Giants reportedly not interested in Haskins; will go defense at 6

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If it was anyone else I'd agree with you, but it's the Giants.  They were pretty open and honest about the fact they were taking BPA available last year despite needing a QB then too.

I think their GM and coach honestly believe that Manning has something left.  I would not be surprised at all if they took a pass rusher.

I do think they still believe in Eli for this year but want to redshirt someone behind him. Haskins needs a redshirt year imo as he has only started one season. I believe they also said (or leaked) around the time of the trade that they didn’t want obj around a young QB. I don’t see them waiting yet another year to take a QB. And while they may ultimately choose another one, remarking they’ve done no work on Haskins is just not believable. Any team in the market for a Qb is doing copious amounts of work on all of them, especially where they draft. So it just seems way too strong of a denial. All that said, Gettleman is a wild card so who knows. When he speaks directly to the media I think he’s pretty candid and straightforward. The leaks coming from the organization could be a different story. I would say though it makes sense to continue to pump up Eli publically if they want teams to believe they aren’t taking Haskins at 6. 

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, H2o said:

They might be all in on the "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes as well. That being said I think Haskins doesn't get passed on by Washington if he makes it that far. 

I completely agree, and think that they will battle it out with Miami.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Can’t see the Giants trying to tank with Eli on roster.  If that was the plan, I’m sure Eli would’ve retired.  Doesn’t mean they won’t stink but probably not #1 pick overall stink.  Trading for Rosen makes so much sense for them.  They can probably get him for pick 37 and it doesn’t preclude them from taking a QB next year.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Can’t see the Giants trying to tank with Eli on roster.  If that was the plan, I’m sure Eli would’ve retired.  Doesn’t mean they won’t stink but probably not #1 pick overall stink.  Trading for Rosen makes so much sense for them.  They can probably get him for pick 37 and it doesn’t preclude them from taking a QB next year.  

I too believe they are a good landing spot for Rosen. Eli plays atleast one more year with Rosen on the roster backing him up, they use #6 to get another good player to help rebuild the roster and if they can get Rosen without using the #17 pick, have a second 1st to use on another player to help the rebuild. I dont see a trade of Rosen goin down until the draft though.

I know everyone thinks Gettlemen and the Giants are dumb for trading OBJ, but Gettleman comes from the same place as the 'Carolina North' Buffalo golden boys Beane and McDermott who both like a good running game, and dont believe they need a true #1 WR on the roster. They have some decent WRs on the roster right now, with one of the leagues top RBs. They could go oline or deline with the #6, or get a very good WR there which will really help Rosen or a drafted QB.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they saw him at the restaurant by himself and asked him to join them because they felt bad? Lol

14 minutes ago, papazoid said:

why would they waste one of their visits….lol

They may feel #6 is too high for Haskins but would still be interested in him if Haskins drops and Giants either trade down from #6 or trade up from #17.