Giants reportedly not interested in Haskins; will go defense at 6

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a single mock without them taking Haskins at 6

That's because gettleman is the worst at hiding his intentions.

He basically stands around, arms behind his back, whistling and saying "nope, move along, nothing to see here" whenever he's asked about any roster moves.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, gonzo1105 said:

There are a lot of people saying they are going BPA at 6 and taking Daniel Jones at 17

Imo if that were true and they still plan to take a QB in the 1st, it would make zero sense that they didn’t do much work scouting Haskins. They would be scouting all the top QBs. And the draft is like 5 weeks away.... they didn’t even know they had pick 17 until a few days ago. Even if the rumor that they prefer Jones is true, it doesn’t jibe with not scouting Haskins. The only thing that would jibe with that is if they didn’t plan to take one until later in the draft or not at all. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They are trying to get him without trading up.  I expect a team to trade up above them to secure a Qb.  Miami?  

I agree. I was saying yesterday that whoever leaked this to Russini went too far when they said he wasn’t a fit, didn’t have the mobility, and they hadn’t done much work on him. No one believes they haven’t done much work on him when they clearly need a QB. Even if they don’t end up taking him, of course they’ve done work. So it makes it sound phony. And he does actually fit their offense rather well. 

I too believe that they are trying to make teams feel they don’t need to trade above them to get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. I was saying yesterday that whoever leaked this to Russini went too far when they said he wasn’t a fit, didn’t have the mobility, and they hadn’t done much work on him. No one believes they haven’t done much work on him when they clearly need a QB. Even if they don’t end up taking him, of course they’ve done work. So it makes it sound phony. And he does actually fit their offense rather well. 

I too believe that they are trying to make teams feel they don’t need to trade above them to get him. 

If it was anyone else I'd agree with you, but it's the Giants.  They were pretty open and honest about the fact they were taking BPA available last year despite needing a QB then too.

I think their GM and coach honestly believe that Manning has something left.  I would not be surprised at all if they took a pass rusher.