Bills sign T LaAdrian Waddle to a 1yr deal

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Who is a top pick LT? I'm not convinced it's Jonah Williams at LT. This is a credible plan, btw, though I personally favor DL at #9.

I honestly haven't studied them enough to have any real idea whether or not I think anyone is worth that spot. There seems to be a lot of differing opinions as to the validity of any of the top three at #9

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds or less

Doesn’t mean the guy can’t play.  Sick of hearing this everytime an offensive lineman from them comes up in conversation 

Just now, hemma said:

Shady, Gore & Ivory have to be getting pumped.

Ivory probably has something else to be worrying about..

One of his starts was at Buffalo.

Handled Shaq pretty easily, I saw at least one pancake.  Shaq did beat him to the inside once.  Got beat pretty bad by both Hughes and LoRax on spin moves.  LoRax beat him with power for a sack on Brady.

He's pretty effective at cutting guys.  Don't like that he doesn't really keep his feet moving when engaged.

Overall good game for Waddle.  Solid player.

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Probably mid-late rounds. This is going to be a skill position heavy draft up top I believe. 

Maybe...If the top teams want to grab skill guys as overall this is not a deep draft in skill positions as it is in the trenches. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This is looking more and more like that first pick is either going to be a DT or a TE to me.......

If they take a OT its gonna be a guy later.....and are choosing to use free agency to retool this OL with veteran guys.....Ty is probably our starter this year and honestly deserves that shot......

Probably looking at

Dawkins - LT

Teller- LG

Morse - C

Spencer Long - RG

Ty - RT

A veteran OL to go in front of our young QB.......

......that's not named j. mills....?

16 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Doesn’t mean the guy can’t play.  Sick of hearing this everytime an offensive lineman from them comes up in conversation 

Ok, well continue to be sick of it. The fact of the matter is Brady gets the ball out of his hand quicker than any other QB in the league. It also means that the people on his OL have to hold their blocks for a shorter period of time. If that makes you angry then sorry, not sorry. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

28 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I like this signing as you said, he's our swing guy. Imo, we still need a stud T and I'm not at all abject to taking one at 9 or trading down and taking a top prospect in the first or second. Dawkins is not that good. In his first year, people act as if he was very good. He wasn't. He was pretty good and very promising. Last year he regressed. He wasn't that good at all. Granted, no one was. But he is not a surefire LT at all. Ideally, I would want a top pick LT, Dawkins, Morse, Long or Felicano, and Ty at RT. With LaAdrian Claywaddle as the swing, the loser of the Long/Fel battle as backup G and Teller. That would make for a pretty solid line and drastic improvement. 

i disagree and blame juan for screwing up the entire line. no one was good last year and the common denominator is gone. not only do i expect to see a much better line, but individual play of dawkins and teller....even if teller don't start.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ok, well continue to be sick of it. The fact of the matter is Brady gets the ball out of his hand quicker than any other QB in the league. It also means that the people on his OL have to hold their blocks for a shorter period of time. If that makes you angry then sorry, not sorry. :thumbsup:

Brady can and does get the ball out quicker than anyone in the league. But they also throw 40 times a game. And Brady also has more times back to pass when he just sits there, all day, with his blockers holding their guys out way longer than normal or other teams. If he can block for the Pats he can likely block for Josh. Not that he is a stud, he's a backup. But the fact that Brady gets it out quick a lot does not at all mean his linemen are not blocking. He has ALL day, all day at times. 

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i disagree and blame juan for screwing up the entire line. no one was good last year and the common denominator is gone. not only do i expect to see a much better line, but individual play of dawkins and teller....even if teller don't start.

I agree that Castillo was awful but Dawkins was not great in 2017, he was good for a rookie. And he was bad last year. And he was not good at all on the right side as a rookie either. He had a lot of foot problems. The point is, he is not a stud now and is just potential. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is looking more and more like that first pick is either going to be a DT or a TE to me.......

If they take a OT its gonna be a guy later.....and are choosing to use free agency to retool this OL with veteran guys.....Ty is probably our starter this year and honestly deserves that shot......

Probably looking at

Dawkins - LT

Teller- LG

Morse - C

Spencer Long - RG

Ty - RT

A veteran OL to go in front of our young QB.......

Looking at their FA moves, I think they continue with drafting on the defence with maybe a couple picks on Offence.

This allows them to continue building their defence, while quickly putting together an offence that isnt going to cost them games.

I like the fact that it appears that there is going to be a lot of quality competition this year.  It will take some time to get with one another but by mid year we should be markedly improved from last year.   Having a quality center should help a good bit.

I like the signing.  Now we don't have to rely on Mcdermott if we lose a tackle.  I notice Devin White being taken in some mock drafts after the Bills pick but I bellieve that he could be a great pick by Bills when he takes over the MLB spot and move Edmunds to OLB/ rusher.  This would be that creative edge rusher that was mentioned in another topic on this site.  I believe it will actually be a 3 technique DL cause White should be gone by 9 but if he's there don't be surprised if he's the pick

Sounds like an outstanding value signing.  Except for an injury in 2014, he might be a starter in the NFL today.  He's got a great scouting report coming out of college.  The only negative was the unconventional college offense he was in.  He's played both ends of the LOS, is athletic with a strong upper body and and smart.  I would guess Buffalo's only holdover at tackle from last season is probably going to be Dawkins.  I don't see see Conor McDermott beating out Dawkins, Nsekhi or Waddle.  I don't know that Sirles' ability to play inside or outside will net him a roster spot.  Waddle also happens to know New England's offensive system inside and out.   

Edited by TigerJ

3 hours ago, billspro said:

Do you think we draft one still?

Not in the top 2 rds... I think they have a good amount of depth where they don't have to spend a top pick on line help