Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Aaron Donald was fifty times as productive as this guy, against better competition as well.  No comparison.

Huh? 50 times? So Donald had 250 TFL in college? I did not know that

44 minutes ago, mannc said:

No, Oliver did not dominate prior to this year.  He had 5 sacks each year—against woeful competition.  He is one of the most over-hyped d-line prospects ever.

TFL are a real stat too. Oliver dominated

34 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I like his talent but I think he'll be a low effort malcontent.  Especially after his first big contract.  People forget that he essentially faked being injured and sat out a few games at the end of the year when he should have been playing. That's why he was on the sidelines when his jacket was taken.

I don't want another Darius.  Find me JJ watt or Cam Jordan isntead

Lots of kids sit out bowl games. Its very common these days

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Huh? 50 times? So Donald had 250 TFL in college? I did not know that

TFL are a real stat too. Oliver dominated

Lots of kids sit out bowl games. Its very common these days

Oliver’s TFL numbers went down each year.  And no, TFL isn’t a super meaningful stat, although I suppose it’s “real”.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Oliver’s TFL numbers went down each year.  And no, TFL isn’t a super meaningful stat, although I suppose it’s “real”.

Not meaningful? Holy Moly. Its Definately meaningful when it shows a players' prowess to diagnose, shed blockers, and shoot a gap quickly. Not sure how that doesn't mean anything. Isn't that EXACTLY what he will be drafted for and asked to do?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mannc said:

No, Oliver did not dominate prior to this year.  He had 5 sacks each year—against woeful competition.  He is one of the most over-hyped d-line prospects ever.

...plenty of mocks touting the Taylor kid for Bflo.....what is your assessment?..........thanks bud..

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Can he score touchdowns or are we just gonna keep playing small ball hoping to win 3-0?

Huh?  Did you miss all the FA additions on offense?

As for the first pick, I have faith in the coaching staff to find the best defensive player, be it Oliver or someone else.

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

It’s actually a supremely meaningful stat for a d-lineman, but whatever. I don’t have a dog in this fight with regard to the player, although I do care about assessing measures of production. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Watch the video. He stays far enough away to not be a physical threat but close enough to give him a piece of his mind. If he was going to beat up his coach he would have. The teamates are telling him to stop yelling at the coach and pushing him away making it look worse . You are over exaggerating what happened. Worst case you have a shouting match and even that is a stretch.  

I feel like you didn't watch the video.

He was like a foot from the coach's face and he shoved people out of his way who were physically restraining him from getting in the coach's face.

If he wasn't restrained it may very well have led to a physical altercation.

Do I think it's the end of the world and that they shouldn't go anywhere near him?

No.

Do I think it's worth asking some questions about, and that it may lead them to pass on him? 

Yes.

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I feel like you didn't watch the video.

He was like a foot from the coach's face and he shoved people out of his way who were physically restraining him from getting in the coach's face.

If he wasn't restrained it may very well have led to a physical altercation.

Do I think it's the end of the world and that they shouldn't go anywhere near him?

No.

Do I think it's worth asking some questions about, and that it may lead them to pass on him? 

Yes.

Keep over exaggerating

13 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Love me some Oliver, won’t be surprised moving up a few spots for him. 

You should be very surprised. Don't expect them to move up that early in the draft now that they've got QBs on both O and D. 

9th to 6th would be 250 points, roughly a low 2nd or high 3rd rounder. They aren't giving away those picks. Those are the ones they can pick guys like Bradbury, Ximines or Deebo with.

13 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

There won't be a need for that because if he doesn't fall to us that just means an equally talented player like Williams, Allen, Wilkins, Gary, White or Ferrell will be there. Though I'd prefer Oliver you really can't go wrong with the 9 pick. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The odds are against every single one of these players being good in the NFL. 

That's not a very sensible opinion.

Says a lot more about you than it does about the players.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Can he score touchdowns or are we just gonna keep playing small ball hoping to win 3-0?

Yeah, like no attention was given to the offense in free agency and there aren't draft picks after #9? ?

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s actually a supremely meaningful stat for a d-lineman, but whatever. I don’t have a dog in this fight with regard to the player, although I do care about assessing measures of production. 

Production went down because Houston moved him to a nose tackle..... Idiots.  The man is a solid 3 tech lineman.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Keep not watching the video

Ive watched the video before each post(5-6 times this morning alone) Each time i see that you dont understand what youre watching or havent watched it at all.  By your logic the players that are inbetween them are smaller than a newborn baby. 

If you want we can meet up for a beer and i can point out where you're wrong and wildly over exaggerating. If not have a good day in your fantasy land

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ive watched the video before each post(5-6 times this morning alone) Each time i see that you dont understand what youre watching or havent watched it at all.  By your logic the players that are inbetween them are smaller than a newborn baby. 

If you want we can meet up for a beer and i can point out where you're wrong and wildly over exaggerating. If not have a good day in your fantasy land

He was a foot away from him at one point before somebody stepped between them.

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Sounds like a fun way to spend a Sunday.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He was a foot away from him at one point before somebody stepped between them.

That may be so, but that doesn't fit the narrative you've created that he attempted to physically assault his HC and needed to be restrained. I highly recommend you read Applewhite's comments following this one time occurance about Oliver's passion for the game and his high character. It may ease your stance pertaining to your dislike of him as a player/person/teammate