Adrian Clayborn a Bill

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see us going DT early when we already have Star, Phillips and Harry that can all start and certainly rotate in and play big snaps. I’m not saying we won’t get 1 period, I just can’t see it early.

You need 4 DT in a rotation.  Star is ok.  Phillips is ok and Phillips is ok.  None of which are good at rushing the QB.  We need a pass rushing DT in the mix really bad imo.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Mister Defense said:

Good move, as he had 9.5 sacks just two years ago. 

Did not play great last year in New England, but you never know.

Depending a contract could be a good low risk, possible high reward signing.

His total from 17 is very misleading. IIRC he had six of those in one game against a third string tackle who had no business playing in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can’t see us going DT early when we already have Star, Phillips and Harry that can all start and certainly rotate in and play big snaps. I’m not saying we won’t get 1 period, I just can’t see it early.

I see nothing there that precludes is from it even slightly 

7 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

His total from 17 is very misleading. IIRC he had six of those in one game against a third string tackle who had no business playing in the NFL.

Thanks, just reading that online.  Yes, that does make a difference considering the guy has had only 30 sacks in his career.

Hope the Bills got him cheap!

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Star is the only one who is starting caliber, and that is only as a supposed run stuffer. Harry hasn't really done anything and all Phillips has really done is pump up the home crowd and batted a few passes. DT is a huge and glaring need.

23 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he was basically in NE as a sub-rusher. PFF had him ranked 5th in the whole league in "rush productivity". 39 total pressures on 255 pass snaps.

that can only help our meager pass rush I would assume. while i'm not a fan of just looking at pressures, that stat kind of has a cult following around here when it comes to one of our own DE's. so I figured i'd mention it.

Hello : )

Definite scheme fit. He was a guy I predicted the Bills to have interest in last offseason when he was a FA from Atlanta. He is the "big end" type that McDermott and Beane collected in Carolina. In the end he went to New England but I am not at all surprised he ends up in Buffalo. 

Always felt that he was a guy they would be interested in..

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is it?  It could be better (which is why I think they go DL, specifically DT in the 1st) but it's not that bad.

I believe if we get a penetraiting DT the sack numbers improve vastely as there wil be no pocket to step up into.  No place to hide from Jerry anymore.

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You need 4 DT in a rotation.  Star is ok.  Phillips is ok and Phillips is ok.  None of which are good at rushing the QB.  We need a pass rushing DT in the mix really bad imo.  

We need another 3Tec.

• Like (+1) 1