Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

I see this guy like I see Edmunds. Freakish athlete. Would like if not love the pick. But I don't see him taking the league by storm or being all that great as a rookie. I think any big smart OG or C will smother him a lot early in his career despite the freakish athleticism. I also don't think the Donald comparisons are smart. Donald is a total freak of nature in ways that Russell Wilson is a freak of nature. There isn't anyone like him and I don't think Oliver will be like him. 

31 minutes ago, DJB said:

Anyone know the actual date he is in town?

No, the team doesn’t announce these visits but the twitter draft guys find out somehow who is on the list. We usually hear about the date right before they get in, because their schedules are wack. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

His career high is 7, and he's 29 years old. Foster's career high is 3. I'm projecting them to be as good as they've ever been. How are you getting higher projections. Go ahead and triple my projections for them and give them once in a lifetime All-Pro seasons - it's still not enough

Well, over the course of the last 6 games, our offense averaged 22 points a game. So, 3 TD's a game.If we were to extrapolate that into a 16 game window, that's

48. And if we are to believe that Allen will improve, and our line has improved, and our WR's have improved,50 is not out of the realm of possibilities. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, c-troop said:

is anyone concerned with his production decline in college? 

No because Houston used him all over the line instead of just putting him in the 3 tech where his numbers are crazy.  If the Bills draft him it's so he will become the 3 tech they need.  

4 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

I wish we could get Quinnen Williams though. He is a savage. I know he will be gone in the top 3 and I just hope the Jets don’t grab him. Ed Oliver is decent his tape shows great athleticism but poor technique and balance  lot of times. Something he can work on at the next level and he will definitely have to put on a few more pounds. I just don’t know if McDermott will like his attitude. The jacket incident was stupid but it was a team rule n he acted like a baby having a hissy fit. But only time will tell

Unfortunately unless the Jets trade down they are going to get a STUD on their D Line.  Bosa, Williams or Allen.  Boo.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's cute. It's a shame we don't have career trajectories or anything. Spoiler: if every one of our players including our combined 66 year old RBs have the best season of their careers, we're still short. But carry on.

There’s also this thing called defense that influences games. Robert foster had 3 tds in half a season as a rookie but ya let’s “project” him to only get 3. If Allen takes the next step it’s also ridiculous to think everyone’s tds won’t take a jump. 

The second half of last year with Barkley and Allen post injury the bills were on pace to get 48 tds over the course of a full season so ya there is no way the bills could ever get to 50 with adding a bunch more offensive weapons, new oline,  Allen becoming more comfortable and experienced and the draft still yet to come. But keep talking about unrealistic offseasons and meaningless projected stats 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

If we stay at 9- Oliver, Wilkins, White, Williams or Allen. I would be pleased as punch with any of them.  Of course I prefer we trade down, load up on top 100 picks.  But I quite understand staying at 9 and selecting a beast like Oliver, or a process guy like Wilkins(whom I think might be the Bills pick).  If we trade back, then I would consider Metcalf or Hotch

I don't think we need to trade down as much as we did before free agency.  I would rather trade our extra 4th and extra 5th for a 3rd.  We brought in 9 players so far and have 10 picks.  Not many spots on the roster anymore.  

For those of you pining over Oliver, I think you are getting your hopes up for nothing. You can’t ignore Beane and McDermitt’s affinity for clean prospects that fit the culture that they are trying to build. Oliver doesn’t fit that in the least. It’s been well documented that he’s a high maintenance player and there are questions about whether he was faking a knee injury late in the season. Not to mention the hissy fit he threw over the jacket. That stuff can’t be ignored and I’m sure it will all be brought up during his visit. 

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

For those of you pining over Oliver, I think you are getting your hopes up for nothing. You can’t ignore Beane and McDermitt’s affinity for clean prospects that fit the culture that they are trying to build. Oliver doesn’t fit that in the least. It’s been well documented that he’s a high maintenance player and there are questions about whether he was faking a knee injury late in the season. Not to mention the hissy fit he threw over the jacket. That stuff can’t be ignored and I’m sure it will all be brought up during his visit. 

By well documented, you mean...in your opinion, right? Guess you didn't read the 5 links I promised you last night that say otherwise, huh? Your narrative is quite ridiculous. First you claimed he was always injured, now you say he was faking it. Just admit that you don't like him, regardless of facts, and let it go. You're not convincing anyone other than yourself lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

By well documented, you mean...in your opinion, right? Guess you didn't read the 5 links I promised you last night that say otherwise, huh? Your narrative is quite ridiculous. First you claimed he was always injured, now you say he was faking it. Just admit that you don't like him, regardless of facts, and let it go. You're not convincing anyone other than yourself lol

Here we go again. Nope. I sent you a link. Ignore it. I see that’s your MO. Doesn’t matter. I’m not worried about Oliver at all because we won’t be drafting him. Not a process guy. Take off your hype glasses and see the big picture.

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Here we go again. Nope. I sent you a link. Ignore it. I see that’s your MO. Doesn’t matter. I’m not worried about Oliver at all because we won’t be drafting him. Not a process guy. Take off your hype glasses and see the big picture.

Great character, Ed...

https://mgoblog.com/comment/243179420

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Great character, Ed...

I read it. I take ALL accounts and info regarding the matter and form an unbiased opinion. Did you happen to read the links I sent you? 

There's no hype glasses at all. He's a beast of a 3tech, a good teammate, coachable, high character kid. With a ton of production. Applewhite agrees. Why cant you?

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Great character, Ed...

So is he always injured as you first stated? Or was he faking it as is your accusation 24 hours later?

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I read it. I take ALL accounts and info regarding the matter and form an unbiased opinion. Did you happen to read the links I sent you? 

There's no hype glasses at all. He's a beast of a 3tech, a good teammate, coachable, high character kid. With a ton of production. Applewhite agrees. Why cant you?

Of course a coach is going to say “coach things” about one of their players. He wasn’t going to just throw him under the bus. However, you can’t ignore what the entire sports world saw in that moment. He literally had to be restrained from his coach because he asked him to take off his jacket and let the players have it. He felt entitled to it and took exception to it. Why can’t you admit that?

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Of course a coach is going to say “coach things” about one of their players. He wasn’t going to just throw him under the bus. However, you can’t ignore what the entire sports world saw in that moment. He literally had to be restrained from his coach because he asked him to take off his jacket and let the players have it. He felt entitled to it and took exception to it. Why can’t you admit that?

I admit that wholeheartedly. I watched it over and over again. He was out of line, as was Applewhite. He did NOT however attempt to assault his coach. He approached him, let him have an angry earfull, at which time players got between them. That said, that was the one blemish on his otherwise great career to this point. If there are any more incidents that I am unaware of, please enlighten me and perhaps my opinion will change. 

But to my other question, and I'd really like a response, was he always injured as you said last night? Or was he faking it as you said minutes ago?

16 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

So is he always injured as you first stated? Or was he faking it as is your accusation 24 hours later?

Never said he was always injured. He had knee issues and then sat out a game but was on the field running around before that game. Yes, I think there is something to be said that he was faking the severity of his injury. 

Edited by whorlnut