MLB Rule Changes for 2019

SinceThe70s

A few rule changes for 2019 were announced yesterday: https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rules-changes

The ones that interest me the most:

Trade Deadline: The waiver trade period will be eliminated. The July 31 Trade Deadline will be the only deadline. Players may still be placed and claimed on outright waivers after July 31, but trades will no longer be permitted after that date.

My opinion: I like the intent, not sure how it will play out.

Active roster provisions: The roster size from Opening Day through Aug. 31 will increase from 25 to 26 (with the minimum number of active players rising from 24 to 25, and roster sizes for doubleheaders rising from 26 to 27).

The 40-man active roster for September will be eliminated. From Sept. 1 through the end of the regular season, all clubs will carry 28 players.

My opinion: Great move eliminating the 40-man September roster

Three-batter minimum for pitchers: Rule 5.10(g) will be amended to require that starting pitchers and relief pitchers must pitch to either a minimum of three batters or to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions for incapacitating injury or illness

My opinion: Hate it. Completely unnecessary, especially since they dumped the 40 man September roster

• Thank you (+1) 1

Don't like the batter minimum rule.

I'm not sure anyone stops watching a game because of even the most egregious testing of a fan's patience with bullpen shenanigans, if they've got that far.

Watch the faking of injuries erupt.

Can we gather all those who spent half their thoughts watching sports complaining or demanding to change the rules and drop them into the ocean?