Debbie Downers Empowered By WGR550 Afternoon Drive

theRalph

For all it's faults, the NFL has certainly made the offseason nearly as exciting as fall Sundays. We now have superb awareness of the machinations of the league in March and April. And most Bills' fans are, I believe, very impressed with the free agent class. Many, like me, have already developed a confidence and trust in the McBeane braintrust. Can't wait for the draft!

But the Debbie Downer Syndrome (DDS...which, like the dental reference, causes fear and pain) is still rampant with a group of fans, as well as with the afternoon drive personalities fielded by WGR550. If I hear once more that Josh Allen could be horrible next season, or that the wide receiver group is worse than last season, or that we really haven't improved the line.....

I attribute this negative way of thinking about the team, in part, to the hangover of drought effects. I mean c'mon....even the national media is warming to the Bills' offseason. But when you are a radio personality and feel the need to constantly cover your ass because the team has disappointed in past years, I turn you off. And when you DDS sufferers post here...you will get slammed, like the one thread I just read. The OP had to turn off the comments lol.

Take heart Bills Nation. It's OK, I promise, to have great hopes for the season.  The Patriots are done. The end of the dynasty has arrived...not because Brady or Belicheat are retiring, not because of natural timing/cycles, or not even because of a sinkhole developing under Gillette Stadium. It because KARMA will throttle this team after their disgusting, bordering on sub-human owner got caught with his pants down enabling human trafficking. He will spin in the wind and you may join me in pointing and laughing. At him, and then his team.

Out.

-theRalph

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Let the babies have their bottle. Once I realize I’m talking to someone like that I refuse to continue any further. 

There’s no point in the discussion if they’ve already made up their mind fully. 

The radio issue is your bad, you chose to listen to garbage chat. 

• Like (+1) 4

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Here's the thing about WGR.  It's a bunch of guys who never played sports and probably aren't very athletic thinking they know everything about sports because they check the stats.  They think they know more than the people who have been there and done it.  No matter how much you read about something, there are important things that you will never pick up on or know unless you do it yourself.  WGR is full of hacks.

To be fair, Josh Allen could be terrible next year, as well as the receivers and o line. 

However, the bills staff is definitely making a strong effort to improve this team and that's what's exciting about this off-season. I personally feel like we're a better team already just with the free agent signings, and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. ALOT falls on Josh Allen's improvement this season though 

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

To be fair, Josh Allen could be terrible next year, as well as the receivers and o line. 

However, the bills staff is definitely making a strong effort to improve this team and that's what's exciting about this off-season. I personally feel like we're a better team already just with the free agent signings, and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet. ALOT falls on Josh Allen's improvement this season though 

He could get injured on the first snap....but the crescendo of his game thru the end of the season tells me to expect great things in September.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you want to hear far, FAR better analysis -- broadcasts that actually feature legitimate information and breakdowns, interesting topics, and a dose of optimism or at least fairness -- Listen to the Cover 1 or Locked On Bills podcasts. BOTH are far superior to anything WGR puts on.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Ya, but Bills' news is a drug you need...even if the dealer cuts it with negative crap.

Legit Bills news is one thing. I come here here for the breaking stuff. 

Slanted garbage opinion chatter by negative blowhards is not news. The only thing their opinions have over any of ours is people willing to give it blind credibility because it comes through speakers. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

If you want to hear far, FAR better analysis -- broadcasts that actually feature legitimate information and breakdowns, interesting topics, and a dose of optimism or at least fairness -- Listen to the Cover 1 or Locked On Bills podcasts. BOTH are far superior to anything WGR puts on.

Thank you for that. I'm in Michigan and was unaware of these!

Just to clarify...I like Howard and Jeremy - they don't play the negativity card much at all. And Sal Capaccio is as good as they come.

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm not saying Allen doesn't need to improve, I think everyone would agree to that, but I believe to what level of improvement is needed varies from person to person. I think part of the perceived improvement people will see this coming year is really just going to be MUCH better talent surrounding a young QB. 

21 minutes ago, theRalph said:

For all it's faults, the NFL has certainly made the offseason nearly as exciting as fall Sundays. We now have superb awareness of the machinations of the league in March and April. And most Bills' fans are, I believe, very impressed with the free agent class. Many, like me, have already developed a confidence and trust in the McBeane braintrust. Can't wait for the draft!

But the Debbie Downer Syndrome (DDS...which, like the dental reference, causes fear and pain) is still rampant with a group of fans, as well as with the afternoon drive personalities fielded by WGR550. If I hear once more that Josh Allen could be horrible next season, or that the wide receiver group is worse than last season, or that we really haven't improved the line.....

I attribute this negative way of thinking about the team, in part, to the hangover of drought effects. I mean c'mon....even the national media is warming to the Bills' offseason. But when you are a radio personality and feel the need to constantly cover your ass because the team has disappointed in past years, I turn you off. And when you DDS sufferers post here...you will get slammed, like the one thread I just read. The OP had to turn off the comments lol.

Take heart Bills Nation. It's OK, I promise, to have great hopes for the season.  The Patriots are done. The end of the dynasty has arrived...not because Brady or Belicheat are retiring, not because of natural timing/cycles, or not even because of a sinkhole developing under Gillette Stadium. It because KARMA will throttle this team after their disgusting, bordering on sub-human owner got caught with his pants down enabling human trafficking. He will spin in the wind and you may join me in pointing and laughing. At him, and then his team.

Out.

-theRalph

I'm just impressed by the word "machinations". Well played Sir?

I haven’t been high in the Bills the last several seasons and I’m not totally sold on Allen yet, but I think they’ll be improved.  I expect them to get a Wildcard playoff spot this season and I hope Allen proves himself too. 

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

These complaints are imaginary 

Wgr has been very positive about the bills' activity in free agency.  Have not heard one person suggest the o line or the WRs got worse.  

Negative about the sabres because they deserve it.  

Really? Ralph, were you just looking for attention? You have some explaining to do.