Clay Matthews as a defensive FA splash

5 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Here’s another  chance for Beane and company to say “We inquired. We were interested.” Just like when the wife tells me to make my own doctor’s appointment, I call at 4:59 and when they don’t answer, I say “Honey, I tried.”

Other than Antonio Brown, who else did Beane say he was interested in/inquired about - which you think he's lying about?

Edited by Gugny
typo

He's a SoCal boy and there's a team in LA who just went to the Super Bowl. I don't think we'll see him in a Bills uniform.

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

When’s the last time he was good?

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

USC.

He was good in his first few NFL seasons, including 2010 when the Pack won it all. I'm not sure if his slide was caused by injuries or just the lack of defensive talent around him, but I don't think I'd throw a lot of money at him now. Someone will, though.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

He's a SoCal boy and there's a team in LA who just went to the Super Bowl. I don't think we'll see him in a Bills uniform.

He was good in his first few NFL seasons, including 2010 when the Pack won it all. I'm not sure if his slide was caused by injuries or just the lack of defensive talent around him, but I don't think I'd throw a lot of money at him now. Someone will, though.

He’s a prime 1 year deal guy somewhere.  Hopefully not here.  Not a good fit 

22 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Here’s another  chance for Beane and company to say “We inquired. We were interested.” Just like when the wife tells me to make my own doctor’s appointment, I call at 4:59 and when they don’t answer, I say “Honey, I tried.”

come back and post again when not recovering from being on a bender.

24 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

USC.

Huh?  Matthews didn't do much during his first 4 years at USC and when he got to play as a RS senior, produced modestly (4.5 sacks).  I was surprised when the Pack took him in the 1st but he played way above how he did at USC.

And if anyone, I'd rather they go after Justin Houston.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  Matthews didn't do much during his first 4 years at USC and when he got to play as a RS senior, produced modestly (4.5 sacks).  I was surprised when the Pack took him in the 1st but he played way above how he did at USC.

And if anyone, I'd rather they go after Justin Houston.

I was just thinking the same thing Doc....both are outside 3-4 LBs ...I think Houston has more left in his tank.  Matthews numbers did drop off significantly after the 2015 season...they were still respectable but not to his previous standards.  I think Matthews will end up on a more high profile team.  

• Like (+1) 1