[Vague Title] An top OL just became available. Wow

Not sure what the specifics are behind Penn’s release, but this is a terrible time for a team to release a player.  If they were going to release him they should have done it a week ago.  

22 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Not sure what the specifics are behind Penn’s release, but this is a terrible time for a team to release a player.  If they were going to release him they should have done it a week ago.  

They signed Trent Brown to be LT 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

They upgraded in FA, then let him go.  Happens all the time.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think we'd be moving Dion Dawkins to Right Tackle for a year or two of Donald Penn. And I don't think Penn wants to play Right Tackle. So....

He was playing RT with the Raiders last season

22 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

Are we in such a rush to post topics that we can’t write titles properly?

More posters over the last few years see TBD as their very own clickbait opportunity.  The self-centered types also live and die based on getting to post something before anyone else.  

Sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Herc11 said:

He was playing RT with the Raiders last season

Yes and that can be directly tied to his injuries last season. Trying to adjust his body on the fly to doing everything he's done for a long time in the opposite direction... Overcompensation injuries last year. 

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Yes and that can be directly tied to his injuries last season. Trying to adjust his body on the fly to doing everything he's done for a long time in the opposite direction... Overcompensation injuries last year. 

Is that really a thing???

51 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Is that really a thing???

Yes, overcompensation injuries are a thing. They typically relate to when someone has an injury. The body begins to overcompensate for the injured body part resulting in either a worse injury or another injury. I suppose changing from the left to the right could contribute to overcompensation injuries as he has played so long at one position, the mind-muscle connection may not be as developed for the differences, which will lead to overcompensation of the stronger muscles/connections.

I didn't follow his injuries last year, so I have no idea if this was a contributing factor or not. I just read on a Raiders report that he was shifted to RT after they drafted a new LT.

3 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Yes, overcompensation injuries are a thing. They typically relate to when someone has an injury. The body begins to overcompensate for the injured body part resulting in either a worse injury or another injury. I suppose changing from the left to the right could contribute to overcompensation injuries as he has played so long at one position, the mind-muscle connection may not be as developed for the differences, which will lead to overcompensation of the stronger muscles/connections.

I didn't follow his injuries last year, so I have no idea if this was a contributing factor or not. I just read on a Raiders report that he was shifted to RT after they drafted a new LT.

Yeah I can't remember or find where I read about it. I think it was Geoff Schwartz or another former OL who mentioned it on Twitter basically saying Penn's body would have been very used to doing the kick slide and whatever other motions as an LT and as a result, also used to compensating for whatever "damage" that would cause as a football player. Suddenly Gruden decided to take him at 34 years old and however many years in the league and flip it over to RT and Penn's body was essentially like "Yeah buddy this isn't how we do things"