Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Kyler Murray

Quinnen Williams

Nick Bosa

Josh Allen

Delvin White

are the 5 I am almost certain that go before Oliver.  Hopefully teams panic and trade up for Lock and Haskins.  We need Tampa to select Sweat.  I am doubting Oliver makes it to 9.  Aaron Donald won back to back defensive player of the year awards.  It's hard not to see similarities.  Bills run to podium to select Oliver if he makes it to 9 IMO.

That begs the question- what do Bills do if Oliver and those 5 are not available?  Do we trade down?  Do we select Gary or Wilkins?  Jonah or Jawaan?  DK?  Hock?   And if Lock and Haskins make it to 9-we are in prime spot for QB needy teams(plenty of them) to leap Denver at 10.  So that just might be a nice consolation prize if we do lose out on Oliver

Oliver is not there take TJ Hock all day. I dont like Sweat he's to tight in the hips and plays to high to much same can be said about Gary those 2 guys are the most overrated players in this draft. They will be solid NFL players but not the production u want from a top 10 pk. 

TJ on the other hand has to me the highest floor and possibly the highest ceiling out of any prospect in this draft. Kid can flat out ball and he loves the game and plays with ton of energy  This type of attitude and passion will be great for the team and can permeate threw the locker room. 

If it was up to me I'm taking Oliver or Hock to start this draft. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Ed Oliver has to be the favorite to be picked at 9....provided he is still there

I agree. If he is not there we go:

- Rashan Gary 

- Montez Sweat

- Devin White 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am a little worried about Montez Sweat

I am not a fan of his style. I would much prefer Burns. I wish Gary had a little more production. I would be very happy with Devin White though. I think he will be even better than Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, billspro said:

I am not a fan of his style. I would much prefer Burns. I wish Gary had a little more production. I would be very happy with Devin White though. I think he will be even better than Edmunds.

I watched every game of Gary's career as a Michigan fan. NO THANK YOU.

Oliver would be the ideal choice IF AVAILABLE. I'd prefer Sweat over Gary, but I'm not particularly enthused. The Bills seem to be very high on Christian Wilkins and Taylor and I wouldn't hate either. I'd be good with Burns of Ferrell. All of this assumes that by some force of nature, a guy like Josh Allen doesn't fall into our lap.

So Gary is the nightmare pick for me personally. I would also hate to see them reach for J Williams as I think his best NFL position is center or guard.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

We pick 9th.

Kyler Murray
Quinnen Williams
Nick Bosa
Clelin Ferrell
Josh Allen
Dwayne Haskins
Rashan Gary
Brian Burns
TJ Hockenson
Greedy Williams
DK Metcalf
Jonah Willams
Jawaan Taylor

All of the above guys are, depending on who you ask, ranked as high or higher than Ed Oliver in terms of value. SOMEBODY good is bound to slip to the Bills. Given Oliver's less than prototypical size, it's not unreasonable to think it could be him.

Wrong! At least 5 of those guys are not ranked higher. That’s not included TJ and Gary 

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Wrong! At least 5 of those guys are not ranked higher. That’s not included TJ and Gary 

It's all guess work, man.

None of us -- not analysts, ESPN talking heads, not Kiper, not you, not me -- know how teams actually rank these guys.

C'mon.

10 hours ago, whorlnut said:

In this scenario, I think the only two players keeping the Bills from trading down are Jawaan Taylor and T.J. Hockenson. The Bills could finish the o-line for years to come with Taylor and give Allen the best protection possible. Hockenson could provide good blocking and pass catching skills as a safety blanket to Allen. Either one would be a huge upgrade and provide us with a potential pro bowler. 

I think the Bills have their eyes on Jerry Tillery at 40. Apparently, they have been at a lot of ND games this year and I could see Beane being enamored with Tillery’s size. He loves prototypes. 

All that said, I hope we trade down and pick up a second 2 or 3. This would allow us to get another potential starter and give us ammo to move around the board. 

I think u are on to something here is can see any combination of Hock & Tillery or Oliver & a TE either a trade up for Fant or Irv Smith at #40.

Top 5 seems pretty set with

CARDINALS-KYLER MURRAY
NINERS-NICK BOSA
JETS-JOSH ALLEN
RAIDERS-QUINNEN WILLIAMS
BUCS-DEVIN WHITE

It gets murky after that with the Giants, Jaguars and Lions who are most rumored with Jawaan Taylor, Montez Sweat, Rashaan Gary, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, Johnah Williams and Ed Oliver

10 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

CARDINALS-KYLER MURRAY
NINERS-NICK BOSA
JETS-JOSH ALLEN
RAIDERS-QUINNEN WILLIAMS
BUCS-DEVIN WHITE

It gets murky after that with the Giants, Jaguars and Lions who are most rumored with Jawaan Taylor, Montez Sweat, Rashaan Gary, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, Johnah Williams and Ed Oliver

And Ed Oliver.

• Haha (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

CARDINALS-KYLER MURRAY
NINERS-NICK BOSA
JETS-JOSH ALLEN
RAIDERS-QUINNEN WILLIAMS
BUCS-DEVIN WHITE

with Ed being available twice I like our odds! :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1