How the state of the Bills franchise has changed dramatically

DJB

Gone are the cheap Ralph days. 

Gone are the days of signing an aging and deteriorating Mario Williams to am oversized contract when we had nothing else around him and we should have been tearing it down instead of that marketing ploy by Russ Brandon. 

Gone are the days of trading up for a WR using valuable draft stock when we had no QB to throw to him. 

Gone are the days of hiring a flashy coach like Rex Ryan who was all talk with little substance and had the team pulling in different directions. 

I'm just so pleased with this front office and ownership group who appears to have an actual plan to be successful and be a perennial team in the playoff hunt. 

Obviously going for Allen was their biggest and smartest decision they have made. And now free agents are actually wanting to come to Buffalo because of our QB!

McDermott and Beane have built an actual team with character and skill who care for each other, the city of Buffalo and are excited to be a Buffalo Bill!

And for once in a very long time im proud to be a Bills fan! The time is now!

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Just curious, why does it matter what anyone outside of Buffalo thinks? 

There isn’t a single fan who isn’t tired of that look you get when you say you’re a Bills fan, who isn’t tired of being favored to lose most games, or the natural media bias against us.  

Does it matter, maybe not to some.  But we want to be the Bills of the 90’s again. The place where no one wants to play in December 

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There isn’t a single fan who isn’t tired of that look you get when you say you’re a Bills fan, who isn’t tired of being favored to lose most games, or the natural media bias against us.  

Does it matter, maybe not to some.  But we want to be the Bills of the 90’s again. The place where no one wants to play in December 

That's fair I guess but I tend to wear it like a badge of honor instead of a cross to bear.  If you like this team and are a fan of this team it's because of all the time that you have put into them being the "bad" bills more than it is about the 90's bills.

And I don't think anyone wants to play in Buffalo in december whether we are good or not. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That's fair I guess but I tend to wear it like a badge of honor instead of a cross to bear.  If you like this team and are a fan of this team it's because of all the time that you have put into them being the "bad" bills more than it is about the 90's bills.

And I don't think anyone wants to play in Buffalo in december whether we are good or not. 

Agreed. It will never deter me from wearing my Bills gear. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Gone are the cheap Ralph days. 

Those days have been over for a while now.

Gone are the days of signing an aging and deteriorating Mario Williams to am oversized contract when we had nothing else around him and we should have been tearing it down instead of that marketing ploy by Russ Brandon. 

What the hell are you talking about? Mario was 27 when we signed him and he was very good for us. Did you forget when we led the league in sacks and had a great defense?

Gone are the days of trading up for a WR using valuable draft stock when we had no QB to throw to him. 

We had a 1st round QB entering his second year in the league. People wanted us to put weapons around him much like we needed to do for Allen.

Gone are the days of hiring a flashy coach like Rex Ryan who was all talk with little substance and had the team pulling in different directions. 

I'm just so pleased with this front office and ownership group who appears to have an actual plan to be successful and be a perennial team in the playoff hunt. 

Obviously going for Allen was their biggest and smartest decision they have made. And now free agents are actually wanting to come to Buffalo because of our QB!

McDermott and Beane have built an actual team with character and skill who care for each other, the city of Buffalo and are excited to be a Buffalo Bill!

And for once in a very long time im proud to be a Bills fan! The time is now!

Go Bills !

I like what they’ve done so far this offseason but it needs to translate on Sundays or BB and McD will be lumped in with all the other failures.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 6

Boy, the OP didn't know what he was in for. 

Here he came with his optimism and his statement that he felt that the Bills ownership, management, and coaches had the team headed in the right direction.

Can't have THAT kind of upbeat nonsense now, can we?

Buzzkill patrol, engage!

79230348d10a92b7ea61690e059d509f.jpg

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

We've "won the offseason" a few times before only to be disappointed when the season came.  Let's hope it's different this time around.  I'm pretty optimistic.

On these boards we win basically every year. We get the big name and times are different. We dont get the big name and see times are different we are smarter. Its a human nature maybe of wanting whatever is being done to be right. My posts get criticized for being negative, but I feel I am just more realistic. I have no problem say Tre is legit at CB or Edmunds has a bright future. But I am not going to just say Cole Beasley is obviously a better pickup than A Brown or OBJ would have been because Beane is so smart and could sniff out the right fit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Meh.

In a "matchup" league, I'm not seeing a lot of difference makers on the offensive side of the ball.  We are still going to be asking a 2nd year QB to put on a super hero cape most Sundays.  Maybe Shady finds the fountain of youth, Foster continues to develop into a prime target and Brown can stay healthy and put it all together, but we are still near if not at the bottom of the league when it comes to the skill positions.

The possibility of a 10-11 win season is certainly there, with what should be a good defense and a team fully bought in, but there's still going to be plenty of rough patches this coming season.

• Like (+1) 2

I agree with the thought behind this post, but I think it’s innacurate to say Mario was a bad signing. He was a top 10 pass rusher for much of his time here, and he was a main part of a top 5 defensive line for the Schwartz years. 

And Rex was hired by the Pegulas.

I agree that we’re headed in the right direction. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1