me being impatient by nature I’m afraid that I would resemble more than my liking to being a Doug Whaley type of GM. I guess that’s why I’m in the car business than real estate, I’m all about instant gratification. With the state of affairs that this franchise has been in for quite some time we needed someone with vision/plan, capable of making hard decisions without second guessing himself or letting others effect him with their opinions and probably most importantly having patience. Enter Brandon Beane. I was going to post a thread titled “The 2019 Buffalo Bills, a perfect storm.” I believe this, this all seems different from years past. Going into the 3rd year with this administration for the most part one can start seeing and sensing this plan/vision starting to come together. Starting with addressing a culture change and work steadily towards it. One can start seeing this start coming to fruition, eliminating non fitting players/personnel, taking on the salary dump and replacing players with proper fits with players with the right mentality, commitment and abilities.

I hated seeing the likes of a Kyle Williams retiring but knowing him like we all do you know he wouldn’t have done it if the ship wasn’t in the right hands. That alone is a great confirmation that things are headed in the right direction. Thanks Kyle for all that you’be done for us, love ya man! The pieces that have been steadily added are meshing, there really is something to be said about this chemistry thing. As far as McDermott goes plenty of pros and cons have been discussed about him since he’s been here but what you don’t hear a lot about him professing about his vision of building a team that has love for each other. I suppose we have heard about this but we haven’t heard or realized enough about imo is how he was going to do it. That dinner where he took a bunch of our HOFers to dinner and just sat in the background and observed might be one of the greatest isolated incidences to have happened to this franchise. He said it then and now I see and realize that he wasn’t just talking *****. I’ll refer to what I mean by mentioning a few of the dust ups that we have had with other teams/players. One might of expected McDermott getting all twisted by our players “not following the process” or that they showed “lack of composure”. No, refreshingly he came right back with that he has no problem with his players sticking up for each other or by defending our turf. Matter of fact he came off with the impression of that was his expectations and that he’s alright with it. I like that, I like that a lot. Folks, that’s a leader and that is someone that you can get behind and believe in.    

Beane is the man man who had to make the decisions but he replaced players with players with mentalities that I dig. Ability aside has anyone notice that additions to the OL is with the type of players that are (A) are mostly younger players that are ready for the next level. (B) that the new additions in FA are the type of players that want more and feel like they have something to prove still and (C) the OL, most of them have a bit of a rep of having some nastiness to them (Teller, Feliciano etc and Morse seems to be an intense guy as well). When it comes to that last aspect don’t let Josh Allen fool you with that nice kid image, this guy wants to win and I personally believe that he just might have the biggest warrior mentality of them all! Lol! 

Staying with the offense for a minute here more I’d like to say that the WR position got pretty solidified here just recently but adding 1 big timeWR and possibility another piece or 2 could actually make this a dominate position group for us. Let me take this time and go on record and say at this time Robert Foster is by far my favorite WR on this team. I love everything about him, his mentality on and off the field, his commitment/attitude and oh yeah did I mention that this kid has some ability (enter heavy sarcasm here!). Yeah, when it comes to this position here we took some good steps forward. Tyler Kroft was a nice pick up here recently but the one TE that I’m anxious to see this year is Jason Croom. I think that he’s an exciting player and the best is yet to come with this young talent.

Going to the defensive side of the ball our defense has a pretty solid foundation but it’s still a work in progress that needs a few more pieces to be added and this is the right draft for that to happen. I expect that if we stay at #9 in the draft we’ll address the DL ( my hope is Oliver) but hey, what do I know. I’ll throw ST inhere as well. We just got a Pro Bowl kick returner! Hello??? These are the smaller, unnoticed subtle moves that the outside can doesn’t know or realize what is going on in a team. 

So, in retrospect enough has been done recently with FA that I can feel like we really can take the BPA in the upcoming draft. Thanks Beane, I’m honestly confused now on who is going to be our first pick in the draft! Is going to be an edge rusher to Jerry Hughes & Co or is it going to be a DT to offset a bit the loss of Kyle Williams? Where I scoffed before when people suggested going TE with T.J. Hockenson??? Hey, after seeing the likes of Gronkowski tormenting us all these years and the importance of a Travis Kielce under an Andy Reid offense, who is sort of a mentor to McDermott, I can’t discount this notion anymore. Last but not least, although we heavily addressed the OL in FA, could OTs Jawaan Taylor or Jonah Williams be the pick? I wouldn’t want to but I wouldn’t hate it either. I guess that’s the beauty of The Magic Beane, his sorcery has us all hypnotized and when he snaps his fingers in the 1st rd of the draft we’ll all come out from under this trance.

in closing I apologize for making this so lengthy and also making myself go blind in doing all this in a IPhone. I am going to buy myself a Braille IPad for future posts. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I just want to speak to all the Buffalo brethren’s out there for a moment. I don’t have time anymore so I’m going to get all my thoughts out there in just 1 post. Regardless if you like or dislike, agree or disagree I just want to speak to all of you from the heart. I, like many here, am so excited about the Bills’ future. I think that we might finally got it right, or at least I hope so! This isn’t meant to come off negative or trying to bash what has been accomplished with the current roster, I’m just wondering what we can expect with our offense. The knock on Josh Allen has been his accuracy. What isn’t addressed enough is the fact that in college he wasn’t asked to dump off short passes so needless to say his completion percentage was most compromised.  Longer passes, less success but nobody wants to talk about that. This brings up the slot WR and what I’m wondering what would be a fair expectation in this department. Not having a lot of exposure to this aspect of the passing game what would be fair to expect from Josh Allen? What I will say is that I loved how Josh grew by leaps and bounds each and every game since he came back from injury. In hindsight that short period of missed time now seems like a blessing in disguise. Also not knowing a lot of Cole Beasley I of course started looking him up and watching some of his past video. What stood out to me and my untrained eyes was the fact that he’s surehanded. Too many times last year, mostly with Zay Jones, some with MacKenzie and some in Foster’s first games, there was too much bobbling of the ball. I’m hoping and looking forward to a successful tandem with Allen and Beasley. Please, add some input to this if you agree or disagree with this observation, I’d love to hear what others have to say about all this.

Afar as a summary goes I’ll speak about myself but I think that this could apply to plenty others here. Thank God I’m not the Bills’ GM. After too many years of failure and me being impatient by nature I’m afraid that I would resemble more than my liking to being a Doug Whaley type of GM. I guess that’s why I’m in the car business than real estate, I’m all about instant gratification. With the state of affairs that this franchise has been in for quite some time we needed someone with vision/plan, capable of making hard decisions without second guessing himself or letting others effect him with their opinions and probably most importantly having patience. Enter Brandon Beane. I was going to post a thread titled “The 2019 Buffalo Bills, a perfect storm.” I believe this, this all seems different from years past. Going into the 3rd year with this administration for the most part one can start seeing and sensing this plan/vision starting to come together. Starting with addressing a culture change and work steadily towards it. One can start seeing this start coming to fruition, eliminating non fitting players/personnel, taking on the salary dump and replacing players with proper fits with players with the right mentality, commitment and abilities.

I hated seeing the likes of a Kyle Williams retiring but knowing him like we all do you know he wouldn’t have done it if the ship wasn’t in the right hands. That alone is a great confirmation that things are headed in the right direction. Thanks Kyle for all that you’be done for us, love ya man! The pieces that have been steadily added are meshing, there really is something to be said about this chemistry thing. As far as McDermott goes plenty of pros and cons have been discussed about him since he’s been here but what you don’t hear a lot about him professing about his vision of building a team that has love for each other. I suppose we have heard about this but we haven’t heard or realized enough about imo is how he was going to do it. That dinner where he took a bunch of our HOFers to dinner and just sat in the background and observed might be one of the greatest isolated incidences to have happened to this franchise. He said it then and now I see and realize that he wasn’t just talking *****. I’ll refer to what I mean by mentioning a few of the dust ups that we have had with other teams/players. One might of expected McDermott getting all twisted by our players “not following the process” or that they showed “lack of composure”. No, refreshingly he came right back with that he has no problem with his players sticking up for each other or by defending our turf. Matter of fact he came off with the impression of that was his expectations and that he’s alright with it. I like that, I like that a lot. Folks, that’s a leader and that is someone that you can get behind and believe in.    

Beane is the man man who had to make the decisions but he replaced players with players with mentalities that I dig. Ability aside has anyone notice that additions to the OL is with the type of players that are (A) are mostly younger players that are ready for the next level. (B) that the new additions in FA are the type of players that want more and feel like they have something to prove still and (C) the OL, most of them have a bit of a rep of having some nastiness to them (Teller, Feliciano etc and Morse seems to be an intense guy as well). When it comes to that last aspect don’t let Josh Allen fool you with that nice kid image, this guy wants to win and I personally believe that he just might have the biggest warrior mentality of them all! Lol! 

Staying with the offense for a minute here more I’d like to say that the WR position got pretty solidified here just recently but adding 1 big timeWR and possibility another piece or 2 could actually make this a dominate position group for us. Let me take this time and go on record and say at this time Robert Foster is by far my favorite WR on this team. I love everything about him, his mentality on and off the field, his commitment/attitude and oh yeah did I mention that this kid has some ability (enter heavy sarcasm here!). Yeah, when it comes to this position here we took some good steps forward. Tyler Kroft was a nice pick up here recently but the one TE that I’m anxious to see this year is Jason Croom. I think that he’s an exciting player and the best is yet to come with this young talent.

Going to the defensive side of the ball our defense has a pretty solid foundation but it’s still a work in progress that needs a few more pieces to be added and this is the right draft for that to happen. I expect that if we stay at #9 in the draft we’ll address the DL ( my hope is Oliver) but hey, what do I know. I’ll throw ST inhere as well. We just got a Pro Bowl kick returner! Hello??? These are the smaller, unnoticed subtle moves that the outside can doesn’t know or realize what is going on in a team. 

So, in retrospect enough has been done recently with FA that I can feel like we really can take the BPA in the upcoming draft. Thanks Beane, I’m honestly confused now on who is going to be our first pick in the draft! Is going to be an edge rusher to Jerry Hughes & Co or is it going to be a DT to offset a bit the loss of Kyle Williams? Where I scoffed before when people suggested going TE with T.J. Hockenson??? Hey, after seeing the likes of Gronkowski tormenting us all these years and the importance of a Travis Kielce under an Andy Reid offense, who is sort of a mentor to McDermott, I can’t discount this notion anymore. Last but not least, although we heavily addressed the OL in FA, could OTs Jawaan Taylor or Jonah Williams be the pick? I wouldn’t want to but I wouldn’t hate it either. I guess that’s the beauty of The Magic Beane, his sorcery has us all hypnotized and when he snaps his fingers in the 1st rd of the draft we’ll all come out from under this trance.

in closing I apologize for making this so lengthy and also making myself go blind in doing all this in a IPhone. I am going to buy myself a Braille IPad for future posts. 

Go Bills!

Holy *****

• Haha (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Go Bills!

A little too general, not enough detail, but I think you're headed in the right direction

There is an art to writing a long post.

This isnt it.  

As written, its unreadable as it feels like a real commitment, like my Keto Diet book thats like an entire book before it gets to the actual instructions...hence, unread still. 

• Haha (+1) 2

The TBD version of "War and Peace of slot receivers in the NFL." Actual question....  did anyone read this? And if so, then can you give us the cliff notes version of it? Thanks!

Ps the FUNNIEST thing is the word "summary" in the title. I truly cant imagine the bandwidth needed to store the full version.

Edited by aceman_16