Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

32 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

That may be so, but that doesn't fit the narrative you've created that he attempted to physically assault his HC and needed to be restrained. I highly recommend you read Applewhite's comments following this one time occurance about Oliver's passion for the game and his high character. It may ease your stance pertaining to your dislike of him as a player/person/teammate

Been through it all.

Fully believe that if somebody hadn't stepped in between them he would have laid hands on his coach.

58 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ive watched the video before each post(5-6 times this morning alone) Each time i see that you dont understand what youre watching or havent watched it at all.  By your logic the players that are inbetween them are smaller than a newborn baby. 

If you want we can meet up for a beer and i can point out where you're wrong and wildly over exaggerating. If not have a good day in your fantasy land

Both of them needed to be smarter at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Excellent video. Good breakdown. Thanks for this

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Been through it all.

Fully believe that if somebody hadn't stepped in between them he would have laid hands on his coach.

Well you're entitled to fully believe whatever you want, it doesn't make it true. Do yourself a favor and just read what Applewhite said about Oliver's character

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ive watched the video before each post(5-6 times this morning alone) Each time i see that you dont understand what youre watching or havent watched it at all.  By your logic the players that are inbetween them are smaller than a newborn baby. 

If you want we can meet up for a beer and i can point out where you're wrong and wildly over exaggerating. If not have a good day in your fantasy land

All I got from that is no QB is safe. Sign me up ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Excellent video. Good breakdown. Thanks for this

Well you're entitled to fully believe whatever you want, it doesn't make it true. Do yourself a favor and just read what Applewhite said about Oliver's character

I've read was said about his character by his coach.

I've also heard what people say about the character of guys who wind up being nothing but trouble after they've been vouched for.

I also said that because of this incident it's on the front office to do their due diligence on him, to determine if they think it's going to be an issue in the future.

It's pure ignorance to not at least dig into it from a team perspective.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I've read was said about his character by his coach.

I've also heard what people say about the character of guys who wind up being nothing but trouble after they've been vouched for.

I also said that because of this incident it's on the front office to do their due diligence on him, to determine if they think it's going to be an issue in the future.

It's pure ignorance to not at least dig into it from a team perspective.

Oh, I absolutely agree with that. Maybe I'm biased, but I really think he'd be a terrific fit at 3tech for us. Outstanding against the run, and high potential to disrupt in the backfield, be it sacks or pressures or TFL's

Regardless, no doubt McBeane will do their due diligence and I trust them to make the right choice

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Oh, I absolutely agree with that. Maybe I'm biased, but I really think he'd be a terrific fit at 3tech for us. Outstanding against the run, and high potential to disrupt in the backfield, be it sacks or pressures or TFL's

He's a very good player and I have nothing against him in that regard, nor do I have an issue drafting him solely in that sense.

Pittsburgh is a team that overlooks personality/character issues when the draft, and look what happens to them because of it.

They constantly are giving away/losing talent and having locker room issues because they overlook and ignore possible character issues.

I'm not saying every player has to be a choir boy, but you can't overlook the fact that he raged on a coach and went after him, even if you believe he had no intention of physically assaulting him, he was at the very least trying to intimidate and bully his coach.

I am larger, younger, and stronger than my boss at work, but I don't blow a gasket and get up in his grill like that when we have a disagreement, even if he is completely wrong and I am upset.

I get it, he is 21, but I wasn't doing that to my superiors at that age either.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He's a very good player and I have nothing against him in that regard, nor do I have an issue drafting him solely in that sense.

Pittsburgh is a team that overlooks personality/character issues when the draft, and look what happens to them because of it.

They constantly are giving away/losing talent and having locker room issues because they overlook and ignore possible character issues.

I'm not saying every player has to be a choir boy, but you can't overlook the fact that he raged on a coach and went after him, even if you believe he had no intention of physically assaulting him, he was at the very least trying to intimidate and bully his coach.

I am larger, younger, and stronger than my boss at work, but I don't blow a gasket and get up in his grill like that when we have a disagreement, even if he is completely wrong and I am upset.

I get it, he is 21, but I wasn't doing that to my superiors at that age either.

I just don't see an issue other than onetime when his character is concerned. And honestly, I think Applewhite was unnecessarily belittling the kid in a personal way other than football related. Just my opinion of course. I guess my point is, the overall body of work, minus that one incident, shows zero concern in the character department. Again, just my opinion

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I just don't see an issue other than onetime when his character is concerned. And honestly, I think Applewhite was unnecessarily belittling the kid in a personal way other than football related. Just my opinion of course. I guess my point is, the overall body of work, minus that one incident, shows zero concern in the character department. Again, just my opinion

...any validity to mocks advocating Taylor for Bflo versus Oliver?...unfortunately I don't get to see college ball.....more clueless than anybody realized........

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Great video and very in depth. I'd be happy with him for sure, but seeing Tillery's name pop up so much in this video and the amount of times he was scouted as well, makes me think they could go OT 9 and look for Tillery in R2

I like Tillery and Astro thinks he is a Bills target with how much they live scouted ND. He did have surgery recently though which I think will put him out until TC at earliest.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I definitely think applewhite was in the wrong too.

It may very well be a one time thing, it may not be.

Nobody knows that for sure.

I just think it's crazy to not at least question it and look into his character before dropping a top10 pick on him.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...any validity to mocks advocating Taylor for Bflo versus Oliver?...unfortunately I don't get to see college ball.....more clueless than anybody realized........

I think so. The kid looks like a beast. Whether or not he'll be rated higher than a D-line at 9 on McBeane's board is anyone's guess tho. I'd be thrilled to have him, just don't know if value=pick at that point in the draft. One thing's for sure...I can't WAIT for the draft

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I definitely think applewhite was in the wrong too.

It may very well be a one time thing, it may not be.

Nobody knows that for sure.

I just think it's crazy to not at least question it and look into his character before dropping a top10 pick on him.

I absolutely agree! We can't miss on a 1st rd pick. They Definately will have more info on these issues than John Q Fan will. I trust their dillegence to make the right call

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Wasn't Coach Applewhite terminated after the jacket fracas ?

Yes. Shortly thereafter

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Wasn't Coach Applewhite terminated after the jacket fracas ?

Technically he was terminated, but it was a month+ after the incident.

I mean maybe it had something to do it with it, but it wasn't like they canned him the day after.

10 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I think so. The kid looks like a beast. Whether or not he'll be rated higher than a D-line at 9 on McBeane's board is anyone's guess tho. I'd be thrilled to have him, just don't know if value=pick at that point in the draft. One thing's for sure...I can't WAIT for the draft

...appreciate the help my friend...THANKS!......:thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1