Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

He was already convicted of choking and punching a pregnant woman in the stomach....so he gets a second chance in KC....he technically hasn't done anything wrong.  He also is an NFL player who plays for a team that just released Kareem Hunt for arguably much less, and who was NEVER CHARGED.  I would prefer to keep Hill.  As I said..GREAT PLAYER...but how can you sign the guy to an extension at this point when he is quite possibly subject to the whim of Roger Goodells morality at any given moment now?

Again, what did Hill do wrong this time?  Everyone knows about the history...

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Again, what did Hill do wrong this time?  Everyone knows about the history...

Quite possibly nothing at all.  No one knows at this point.  All anyone can say (and what is reported) is that Hill's child is in state custody due to an ongoing investigation about abuse in the home involving his 3 year old son, and that Hill has made appearances in court related to this matter.  .....If Hill had no prior history, he be given the benefit of the doubt....because of his prior conviction, he isn't being given that....and in my opionion....this is a bad look no matter what because you have a fiance, who you have the kid with...and she is pregant with his twins right now.  He is approaching the big payday...ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KEEP YOUR **** TOGETHER and he's getting paid.  If Hill wasn't the perpatrator, and he's been with this woman a long time and knows her well, and is engaged to her....you'd think at some point that they might have discussed perhaps....you know....not doing anything that might cause people to be suspicious of them enough to have TWO separate police reports filed and concering authorities enough to remove the child from the home....you'd think the two of them could hold it together at least long enough to cash in.....but no.  

District Attorney Steve Howe said today that he will have an announcement to make at a press conference at 3 p.m. Central time.

There’s no word on what Howe will say, but Hill and his fiancee reportedly had their son removed from their home over abuse allegations. Authorities were reportedly called to Hill’s home twice in March to investigate the wellbeing of his son.

A league source tells PFT that the Chiefs knew nothing about the district attorney’s press conference until it was announced.

If Hill is found to have abused his son, there will be heavy pressure on the Chiefs to cut ties with him, as they did with Kareem Hunt last year when tape of a violent incident was released. The NFL would also likely suspend Hill for a significant period of time if he engaged in child abuse. Adrian Peterson was accused of abusing his son after one game of the 2014 season and ended up being banished for the rest of that year.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You generally dont set up press conferences to announce all is well.  Feels like this wont be good news for Hill or Chiefs.  

At least it gives them *checks notes* one day to change their draft approach. Oh wait, no 1st rounder. At least they secured  another abuser to replace Tyreek. They look terrible right now. Seriously though, i just hope the kid is ok.

If he abused his child I sure hope our team doesn't sign him after his inevitable release. And I hope he goes to jail and never sees the light of day again. There is NO EXCUSE for child abuse. Only the lowliest of humans would do that.

Just now, MJS said:

If he abused his child I sure hope our team doesn't sign him after his inevitable release. And I hope he goes to jail and never sees the light of day again. There is NO EXCUSE for child abuse. Only the lowliest of humans would do that.

See:  Adrian Peterson

Someone will sign him at some point.  Sadly

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

John Dorsey on line 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See:  Adrian Peterson

Someone will sign him at some point. Sadly

Yeah, but I look at his situation a little differently. It was a case of him trying to discipline his child, but clearly overstepping. Still abuse, for sure, and I'm glad he's not a Bill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

At least it gives them *checks notes* one day to change their draft approach. Oh wait, no 1st rounder. At least they secured  another abuser to replace Tyreek. They look terrible right now. Seriously though, i just hope the kid is ok.

Yeah it definitely helps the Chiefs to know this today instead of next week.  

Will be interesting to see how the Chiefs do if they also lose Hill.  That would mean they lost one of their best offensive lineman (YAY TO US), their young stud RB, and two of there top 3 WRs in Conley and Hill.  Can the offense still be elite without all those pieces will be an interesting story to follow...and especially since there are a lot of question marks on the defensive side still.  They lost some guys and did add a stud in Frank Clark, but they were pretty bad last year so not sure how much better they will be as of right now, if at all, on defense.  

And what is even dumber to me about this whole thing, and very Raider-esque, is the trade for Frank Clark.  Yes, he is better than Dee Ford...but the dude is a walking PR risk with all the off field stuff.  And after dealing with Hunt and Hill in consecutive seasons, seems like they should have stayed away instead of giving up so much to acquire him and now going to give him a massive contract.  

Scheme fit or not, seems to me they should have held onto that first round pick and just paid Dee Ford.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 3/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Schopp and 60% of this board will tell us that character doesn’t matter. Marijuana, speeding or acting like a diva, I agree. When it comes to little kids or ladies, I say you’re wrong. If this is true, why would they even draft this piece of chit?

Can't tell if you're equating marijuana, speeding, acting like a general diva to domestic violence but I'd wager there's zero correlation between the 2. I only question the regime's character priorities when they're not assessing the real risk reward of say like passing on a Laramie Tunsil (an example, I'm aware Dolphins nabbed him anyway) dropping in the draft after a gas mask bong hit to the reward he gives as a a player.

For all of TOs faults some (HOF??) treat him like a dirt bag and let Marvin Harrison's transgressions slide like he's an immaculate pro. For all TO's diva qualities the man wouldn't be capable of violence to another person off field I guarantee that. I'm okay with that type of character flaw so long as the lockerroom doesn't get swept up (and TO isn't the greatest example but let's talk Tunsil). But at the end of the day for me violent legal issues or legal problems that otherwise harm others are the type I steer completely clear of regardless of being percieved as a penultimate teammate. I just don't want to support that character. Marijuana, speeding, being a diva, I'd take those as the lesser of 2 evils even if it may hurt the lockerroom as the lesser evil of the PR hit I have to deal with with my favorite team and players.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, but I look at his situation a little differently. It was a case of him trying to discipline his child, but clearly overstepping. Still abuse, for sure, and I'm glad he's not a Bill.

His defense that the switch is a common form of discipline from where he grew up in Texas is sadly very true. Growing up I had plenty of buddies that were beat (not so many switches in suburban areas anymore.. that thing hurts) as a form of discipline and it sucked but never got out of control. There's certainly that kind of culture in the rural Texas areas.. especially when and where AP likely grew up.. no doubt.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

His defense that the switch is a common form of discipline from where he grew up in Texas is sadly very true. Growing up I had plenty of buddies that were beat (not so many switches in suburban areas anymore) as a form of discipline and it sucked but never got out of control. There's certainly that kind of culture in the rural Texas areas.. especially when and where AP likely grew up.. no doubt.

Yeah, that's why I view it differently. That's the culture that he grew up in and that's the parenting style that has been normalized and even praised where he's from.

Just now, MJS said:

Yeah, that's why I view it differently. That's the culture that he grew up in and that's the parenting style that has been normalized and even praised where he's from.

And it's not particularly supposed to be malevolent or anything. Just a form of discipline. Of course when the mother speaks out with concern about it there's some smoke. 

anyways i don't find AP's case nearly as egregious as Tyreek's history seems to reflect. Not a perfect comparison.