Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

On 3/17/2019 at 9:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I would just say to watch him play. It’s the only way to really put context around any stats you might see. He’s triple teamed at times. Even he said in his combine interview he’s used to having 6 hands on him. He’s a 5 star recruit who went to Houston. He may not have gone against as many top schools but his talent is top notch and he was the main guy opponents game planned against. 

LOL He juked the C. I've never seen a DT do that before.

12 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This is (IMHO) a fallacy. Go back even 20 years and assess how many All Pros were picked at 9.  Then also look at how many 9th picks have truly not panned out, then look at the remaining picks that had good, not great, careers.  I think that you’ll find that the bust equal or exceed the stars.  Key is to find high floor guys that can be good starters and hope a few of them turn out to be great.  Avoid the high ceiling, low floor guys like plague.  

That's Ed Oliver

14 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

This is where we differ.  I don't see Metcalf as a one trick pony.  I'm not even sure what you mean by it?  I know about Metcalf's cone drill, I honestly don't even care about it.   Megatron is mentioned in your analysis and at least Metcalf ran the 3 cone.  Megatron NEVER did and he dominated the position.  He never ran the 20 yd shuttle either.  My bet is Calvin Johnson didn't run the 3 cone or the 20 yd shuttle because based on his build, he probably would have been horrible at it.  Secondly, Calvin Johnson did not run the entire route tree.  His most dominating routes were Go's, slants, posts.  Nobody was asking him to run snags, zigs, Poco, Copo, comebacks.  Why would they?  That's stupid (LOL in Robert Kelly voice YUK).  "That's stupid guys.  Use your common sense" LOL Anyway back to the post.  He doesn't excel at that.  Ask your player to do what he excels at and scheme around that.   

If I'm drafting Metcalf, that's exactly what I'm asking him to do.  Go's, slants, posts, curls - He ran all of these at Ole Miss and was highly effective running these routes.  He also had success on screens.  I'm not asking him to run the entire route tree, I'm trying to accentuate his strengths.  Let him master those routes.  But his intangibles are 1) he wins at the line of scrimmage; 2) he uses his frame on slants to box out defenders; 3) he can get over the top of the safety on post routes; 4)  He can win 50/50 balls.  To me he has plenty of upside and plenty to build an offense around.  To me the decision to draft him or not is based on do I want a guy at the WR position that I can build my passing game around or do I just want a bunch of complimentary pieces? 

I still think you need another player at 9.  Metcalf is not going to carry your team.  You can get a WR later in the draft that you can build a passing game around.  I think   I'm not sure Megatron ever got the Lions to the SB.   Also, Megatron was much more dominate in college.  I'd rather take Campbell, Brown (Old Miss) or Ridley later in the draft. 

10 hours ago, GreggTX said:

LOL He juked the C. I've never seen a DT do that before.

I don't believe the point of the video was that he juked the center... I think it was to show that he occupied 4 linemen on the play.

Kind of hard to miss...

On 3/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, YoloinOhio said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c8d975450756b6d36

Trying to follow the breadcrumbs here...  stupid, over-hyped movie.... over-hyped trite and contrived song... overblown Oscars performance by two media whores... 

So... you think Ed Oliver is a stupid, contrived, over-hyped media *****?

Funny, more than one is acceptable, but a single prostitute is a no-no in the eyes of the language filter.  :lol:

Edited by transient

50 minutes ago, transient said:

Trying to follow the breadcrumbs here...  stupid, over-hyped movie.... over-hyped trite and contrived song... overblown Oscars performance by two media whores... 

Funny, more than one is acceptable, but a single prostitute is a no-no in the eyes of the language filter.  :lol:

I like the movie, the song, and I look at Ed Oliver like Gaga looks at Brad. Sorry! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like the movie, the song, and I look at Ed Oliver like Gaga looks at Brad. Sorry! 

No need to apologize. There’s no accounting for taste, and I seem to be in the minority. Don’t go looking at Oliver with Gaga eyes too often or the media might start reporting about Mrs. Yolo’s jealousy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If Oliver is there at 9 I am sold. I think pass rush is the team's top defensive need and among the team's top needs overall. Even after free agency the Bills still have some needs on offense but I don't see the value at WR, TE, or Tackle. I also think that after nabbing a top pass rusher like Oliver in round 1 the team can and will fill needs in rounds 2 and 3 on offense. Now unless there is an amazing draft the team will likely still have a couple of holes and depth issues. But an impactful draft where 2-3 starters and nice depth are found can cement the team's roster in a really nice way. 

4 hours ago, transient said:

I’m sorry Bradley Cooper is a media *****? Do you know anything about him? LOL!

24 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I’m sorry Bradley Cooper is a media *****? Do you know anything about him? LOL!

If you read between the lines you'll see that I didn't take that post nearly as seriously as you do your role as the president of the Bradley Cooper fan club.  To answer your question, though, I know he did a pretty kickass Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy.  Beyond that, and what's available and presumed to be public knowledge about an A list actor that did numerous interviews about a movie he both starred in and directed, no I don't know a great deal about him.  Admittedly the "media w***e" quip fits a little more snugly on Lady Gaga than it does on your fair Bradley.

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

wow...i'm sold

I’m not.  The line that his production was mediocre because he was so much better than his teammates is ridiculous.  I don’t think anyone had to make excuses like that for Khalil Mack, another big time prospect from a non power five conference.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

I’m not.  The line that his production was mediocre because he was so much better than his teammates is ridiculous.  I don’t think anyone had to make excuses like that for Khalil Mack, another big time prospect from a non power five conference.

Mack averaged 18 tkl for loss and 7 sacks a season in his career. Oliver avg 17 tkls for loss and 4.5 sacks. While Mack was more productive, so was Oliver. He put up those numbers playing  NT for a ton of snaps as well. Oliver is a legit prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Who you got at 9 then?

I am not 100% sold on Oliver.  His size bothers me and so far I've watched two full games of his from last season and I didn't see a dominant player.  His quickness was evident and he was doubled nearly every play, but I did not see - in those two games - someone that I'd HAVE to take at 9 if he is available.  I think that he belongs in the conversation at 9, but he shouldn't be the only guy in that conversation.