Chad Kelly is 350 bucks richer...

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...IQ divided by 4 (87.5)....kid has "it"......

I’m not sure whether you’re talking about the dividend or the divisor?

From his conduct, I would guess an IQ of 4, but to get into St. Joe’s I guess they require an IQ  above 85.

CHS ‘77

2 hours ago, Augie said:

So taking a knee can give, or it can take away. Ask Kaepernick. I think he probably lost a bit more than $354. 

Actually Kaep got paid an enormous sum of money and didn't even have to play. 

4 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I’m not sure whether you’re talking about the dividend or the divisor?

From his conduct, I would guess an IQ of 4, but to get into St. Joe’s I guess they require an IQ  above 85.

CHS ‘77

....lofty IMO........

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Actually Kaep got paid an enormous sum of money and didn't even have to play. 

I believe the amount is unknown, and I suspect it’s less than 10 years of holding a clipboard. But whatever, I wasn’t being totally serious anyway.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Why does that matter. He doesn't play for the Bills. I am sorry but this mentality that players have to be nice guys is over rated. 

I would take an elite WR like Antonio Brown over a guy like foster any day. Talent trumps blue collar nice guys. 

I agree, being a nice guy isn’t required to be a great football player. The issue with Kelly is the fact that his attitude/personality has caused drama that interferes with his ability to play football. It’s one thing to be a jerk, it’s another to throw away opportunity due to suspensions, being kicked off teams, etc. 

3 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Curious.. why the Chad Kelly negativity ?

It’s just a natural response most people have when seeing someone throw away every opportunity they are given to redeem themselves. The guy is definitely skilled enough to be on an NFL roster. Very few people are given such a gift. It’s actually quite sad to see a guy throw it all away how he has up to this point. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

The thing people dont realize I Kap was in his way out of the league and because of his kneeling idea he's made tens of millions in endorsements.

He did what is his right as an American and peacefully protested. I fought (and have dearly paid the price for) this. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to dig deeper into what this country is founded upon. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He also took the time to speak to hundreds on kids at Jim's camp about the importance of making good choices and working hard.  He did so by publically explaining what an idiot he has been.  So yes, he has made mistakes, like all of us, buy not many of us have to humble ourselves the way he did.  The backlash is about people being upset they never had the talent to get there in the first place.  Cast the first stone if you've never done stupid things, I know I can't throw one.

Hey, someone asked a question , I answered it. I'm not throwing stones. Just pointing out why he's probably getting grief.  And though I can't throw stones, I've never been arrested or threatened to shoot up a bar... which is no laughing matter these days.

Chad Kelly was well on his way to starting a game or two at the end of the Broncos' season. Not because he looked great in preseason/practice. No. Because Case Keenum looked so bad, and because Paxton Lynch found himself completely out of the league. But Chad, you had to do it, didn't you. I really don't think he gets another shot.

10 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Why does that matter. He doesn't play for the Bills. I am sorry but this mentality that players have to be nice guys is over rated. 

I would take an elite WR like Antonio Brown over a guy like foster any day. Talent trumps blue collar nice guys. 

Haters gotta hate because they have nothing of value to offer themselves.  Criticism is one thing. . .out and out mocking and crap like that is for the playground.

As for choir boys. . .as long as they aren't a clubhouse cancer, bring them in.  I'd rather have a bunch of Chuck Cecils and guys with chips on their shoulders than the nice, church going choir boy that believes the Straight Edge lifestyle is too hard core because of piercing and tattoos and because they carry a bible under their helmets.  This is the NFL. . .you want mercy, you take your ass to church.

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

Hey, someone asked a question , I answered it. I'm not throwing stones. Just pointing out why he's probably getting grief.  And though I can't throw stones, I've never been arrested or threatened to shoot up a bar... which is no laughing matter these days.

I know I quoted you, but my larger aim was to point out some of the good the kid has done as well.  It seems like the board as a whole has taken enjoyment in the guys downfall.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I know I quoted you, but my larger aim was to point out some of the good the kid has done as well.  It seems like the board as a whole has taken enjoyment in the guys downfall.

I don't see the point in defending him.  Speaking in front of kids in his Uncle's camp about stupid choices and then continuing to make stupid choices after giving such a speech is a good thing?

Edited by prissythecat
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

...said no one in the Steelers organization. ;) 

9 hours ago, Seoulful Soul said:

Haters gotta hate because they have nothing of value to offer themselves.  Criticism is one thing. . .out and out mocking and crap like that is for the playground.

As for choir boys. . .as long as they aren't a clubhouse cancer, bring them in.  I'd rather have a bunch of Chuck Cecils and guys with chips on their shoulders than the nice, church going choir boy that believes the Straight Edge lifestyle is too hard core because of piercing and tattoos and because they carry a bible under their helmets.  This is the NFL. . .you want mercy, you take your ass to church.

Just wanted to point out that there have been and are plenty of tough guys in the NFL who also carry a deep personal faith with them at the same time. Being an outstanding NFL player and being a person of faith are not mutually exclusive, that's all I'm saying. 

16 hours ago, TroutDog said:

He did what is his right as an American and peacefully protested. I fought (and have dearly paid the price for) this. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to dig deeper into what this country is founded upon. 

What you are forgetting are two things.

1- At the workplace, an employer can definitely tell you what and what not to do. (i.e, protocol for National Anthem)

2- Even if Kaepernick is within his rights, people have the right to not agree with that protest.

So, you also fought for the people I spoke about in #2 above to voice displeasure in those protests.

Edited by Binghamton Beast