Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

I hope I can get on the pants creaming train that you all are on about this guy. 

He’s not even the best ranked at his position. Didn’t he fall off a bit this season?  Wasn’t he a debatable #1 overall going into last season?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope I can get on pants creaming train that you all are on about this guy. 

He’s not even the best ranked at his position. Didn’t he fall off a bit this season?  Wasn’t he a debatable #1 overall going into last season?

The University of Houston didn't use him in the 3 technique much this year.  They tried moving him around a bit.  His numbers dropped for sure.  But my goodness.  Put the man child back at 3 technique and sit back and watch the disruption. He lives in opponents backfields.  His size is a little smaller then scouts like and that's why Williams jumped him in rankings.  This is an absolutely loaded D line draft and that's why he would be available at #9.  Normal years he is a top 5.  My man crush has been strong since September with Oliver.  I also love Q. Williams but he will be long gone by #9.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hope I can get on pants creaming train that you all are on about this guy. 

I would just say to watch him play. It’s the only way to really put context around any stats you might see. He’s triple teamed at times. Even he said in his combine interview he’s used to having 6 hands on him. He’s a 5 star recruit who went to Houston. He may not have gone against as many top schools but his talent is top notch and he was the main guy opponents game planned against. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would just say to watch him play. It’s the only way to really put context around any stats you might see. He’s triple teamed at times. Even he said in his combine interview he’s used to having 6 hands on him. He’s a 5 star recruit who went to Houston. He may not have gone against as many top schools but his talent is top notch and he was the main guy opponents game planned against. 

Those may not be NFL talented players he's bowling over but they are still 300 pound dudes.  You beat the Patriots by pressuring Brady.  There you go.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I put some stock into the smaller school thing. Mack did it and the LB Allen seems to be able to do it too. 

How concerned are you about the incident with his coach?

7 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Those may not be NFL talented players he's bowling over but they are still 300 pound dudes.  You beat the Patriots by pressuring Brady.  There you go.  

Oh, if he just puts one hit on Brady a season, I’ll trade up to first to get him. 

Just now, Virgil said:

I put some stock into the smaller school thing. Mack did it and the LB Allen seems to be able to do it too. 

Beane will do his homework on Oliver for sure.  Probably just a young man being a young man 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Oh, if he just puts one hit on Brady a season, I’ll trade up to first to get him. 

I have no idea what to with the coach/jacket thing.  But I’m sure the team will ask him about it and it will be up to them to decide if they think it’s an issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This draft is loaded and I mean loaded at DL.  He will slip out of the top 5 for sure and QBs will push him back more.  I've seen mocks between #7-#15.  If we traded up for a DL it would be Bosa, Allen or Q. Williams.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This draft is loaded and I mean loaded at DL.  He will slip out of the top 5 for sure and QBs will push him back more.  I've seen mocks between #7-#15.  If we traded up for a DL it would be Bosa, Allen or Q. Williams.  

100% spot on. 

No no need to trade up for Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 2

Oliver on this D would be awesome.  I never thought we'd have a shot at him.  Getting him at 9 without having to trade up for him would propel this D.  Back in Aaron Donald's draft, I can remember fans on TBD wanting him as well.  That didn't happen, but I hope those that want Oliver get their wish.

• Like (+1) 3

The man argued over a sideline jacket in his last game playing at Houston like a petulant child.

I must remind those of you that gush over his talent of this man, who was a beast in college but was ALSO immature. Be warned.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcell-dareus?id=2495478

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

The only question would be is DL what they want to use the first round pick on?  Jonah Williams would be a nice finishing touch to the O line overhaul they have done.  Hockinson would be the #1 TE we have desperately wanted.  Metcalf would be a shot at a #1 WR.  If White falls to us our LBs would be set for years.  Or do they trade back?  DL sure looks like it has a hole at the 3 tech and will certainly need an edge rusher by 2020.  This is going to fun.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The man argued over a sideline jacket in his last game playing at Houston like a petulant child.

I must remind those of you that gush over his talent of this man, who was a beast in college but was ALSO immature. Be warned.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/marcell-dareus?id=2495478

He's 21 and felt disrespected.