Think Shady is not smiling ear to ear right now?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We talk about what this emphasis on OL would do for Josh Allen.....but not about what this does for Shady

Look for a resurgence of Shady McCoy next year

I hear you plus TE Tyler Kroft and RB Frank Gore are excellent blockers also so they will add to the mix as well.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

I still see us drafting a few OL this year, but now we may not have the need to throw them into the fire right away. Train them up and gradually get them on the field.

I wouldn’t bet on that.. Maybe 1.  They have a bunch on the roster currently.  Usually only 8/9 make the roster.  

My money is on them bolstering depth at linebacker, defensive tackle, defensive ends and tight end in the draft.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

OL has a lot of potential.   

Long was a solid guard before playing injured at Center last year.  Can he regain his form back at G?

Nseke is loved by analysts.  He’s looked great as a backup.  Everyone says he just needs a shot at starting.  Is he the real deal?

Will Dawkins step up and be a legitimate franchise tackle in his 3rd year?

Who wins the Teller/Feliciano battle?  

Mitch Morse is obviously legit.  

Solid depth with Waddle, Feliciano/Teller and I would keep Bodine. 

I think the ceiling for this OL is pretty high, with the floor being average. 

Average would definitely be a step up from last year.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wouldn’t bet on that.. Maybe 1.  They have a bunch on the roster currently.  Usually only 8/9 make the roster.  

My money is on them bolstering depth at linebacker, defensive tackle, defensive ends and tight end in the draft.  

Outside LB, I agree!

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We talk about what this emphasis on OL would do for Josh Allen.....but not about what this does for Shady

Especially because he is buddies with Gore. They will be competitive which is good for the team.

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

I considered Shady 'done on both sides' a few years back. I think he might have one good season left in the tank....'Course, there is that contract................

He might have one good game left.  He’s done.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If Shady doesn’t break 4 YPC with a minimum of 200 carries then you walk down the turnpike in heels and a skimpy outfit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

I still see us drafting a few OL this year, but now we may not have the need to throw them into the fire right away. Train them up and gradually get them on the field.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Would expect them to grab an OL somewhere in round 2-4 & then a couple more late rounders to head to the PS.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would expect them to grab an OL somewhere in round 2-4 & then a couple more late rounders to head to the PS. 

Very easily could be BPA based on this offseason so far and that is a good thing. If it is OL and we further upgrade that area, I'm down with that

• Like (+1) 1

I’m excited as the next guy.   But even now, how good is our offense?

My guess....

QB:  C.    This is the hardest one to predict.   I’m conservatively guessing we’ll move up to average.

OL:   C.    Better than the ‘F’ OL we fielded last year.

WR/TE:   C.    Another upgrade versus last year but still not elite.

RB:   B.   Depends how much Shady and Gore drink from the Fountain of Youth.

It seems to me that our O has gone from bad to average.   The OL only picked up one quality starter and a lot of depth.   If I were Shady, I’d wait for the draft before uncorking the champagne.

Edited by hondo in seattle

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

We'll see. Tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut 'em.

I would

He has actually become a leader on the team which is valued.......

I mean all bets are off if he shows up in camp and looks like he has lost it......but I see a McCoy/Gore/draft pick backfield this year and the rook moved up next year and bid Shady farewell........two veteran guys to help our rookie QB

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I’m excited as the next guy.   But even now, how good is our offense?

My guess....

QB:  C.    This is the hardest one to predict.   I’m conservatively guessing we’ll move up to average.

OL:   C.    Better than the ‘F’ OL we fielded last year.

WR/TE:   C.    Another upgrade versus last year but still not elite.

RB:   B.   Depends how much Shady and Gore drink from the Fountain of Youth.

It seems to me that our O has gone from bad to average.   The OL only picked up one quality starter and a lot of depth.   If I were Shady, I’d wait for the draft before uncorking the champagne.

This is extremely conservative but that is ok

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think Morse will prove to be a solid addition; the rest are kind of solid depth players.  

They'll probably prove to be improvements over what we had last year but that's not hard to do.

I actually like all the OL additions They have all graded well at some point in their careers.  Our new OL coach was a common denominator for two of them.  Although I think he was the TE coach with one of them.