Giants reportedly not interested in Haskins; will go defense at 6

2 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't think it's a smokescreen, Gettleman really didn't sound like he's taking a QB in the 1st. They're actually going to try to win with Eli.

Eli had a good year in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe this.  I’m not overly impressed with him either, but what do I know. 

Also, he doesn’t seem to bluff much.  

I’m more concerned to know what the Giants actual plan is, because I can’t figure it out.  At least the Dolphins admit they are tanking 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Smokescreen?

THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS FOR US...!!!

Giants don't draft a QB.

Jaguars already got a QB in Nick Foles.

The Dolphins just traded Tannehill.

This means the DOLPHINS are likely going to draft Haskins.

@!#!@#@!#!!!!! Sorry, but it just makes sense... unless they like Murray more, which is asinine.

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Qb values are always inflated. I’ve read that if Rosen was in this draft, he might have been the top rated qb. I’m sure someone will overpay for him if he becomes available. 

Probably. If we trade down with the skins I’d say take Hockenson and get a DT and OT I’m the second. 

If Rosen goes for a 1st round draft pick I will eat my flip-flop.  It won't happen

2 hours ago, eball said:

Daniel Jones will be an awful NFL QB.

You may be right, but that won't stop the Giants from taking him at 17.  Over the years, plenty of 1st round QBs with red flags all over their resumes have been taken due to a team's desperation.  With Eli Manning on the last year of his contract, the Giants are almost as backed into a corner the same way Buddy Nix drove us into the EJ Manuel dead end.  The last 2 seasons the Giants have tried to get their QB of the future on the cheap, 1st drafting Davis Webb in the 3rd round, only to waive him after 1 season, and Kyle Lauletta in the 4th round.  So far there is no indication that Lauletta can become a starter in the league.  

Years from now the consensus will be the Giants should have taken either Darnold or Allen with the 2nd pick of the 2018 draft.  They may have picked a future HOF RB, but as the WGR parody song from years ago said "With no quarterbackin' get those bags a packin.'"