Clay Matthews as a defensive FA splash

My goal is to come here and find a separate thread on every single FA, and also threads for every player who is being rumored to be traded.  Also, a thread for every draft eligible player.

...and don't forget to start a thread if you run into Jim Bock somewhere in Rochester.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Other than Antonio Brown, who else did Beane say he was interested in/inquired about - which you think he's lying about?

...McIvey....er....McBeane never lies.....can't jeopardize his cherry tree............

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Just say no to a player who is no longer skilled.  Invest in the future, not the past.

I am not disagreeing with you but he would only be the 3rd oldest guy we signed in free agency.  I don't think any NFL team is going to sign him to more than a 2 year deal at best.  I think the only reason there is so much debate about him is that he was a 6 time pro bowler and well known.  I am going to be honest with you....I had never heard of Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe or LaAdrian McWaddle before we signed them. If Clay was an unknown player with his stats from last year that we signed to modest contract...we would be saying great depth signing.  

Edited by Magnum Force

$78M earned over 10 years in the NFL, plus what he made from commercials and endorsements.  He made $11.4M last season, which was robbery.  I can’t see him taking a properly valued contract for what he is at this point - a situational pass rusher.  Maybe he’d do one if the incentives were high enough, but that’s not going to be good for anyone.  He should call it a career.  I’m sure he’d wind up doing something football related if he wants. 

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

$78M earned over 10 years in the NFL, plus what he made from commercials and endorsements.  He made $11.4M last season, which was robbery.  I can’t see him taking a properly valued contract for what he is at this point - a situational pass rusher.  Maybe he’d do one if the incentives were high enough, but that’s not going to be good for anyone.  He should call it a career.  I’m sure he’d wind up doing something football related if he wants. 

I think he has Patriot written all over him. 

29 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I think he has Patriot written all over him. 

Thats a pretty good call. Could certainly be time to chase that second ring. 

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Just make the appointment.

USC.

You're embarrassing yourself, Rib. 6 Pro Bowls, 1 first team All Pro, 2 second team All Pro selections and 1 DPOY. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1