Adrian Clayborn a Bill

33 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see us going DT early when we already have Star, Phillips and Harry that can all start and certainly rotate in and play big snaps. I’m not saying we won’t get 1 period, I just can’t see it early.

We need to replace Kyle Williams.  Not to mention, the defensive talent in this draft is legendary.  Besides QBs, the top 10 might all be defensive lineman.  That is two strong arguments to draft a DT early IMO

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rufridr101 said:

Maybe a Jerry Hughes trade coming 

because they might sign a dude that had 2.5 sacks last year? …. what in gods name would make somebody say something so foolish?

if they were to ever trade hughes it wouldn't be because they picked up Clayborn. good lord, dude.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he was basically in NE as a sub-rusher. PFF had him ranked 5th in the whole league in "rush productivity". 39 total pressures on 255 pass snaps.

that can only help our meager pass rush I would assume. while i'm not a fan of just looking at pressures, that stat kind of has a cult following around here when it comes to one of our own DE's. so I figured i'd mention it.

Its a legit number because it shows the ability to get penetration and to beat the blocker.  The lack of sacks shows the imortance of being able to colapse the pocket

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

it's a fair point. but they run rotation and also plays some flexible lines. Hughes should fit just fine.

But next year we get nothing in return.  Teams that run the wide 9 or 34 looking for a rush linebacker will pay for Jerry. 

7 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

He has but really not a true scheme fit for McDermottsscheme 

A DE that pressures the QB, can still stop the run, gets sacks, hustles his ass off to the whistle on every play and runs down guys on the other side of the field fits every scheme perfectly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

A DE that pressures the QB, can still stop the run, gets sacks, hustles his ass off to the whistle on every play and runs down guys on the other side of the field fits every scheme perfectly.

Thank you

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

But next year we get nothing in return.  Teams that run the wide 9 or 34 looking for a rush linebacker will pay for Jerry. 

from a business perspective ? perhaps.
But i have been watching 55 play since he arrived from the Colts. 55 is one of my favorites.
improve a couple of pieces on the line and everyone will look good this season