Debbie Downers Empowered By WGR550 Afternoon Drive

theRalph

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Another unnecessary shot at the franchise's decision making...........oh, you downers;)

...this gang has their act together and perhaps more so the the Polian Era.......SEVENTEEN years of "F Troop" misfits running the s*%t show was MORE than enough IMO...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Really? Ralph, were you just looking for attention? You have some explaining to do. 

It's theRalph. Not Ralph, thank you. And I am not in need of attention...I'm already famous. theRalph has given you all the explanation you require.

30 minutes ago, theRalph said:

For all it's faults, the NFL has certainly made the offseason nearly as exciting as fall Sundays. We now have superb awareness of the machinations of the league in March and April. And most Bills' fans are, I believe, very impressed with the free agent class. Many, like me, have already developed a confidence and trust in the McBeane braintrust. Can't wait for the draft!

But the Debbie Downer Syndrome (DDS...which, like the dental reference, causes fear and pain) is still rampant with a group of fans, as well as with the afternoon drive personalities fielded by WGR550. If I hear once more that Josh Allen could be horrible next season, or that the wide receiver group is worse than last season, or that we really haven't improved the line.....

I attribute this negative way of thinking about the team, in part, to the hangover of drought effects. I mean c'mon....even the national media is warming to the Bills' offseason. But when you are a radio personality and feel the need to constantly cover your ass because the team has disappointed in past years, I turn you off. And when you DDS sufferers post here...you will get slammed, like the one thread I just read. The OP had to turn off the comments lol.

Take heart Bills Nation. It's OK, I promise, to have great hopes for the season.  The Patriots are done. The end of the dynasty has arrived...not because Brady or Belicheat are retiring, not because of natural timing/cycles, or not even because of a sinkhole developing under Gillette Stadium. It because KARMA will throttle this team after their disgusting, bordering on sub-human owner got caught with his pants down enabling human trafficking. He will spin in the wind and you may join me in pointing and laughing. At him, and then his team.

Out.

-theRalph

willing to bet $100 this was inspired by mike schopp....and his not so merry band of followers.  that's why i listen mainly to the sports bar with danger and battaglia on 950am rochester. 3-6

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Been seeing this for almost 10years now :P

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This is what, year 7 of the Patriots being done? 

I think after they won their third Super Bowl over 14 years ago, peoplestarted saying it!

people say just don't listen .  Mike Schoop takes care of that.  We should comment , post and complain because having a fair minded INTERESTING afternoon radio show would be enjoyable .  The program director  is Allen davis feel free to drop him a note 

Edited by mcdamit
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this gang has their act together and perhaps more so the the Polian Era.......SEVENTEEN years of "F Troop" misfits running the s*%t show was MORE than enough IMO...

More so than the Polian era?   

The Bills had the most talented roster in the AFC by the middle of 1987(Biscuit trade) and maintained that rank until at least the end of the 1993 season.

McBeane could have a Wilson/Carroll Seahawks-esque run and not reach that level of excellence...........you have the bar set very high my friend............I like it.........expect a Patriot-like run.  

20 years of McAllen dominance or BUST!:thumbsup:

I haven’t listened to WGR in 13 years because they had gotten so bad. Not so much the negativity it was more the constant discussion of things that had absolutely nothing to do with Buffalo Sports or sports in general. Maybe they have gotten better but when I see threads like this it doesn’t make me miss listening to fascinating discussions about maple syrup or Bulldog’s deep seeded hatred of Kenny Chesney.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

These complaints are imaginary 

Wgr has been very positive about the bills' activity in free agency.  Have not heard one person suggest the o line or the WRs got worse.  

Negative about the sabres because they deserve it.  

Please let the OP have his narrative it cannot be challenged ?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

These complaints are imaginary 

Wgr has been very positive about the bills' activity in free agency.  Have not heard one person suggest the o line or the WRs got worse.  

Negative about the sabres because they deserve it.  

Glad to learn this! I’m perpetually bummed to think my favorite teams are covered by hacks & lackeys in the home turf. When I listen via the web, (post games, mostly anymore) if the announcer has a personal axe to grind, no one will derail his express. Overall, I tend to believe the OP and wish y’all had better -or at least some radio competition.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Here's the thing about WGR.  It's a bunch of guys who never played sports and probably aren't very athletic thinking they know everything about sports because they check the stats.  They think they know more than the people who have been there and done it.  No matter how much you read about something, there are important things that you will never pick up on or know unless you do it yourself.  WGR is full of hacks.

So true.  I'd much rather listen to Tasker bumble his way through sentences as he seeks that elusive coherent thought.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

For all it's faults, the NFL has certainly made the offseason nearly as exciting as fall Sundays. We now have superb awareness of the machinations of the league in March and April. And most Bills' fans are, I believe, very impressed with the free agent class. Many, like me, have already developed a confidence and trust in the McBeane braintrust. Can't wait for the draft!

But the Debbie Downer Syndrome (DDS...which, like the dental reference, causes fear and pain) is still rampant with a group of fans, as well as with the afternoon drive personalities fielded by WGR550. If I hear once more that Josh Allen could be horrible next season, or that the wide receiver group is worse than last season, or that we really haven't improved the line.....

I attribute this negative way of thinking about the team, in part, to the hangover of drought effects. I mean c'mon....even the national media is warming to the Bills' offseason. But when you are a radio personality and feel the need to constantly cover your ass because the team has disappointed in past years, I turn you off. And when you DDS sufferers post here...you will get slammed, like the one thread I just read. The OP had to turn off the comments lol.

Take heart Bills Nation. It's OK, I promise, to have great hopes for the season.  The Patriots are done. The end of the dynasty has arrived...not because Brady or Belicheat are retiring, not because of natural timing/cycles, or not even because of a sinkhole developing under Gillette Stadium. It because KARMA will throttle this team after their disgusting, bordering on sub-human owner got caught with his pants down enabling human trafficking. He will spin in the wind and you may join me in pointing and laughing. At him, and then his team.

Out.

-theRalph

Glad I didnt get caught, probably cuz Im a good tipper.?

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Here's the thing about WGR.  It's a bunch of guys who never played sports and probably aren't very athletic thinking they know everything about sports because they check the stats.  They think they know more than the people who have been there and done it.  No matter how much you read about something, there are important things that you will never pick up on or know unless you do it yourself.  WGR is full of hacks.

Excellent post

51 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I haven’t been high in the Bills the last several seasons and I’m not totally sold on Allen yet, but I think they’ll be improved.  I expect them to get a Wildcard playoff spot this season and I hope Allen proves himself too. 

Similar. Encouraged by Allen but not yet sold. Do expect the Bills to be better and right in playoff contention at around 9-7. 

Put me in the camp that does believe the Patriots will take another slight step back in regular season play though and if it is enough to slip them to the 3 seed or lower they won't win it all. 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

The Patriots are done ??

Yeah I thought the same......when the Pats*** start consistently losing THEN we can say they are done.  Until then, like it or not, all cheating crap aside, they have the GOAT QB and a helluva coach who STILL out coaches just about every one when it counts......talk to me when they start losing......the owner doesn't play.  Tho admit it, wouldn't it be cool to see him get lit up by Edmunds????