Ryan Fitzpatrick to sign with Miami

33 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

O'Sullivan may have been with 11 NFL teams but for 3 of them he was just on the practice squad.  That would leave him with 8 teams that he was on the roster, tied with Steve DeBerg and Fitz.  If Fitzpatrick would play into his 40s, he could beat both records.  

I’m gonna give JT one-quarter credit for each practice squad year!

Edited by dave mcbride

I actually think this is good news for Bills fans.  (Maybe not this year since our schedule just got a little tougher but long term)  Fitz isn't good enough to be the long term answer at QB but he is definitely  good enough to win Miami enough games (if he's starting) to stop them from getting a top pick to use on a franchise QB in the draft next year.  

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

How so? Fitz is an upgrade from Tannehill.

Almost anyone is, yes?

JK, Fitz is a fine, well-liked journeyman QB.  

I wish him, along with his beautiful wife and family, nothing but the best - save for two Sundays in the Fall.

Looking at the Dolphins' current quarterbacks, 3 6th rounders and ol' Brock, right now you'd have to say Fitz is the best quarterback on the roster.

Shoot, if he  keeps playing,   he may end up on a good team and be the actual starting quarterback.  I hope Miami is not that team,  but compared to previous decades, I know little about the current Dolphins.  Team in decline or rising?

2 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Looking at the Dolphins' current quarterbacks, 3 6th rounders and ol' Brock, right now you'd have to say Fitz is the best quarterback on the roster.

Shoot, if he  keeps playing,   he may end up on a good team and be the actual starting quarterback.  I hope Miami is not that team,  but compared to previous decades, I know little about the current Dolphins.  Team in decline or rising?

rebuild mode, possible decline. although I know of a team that was in a similar situation and made the playoffs the first year of the rebuild, with a little help of course.

Fitz actually had a good year, his 84.4 rating on pff was 10th highest, Matt Ryan was just behind him.

His DVOA on football outsiders was 5th, and his total QBR was 15th. His passer rating was 9th. All in all a good year throwing the ball.