Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This league has become extremely offense oriented. Last year, of the nine top touchdown leaders in the league onely one (Pittsburgh) did not make the playoffs. Everyone that appeared in the conference championship was in the top 7, and everyone besides New England was in the top 3. That should tell us all something. The minimum bar to get Top 9 is 50 Touchdowns. The Bills were tied for 3rd worst in the league with 29. That means they have to make up an extra 21 Touchdowns to be in the ballpark of wanting to seriously compete.

If you say Brown gets 6, Beasley gets 5, McCoy gets 5, Gore gets 3, Foster gets 3, Kroft gets 3 - which are all completely in line with recent production - where are you picking up another 25 TDS?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOUCHDOWNS&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Actually who scores the TDs is a good post and probably deserves its own thread.

Bills have consistently been above average in rushing TDs.

Need 5 from the D and STs.

Bills only had 13 Passing TDs last year.  Everyone knows this is the problem.

Josh Allen has an unconventional ball delivery.  Generally it's always going to be a fastball and a lot of times a little late.

It seems to me the Bills need to "try" a lot of WRs and find ones that can handle that type of ball.

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This league has become extremely offense oriented. Last year, of the nine top touchdown leaders in the league onely one (Pittsburgh) did not make the playoffs. Everyone that appeared in the conference championship was in the top 7, and everyone besides New England was in the top 3. That should tell us all something. The minimum bar to get Top 9 is 50 Touchdowns. The Bills were tied for 3rd worst in the league with 29. That means they have to make up an extra 21 Touchdowns to be in the ballpark of wanting to seriously compete.

If you say Brown gets 6, Beasley gets 5, McCoy gets 5, Gore gets 3, Foster gets 3, Kroft gets 3 - which are all completely in line with recent production - where are you picking up another 25 TDS?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOUCHDOWNS&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2018&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Josh.

I wish we could get Quinnen Williams though. He is a savage. I know he will be gone in the top 3 and I just hope the Jets don’t grab him. Ed Oliver is decent his tape shows great athleticism but poor technique and balance  lot of times. Something he can work on at the next level and he will definitely have to put on a few more pounds. I just don’t know if McDermott will like his attitude. The jacket incident was stupid but it was a team rule n he acted like a baby having a hissy fit. But only time will tell

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Just tell me how we get to 50 touchdowns this year, and I won't be salty.

I don’t know the season hasn’t been played yet. touchdowns are scored during games not handed out in the offseason 

• Like (+1) 2

If we stay at 9- Oliver, Wilkins, White, Williams or Allen. I would be pleased as punch with any of them.  Of course I prefer we trade down, load up on top 100 picks.  But I quite understand staying at 9 and selecting a beast like Oliver, or a process guy like Wilkins(whom I think might be the Bills pick).  If we trade back, then I would consider Metcalf or Hotch

2 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

I don’t know the season hasn’t been played yet. touchdowns are scored during games not handed out in the offseason 

That's cute. It's a shame we don't have career trajectories or anything. Spoiler: if every one of our players including our combined 66 year old RBs have the best season of their careers, we're still short. But carry on.

39 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

To say Brown is only going to get 6 and Foster 3 is ridiculous. Brown was extremely under utilized the last half of the season and Foster was only a starter after the first Jets game. Him and Allen have built amazing chemistry which will only be better after another year and a whole offseason of working together. Plus having brown and Foster on the field together opens up the entire field. No more stacked boxes for the RB. Also Beasley/Zay and whoever the TE will be have the middle of the field open to them. It all depends on Josh Allen now.

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

To say Brown is only going to get 6 and Foster 3 is ridiculous. Brown was extremely under utilized the last half of the season and Foster was only a starter after the first Jets game. Him and Allen have built amazing chemistry which will only be better after another year and a whole offseason of working together. Plus having brown and Foster on the field together opens up the entire field. No more stacked boxes for the RB. Also Beasley/Zay and whoever the TE will be have the middle of the field open to them. It all depends on Josh Allen now.

His career high is 7, and he's 29 years old. Foster's career high is 3. I'm projecting them to be as good as they've ever been. How are you getting higher projections. Go ahead and triple my projections for them and give them once in a lifetime All-Pro seasons - it's still not enough

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

His career high is 7, and he's 29 years old. Foster's career high is 3. I'm projecting them to be as good as they've ever been. How are you getting higher projections. Go ahead and triple my projections for them and give them once in a lifetime All-Pro seasons - it's still not enough

The Bills had 29 TDs with the collection they had last year.  Add 2 more to each of the players you listed and give Josh 9 and voila!

18 hours ago, WMDman said:

fingers crossed he drops to us

Bills should be prepared to go get him. at least be prepared   : )

and this coming from one who leans towards moving down from nine.
He might be the guy they fall in love with.

think hard and long on this one Bills FO

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

If we stay at 9- Oliver, Wilkins, White, Williams or Allen. I would be pleased as punch with any of them.  Of course I prefer we trade down, load up on top 100 picks.  But I quite understand staying at 9 and selecting a beast like Oliver, or a process guy like Wilkins(whom I think might be the Bills pick).  If we trade back, then I would consider Metcalf or Hotch

damn that Metcalf thinking Pete. there will be enough pass catchers 
Hock ? thats another player Bills should be full court pressing right now too.
Wilkins? if you like him, i probably will as well.

16 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Brown has never been the focal point of an offense and Foster will now also be a focal point: I’m not saying they triple production but I will guarantee they both have career highs and simply only if it’s because of more volume going their way. If you wanna sit and cry go ahead. I’m excited and if Allen can grow and become better then he was last year this team has a shot to be a very dynamic offense. You do know our QB is in his second year and last year we had multiple bums playing at QB for half the season which was a historically bad offense. With our defense also hopefully getting better and not having to carry the team we won’t need 50 touchdowns. Do you just wake up and find reasons to complain and B word. Your life must suck

Edited by Rebel101

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's cute. It's a shame we don't have career trajectories or anything. Spoiler: if every one of our players including our combined 66 year old RBs have the best season of their careers, we're still short. But carry on.

must be  record Bills just broke ?

: )

1 minute ago, c-troop said:

Noah Fant 

: )

not a bad call c-

put him on the list

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills had 29 TDs with the collection they had last year.  Add 2 more to each of the players you listed and give Josh 9 and voila!

Or you could just give Shady 17, since that was his career high, Josh 8, and someone else 1.