Bills sign T LaAdrian Waddle to a 1yr deal

7 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Not in the top 2 rds... I think they have a good amount of depth where they don't have to spend a top pick on line help

Agree.  Strange as it might seem, this FA period has shifted the focus of this draft back to the defense for the Bills.  Not saying they won't look to get a TE or RB but probably only one offensive player in the in first 5 picks, maybe 2 if the value is there.

I’m smelling a trade. Waddle to LT, trade Dawkins, who was drafted for Rick Dennison’s offense, and draft a guy who can start relatively quickly. 

Edited by jjmac

16 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

Agree.  Strange as it might seem, this FA period has shifted the focus of this draft back to the defense for the Bills.  Not saying they won't look to get a TE or RB but probably only one offensive player in the in first 5 picks, maybe 2 if the value is there.

Speaking of RB... man... I hope they can draft Miles Sanders... I'm a PSU man myself... when I tell you, he's a poor man's Barkley...I'm not just blowing smoke ?

Sanders is the best back in this draft. But nobody will consider him that cause of Barkley. If Barkley wasn't at PSU... Sanders would have every record including his squat record! Just look at his legs...OMG... he's built like Barkley 

We can probably get him in the 3rd or 4th too! I haven't did my Mock yet... I usually wait until the week of the draft. But best believe, Miles Sanders is in there ???

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Right now Feciiano is a backup OG.....but maybe a quality one?

I think Spencer Long is manning the other OG spot opposite Teller

I agree. I like Teller, and I think he will step up against the competition and will wind up starting at guard, and I have my other money on Long. I think Feliciano is the perfect backup. 

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

LaAdrian Waddle is 2nd team Key and Peele All-Star.  The grammarian in me abhors the double vowel and would like to see an apostrophe instead, L'Adrian.  

Omg, LOVE Key and Peele's East-West All-star names like D'Pez Poopsie and Myriad Profiteroles. If we could sign those two to join LaAdrian Waddle, THEN we'd have a real OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

With all the FA signings on offense, you have to think Beane will go defense at pick 9.  The only thing I could see altering this is a trade down with a QB hungry team such as the Redskins at 15 or the Giants at 17. Right now it looks like the value at pick 9 will be a defensive player.

9 hours ago, foreboding said:

Maybe...If the top teams want to grab skill guys as overall this is not a deep draft in skill positions as it is in the trenches. 

The draft is actually deep at both WR and RB, so I dunno where you are getting this from. There are 3 solid TEs and about 3 more pretty decent receiving options as well.

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree. I like Teller, and I think he will step up against the competition and will wind up starting at guard, and I have my other money on Long. I think Feliciano is the perfect backup. 

I don't have the same confidence in Teller as you seem to have. I don't expect him to crack the starting lineup.

Might not be anyone starting from last years O-Line. While I like bothe Dawkins and Teller, there is obviously going to be serious competition, and there's nothing to say that either of them are better than anyone else.

Ty could quite easily beat out Dawkins at LT, and as others have said, he didn't look great at RT (Dawkins) when he has played there. That being the case, Waddle could well be the better option at RT. Dawkins can then only go to LG if he's going to start.

Teller will have serious competition also, in both Feliciano and Long. Feliciano was behind some really good guys on the Raiders, and while the Jest signed Long to play center, he actually looked a far better guard for them, apparently.

Our starting O-Line could very easily end up being the 5 guys we've just signed, Ty, Feliciano, Morse, Long, Waddle and even that should represent a significant upgrade over last year. I've no idea if that will be the case, but if the competition pans out like that, I wouldn't be either surprised, or lose any sleep over it.

I absolutely love how they've gone about upgrading the O-Line.

Morse was the guy they desperately wanted, the solid, vet center, who will help Allen. He got the big bucks (and to no surprise tbh). 

After that, they've found guys who are still hungry to start, as they have either done so with some success, before ending up either behind a better player on a depth chart, or sidelined through injury, and couldn't grab the job back. Or they have been very competent backups, stuck behind good starters. All of them have shown on tape the ability to be a starter, and we shouldn't have to worry about any of them being out there. 

Beane and his back room boys, have, on the face of it, at least, done a terrific job in getting the O-Line group re-vamped.

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't have the same confidence in Teller as you seem to have. I don't expect him to crack the starting lineup.

I think he definitely had some ups and downs, but I like his upside. I do think Feliciano is going to give him a real competition, and I won't be mad if he wins. I think, as others have said, that Teller will be so much better playing with an experienced center. But I'm excited for the competition. 

13 hours ago, jjmac said:

I’m smelling a trade. Waddle to LT, trade Dawkins, who was drafted for Rick Dennison’s offense, and draft a guy who can start relatively quickly. 

Trade Dawkins? Maybe That's your upper lip you're smelling. After signing Morse, DD is our 2nd best O lineman. And still on a rookie deal. Nobody would give up proper compensation for a trade with him IMO

14 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Yes

Unless we take one in the first 3 rounds, I don’t see it....and I don’t see us doing that (unless) there is a run on defensive guys and we’re tempted to grab Taylor or Williams. 

Dawkins - Teller/Feliciano - Morse - Long - Nseke

Waddle - Teller/Feliciano - Bodine

Thats a solid veteran group, with a lot of potential.  

I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one of the highly rated OL early, but taking guys for the sake of depth seem like wasted picks at this point. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Unless we take one in the first 3 rounds, I don’t see it....and I don’t see us doing that (unless) there is a run on defensive guys and we’re tempted to grab Taylor or Williams. 

Dawkins - Teller/Feliciano - Morse - Long - Nseke

Waddle - Teller/Feliciano - Bodine

Thats a solid veteran group, with a lot of potential.  

I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one of the highly rated OL early, but taking guys for the sake of depth seem like wasted picks at this point. 

I agree.  I don’t see a can’t miss LT prospect in the top 10.  Draft best DT/DE if they stay at 9.  Grab a developmental OL prospect later.  We have a nice group right now.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

14 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Speaking of RB... man... I hope they can draft Miles Sanders... I'm a PSU man myself... when I tell you, he's a poor man's Barkley...I'm not just blowing smoke ?

Sanders is the best back in this draft. But nobody will consider him that cause of Barkley. If Barkley wasted at PSU... Sanders would have every record including his squat record! Just look at his legs...OMG... he's built like Barkley 

We can probably get him in the 3rd or 4th too! I haven't did my Mock yet... I usually wait until the week of the draft. But best believe, Miles Sanders is in there ???

Sanders is one of my favorite players in this draft also... and I hate the big 10.... so that says a lot

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buddo said:

Beane and his back room boys, have, on the face of it, at least, done a terrific job in getting the O-Line group re-vamped.

I was thinking the same thing,lots of competition at every position.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

With all the FA signings on offense, you have to think Beane will go defense at pick 9.  The only thing I could see altering this is a trade down with a QB hungry team such as the Redskins at 15 or the Giants at 17. Right now it looks like the value at pick 9 will be a defensive player.

and now Miami at 13