Chad Kelly is 350 bucks richer...

20 hours ago, The Senator said:

I honestly hope the young man gets his act together.  Same as I hope for Manziel.

But the kid really blew every chance he’s had so far.

And the NFL tossing him 350 bucks ‘performance bonus’ is pretty funny.

JMO

Well said.  Part of the reason I defended Dareus is he had a really hard life.  I struggle to empathize with dudes who had everything handed to them.  I want to like Chad because he is from Buffalo but I’ve never heard a good story about him from Buffalo people. 

Also, he had been kicked off his high school, college, and nfl team so he has that going for him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well said.  Part of the reason I defended Dareus is he had a really hard life.  I struggle to empathize with dudes who had everything handed to them.  I want to like Chad because he is from Buffalo but I’ve never heard a good story about him from Buffalo people. 

Also, he had been kicked off his high school, college, and nfl team so he has that going for him.

Chad Kelly is an a-hole who's old enough to not have to be an a-hole.  Just another rich, spoiled brat ... just like Manziel.

I'm all about second chances.  Eff both of these clowns.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People tend to think of troubled guys like this in black and white terms.

It's one thing to wish him well if he truly commits himself to improving his life outside of football. It's an entirely different thing to want that risk anywhere near the football team you root for.

So yeah, I hope he gets his act together. God knows I'm in no position to judge those that have made really bad decisions. Don't want that stuff anywhere near the Bills and maybe he needs to clean up his life away from football. His only route is always certainly one of the minor leagues and it would take at least a year of solid behavior for an NFL team to give him another shot.

Then there's the question of whether or he's even any good.

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Thank God none of us.. or anybody that contributes on here comes across like that.. 

resisting arrest, threatening to shoot up a bar with a semi automatic weapon.... I think he crossed the line a bit there. He's had quite a history.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What you are forgetting are two things.

1- At the workplace, an employer can definitely tell you what and what not to do. (i.e, protocol for National Anthem)

2- Even if Kaepernick is within his rights, people have the right to not agree with that protest.

So, you also fought for the people I spoke about in #2 above to voice displeasure in those protests.

Respectfully, I’m not forgetting those things. Of course an employer can do that but black balling someone from an entire industry is flat out wrong. 

I agree that people have the right to disagree, wholeheartedly. Our country, as a whole in my opinion, has switched to the mantra of ‘I disagree with him/her so I hate everything about them’. That is shortsighted and stupid. 

He was, I believe, using his voice the best he could about a very real problem. I am not condoning or agreeing with it, I am simply stating that he did what a gentleman would do without name calling and disrupting others to shed light on a concern. 

Edited by TroutDog

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Respectfully, I’m not forgetting those things. Of course an employer can do that but black balling someone from an entire industry is flat out wrong. 

I agree that people have the right to disagree, wholeheartedly. Our country, as a whole in my opinion, has switched to the mantra of ‘I disagree with him/her so I hate everything about them’. That is shortsighted and stupid. 

He was, I believe, using his voice the best he could about a very real problem. I am not condoning or agreeing with it, I am simply stating that he did what a gentleman would do without name calling and disrupting others to shed light on a concern. 

He did it when his starting gig came to an end.

And do you really think Kaepernick was looking to bring about positive change when he wore pig socks on the field? You call that gentlemanly-like?

If so, you are naive.

Also, owners not wanting that distraction in the locker room is not unreasonable.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He did it when his starting gig came to an end.

And do you really think Kaepernick was looking to bring about positive change when he wore pig socks on the field? You call that gentlemanly-like?

If so, you are naive.

Ok. Thank you. 

23 hours ago, klos63 said:

resisting arrest, threatening to shoot up a bar with a semi automatic weapon.... I think he crossed the line a bit there. He's had quite a history.

Imo, the thing he is currently dealing with ...walking into strangers house drunk, sitting

down on the couch in between a woman and her daughter is really ...bad.

Was rooting for the kid, it will be hard for him to move past this incident tho.

I would imagine pleading not guilty won't help.

24 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Imo, the thing he is currently dealing with ...walking into strangers house drunk, sitting

down on the couch in between a woman and her daughter is really ...bad.

Was rooting for the kid, it will be hard for him to move past this incident tho.

I would imagine pleading not guilty won't help.

I forgot about that one. Kid's got some issues.