You guys are nuts!

BillsNYC

Yall here(not signed in..at work..)

Go to "The Pub" on Broadway in Depew, near Transit. Best wings in town bar none.

And I thought Rooties was a close second, followed by Duffs.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You bastard!  ;)  Why did you have to say those magic words, "La Nova".  Not only are their wings great on most nights, but there pizza is the best I have ever had....

off the diet today, blood pressure be damned

21814[/snapback]

Umm, you quoted the wrong person! I never said La Nova. I've never HAD La Nova (and apparantly won't make the trek this trip either, since it burned down :doh:.

CW

You know I was just up in Southtown's area mostly a few weeks back. Had wings at Jacobi's, Blasdell Pizza and whatever is in the airport. To be honest I though the ones in the airport were pretty damn good. Couldn't tell who it was. Jacobi's were okay, and I was really disappointed in the Blasdell pizza's and wings I got there. They used to be so much better.

You know I was just up in Southtown's area mostly a few weeks back.  Had wings at Jacobi's, Blasdell Pizza and whatever is in the airport.  To be honest I though the ones in the airport were pretty damn good.  Couldn't tell who it was.  Jacobi's were okay, and I was really disappointed in the Blasdell pizza's and wings I got there.  They used to be so much better.

21870[/snapback]

We ordered pizza and wings from Blasdell Pizza last year when we came up for the opener. I really liked their pizza and their wings were pretty good too.

We ordered pizza and wings from Blasdell Pizza last year when we came up for the opener.  I really liked their pizza and their wings were pretty good too.

21880[/snapback]

That's my point Rich. I have always thought they were pretty good. But that day they were very fair.

Another shout out for Bar-Bill's in East Aurora. They never disappoint. My folks live in Elma, so whenever I am in town we take a drive over to Bar-Bill Tavern. If you guys are down that way, head on in for some great food, and amazing wings.

VA- Agree...Blasdell's wings aren't what they used to be

The best wings in the Southtowns are from Mamoser's Tavern in the Village of Hamburg. They know how to cook 'em, and the sauce is by far the best out there. If you haven't tried them, you need to check it out.

One of my wife's coworkers is from Buffalo, and she said that Rootie's has the best wings.  Any agree?

I love Duff's, I think they're great.  Maybe I'll try Anchor this week, as I've never eaten there before...

CW

21746[/snapback]

The original owners of Rooties opened up a Rooties here in South Florida, it's where I go to watch all the games. They do have great wings, best in FL anyway!

Another shout out for Bar-Bill's in East Aurora.  They never disappoint.  My folks live in Elma, so whenever I am in town we take a drive over to Bar-Bill Tavern.  If you guys are down that way, head on in for some great food, and amazing wings.

21926[/snapback]

I'll be the third to push Bar-Bill's. Do they still have the Wings-Pitcher Special. My brother and I used to go there after Sabres games all the time.

For all you Atlantans. The Why Knot in Peachtree City actually makes some decent wings (size and taste). Of course they have all the foo-foo flavors to cater to the general squid population, but the Buffalo wings are excellent.

There are good wings all over Buffalo. I won't single out my favorites. Instead I list my 3 criteria for good wings....

1.Wings must be crispy. Rubbery, undercooked wings suck!

2.Serve a decent size wing. Don't give me those little wings that could be mistaken for coming from a sparrow.

3. I want Blue Cheese with my wings!! Not Blue Cheese mixed with mayo! Not ranch dressing! Not any other cheap imitations!

Meet these criteria and you will win me over. ;)