Bills sign T LaAdrian Waddle to a 1yr deal

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

Getting the best starting 5 figured out should lead to some interesting camp battles.

I think a fair concern is going to be, once we do get the lineup sorted out, how long before they gel together?  I mean we're basically starting from scratch here.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont want to see the bills give up on Wyatt Teller who I think showed flashes in his rookie season of what he could become....especially playing between 2 quality offensive linemen

Dont really want to see Waddle starting....he looks like a very good fit as that swing guy where you dont miss a beat though

My take is they take best 5.  Have to remember that versatility is valued and indicates level of athleticism.  

3 position capable players

Nsekhe LT, RT, G 

Dawkins LT, RT, G 

Long C, LG, RG 

Feliciano C, LG, RG 

2 position players

Boettger RG, LG

Teller RG, LG

Waddle LT, RT

McDermott LT, ST

Ducasse RG, LG 

One position player

Morse

Bodine 

My read is Ducasse, McDermott and Bodine are released after draft.  A 2nd day pick at OL makes roster and Boettger and a late rounder go to P.S.  

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

I think a fair concern is going to be, once we do get the lineup sorted out, how long before they gel together?  I mean we're basically starting from scratch here.

I agree. Hopefully the gel quickly as they are all vets. 

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We could go DT, Edge rusher and CB in the first 3 rounds....TE and RB in the 4th

Completey agree with you. If we can do

somethibg like this we will be a very impressive team. I’m not sure at TE. 

1st Round - Rashan Gary OR Montez Sweat,  DE

Michigan/ MissSt.

40 - Jeffery Simmons, DT
Mississippi State

74 - Rock Ya-Sin, CB
Temple

112 - David Montgomery, RB
Iowa State

131 - Anthony Johnson, WR
Buffalo

147 - Chuma Edoga, OT (move to Guard)
USC

158 - Anthony Nelson, DE
Iowa

181 - Max Scharping, OT
Northern Illinois

225 - Jalen Hurd, WR
Baylor

228 - Bryce Love, RB
Stanford

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No way

Teller was BURYING guys in the run game....he is exactly what you want on this OL.   Gotta remember what he was playing with last year by his side

He started out decent but was brutal the last couple games 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

There's your swing OT

I like this signing as you said, he's our swing guy. Imo, we still need a stud T and I'm not at all abject to taking one at 9 or trading down and taking a top prospect in the first or second. Dawkins is not that good. In his first year, people act as if he was very good. He wasn't. He was pretty good and very promising. Last year he regressed. He wasn't that good at all. Granted, no one was. But he is not a surefire LT at all. Ideally, I would want a top pick LT, Dawkins, Morse, Long or Felicano, and Ty at RT. With LaAdrian Claywaddle as the swing, the loser of the Long/Fel battle as backup G and Teller. That would make for a pretty solid line and drastic improvement. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like this signing as you said, he's our swing guy. Imo, we still need a stud T and I'm not at all abject to taking one at 9 or trading down and taking a top prospect in the first or second. Dawkins is not that good. In his first year, people act as if he was very good. He wasn't. He was pretty good and very promising. Last year he regressed. He wasn't that good at all. Granted, no one was. But he is not a surefire LT at all. Ideally, I would want a top pick LT, Dawkins, Morse, Long or Felicano, and Ty at RT. With LaAdrian Claywaddle as the swing, the loser of the Long/Fel battle as backup G and Teller. That would make for a pretty solid line and drastic improvement. 

Who is a top pick LT? I'm not convinced it's Jonah Williams at LT. This is a credible plan, btw, though I personally favor DL at #9.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This is looking more and more like that first pick is either going to be a DT or a TE to me.......

If they take a OT its gonna be a guy later.....and are choosing to use free agency to retool this OL with veteran guys.....Ty is probably our starter this year and honestly deserves that shot......

Probably looking at

Dawkins - LT

Teller- LG

Morse - Cter

Spencer Long - RG

Ty - RT

A veteran OL to go in front of our young QB.......

I think Feliciano starts, either Teller or Long will be a backup. If Bodine is cut they'll probably make Long the backup center.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Right now Feciiano is a backup OG.....but maybe a quality one?

I think Spencer Long is manning the other OG spot opposite Teller

Honestly, I think the only starters on the oline, as of right now, are Morse and Ty.  Dawkins is likely the starter at LT but he might be closely scrutinized after last season's results.  Both guard spots are open for competition between Teller, Long, Feliciano and others imo.

• Like (+1) 1