Clay Matthews as a defensive FA splash

I think Clay has been misused most of his career.  He's a great pass rusher off the edge, and I think would have been better off on a 4-3.

I'd bring him in for cheap and see if he could stay healthy, rotating in as a pass rusher.

12 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

When did it become cool to just start new threads with whatever rando thought pops in someones head? 

Maybe it didnt, but a few people just think it is. 

Right around the time FA and the draft became a 3 month event and the internet was invented.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I guess you have a point....but he seems more of a candidate to fit NE's mode of operation.

I'm not sure where Clay Matthews would fit in.  There is only one FA LB on NE, and he looks to be depth or PS.  Besides, Matthews is going on 33 and is at the age they would get rid of guys.  I know, the signed Michael Bennett, who is also 33, and would probably be used in rotation/situations.  How many guys does a team want like this?  I can't image many.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm not sure where Clay Matthews would fit in.  There is only one FA LB on NE, and he looks to be depth or PS.  Besides, Matthews is going on 33 and is at the age they would get rid of guys.  I know, the signed Michael Bennett, who is also 33, and would probably be used in rotation/situations.  How many guys does a team want like this?  I can't image many.

He is the type of player owners like to bring in to create revenue.  

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Right around the time FA and the draft became a 3 month event and the internet was invented.

I dont disagree, and its totally a crusade - either preaching to the choir OR old man get off my lawn (where offenders point out its a message board) but THIS place wasnt like that as recent at 2 yrs ago. Now 2 out of every 3 threads should be added as convo to existing threads but the OP didnt read, was too lazy, or thought their idea was special enough where its littered with posts like this. 

Its possible still as many opponents (good reading before upcoming games) are still able have a place woth this much traffic that isnt all clutter... but it is what it is and as i choose this as my discussion/news source i know it means dealing with it. Doesnt mean i have to like it though:)

1 hour ago, Magnum Force said:

He is the type of player owners like to bring in to create revenue.  

I don't think NE needs to bring in flashy names to generate revenue.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I don't think NE needs to bring in flashy names to generate revenue.

They also do an excellent job of managing the expense side of the equation. It all starts at the top with Kraft’s knowing about bargains.....and spas.....and bargain spas. 

That will never stop being funny. Both funny haha and funny odd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

They also do an excellent job of managing the expense side of the equation. It all starts at the top with Kraft’s knowing about bargains.....and spas.....and bargain spas.

Yeah, the guy deserves a hand for knowing how to use his business acumen.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

playing for the browns all those years must of taken a toll....

Hmmmmmm

6 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

When’s the last time he was good?

Off the top of my head, 2-3 years ago maybe. I am too lazy to pilfer through stats and analytics for something as worthless as this.