Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

He has a horseshoe up his ass!

Hill is one of the top 10 best football TALENTS I've ever witnessed in my 36 years on this planet and he was just given the biggest break of his life.

He's a clown for sure, but he's a ***** moron if he doesn't straighten up and take full advantage of the opportunity he's just been given.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He has a horseshoe up his ass!

Hill is one of the top 10 best football TALENTS I've ever witnessed in my 36 years on this planet and he was just given the biggest break of his life.

He's a clown for sure, but he's a ***** moron if he doesn't straighten up and take full advantage of the opportunity he's just been given.

...and guaranteed we'll read about him again shortly........

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and guaranteed we'll read about him again shortly........

I’m torn here....I don’t want anything bad to happen to anybody, but I’m sick of hearing how Mahomes is the best thing since sliced bread. I’d kind of like to see him without weapons behind a weak OLine to know just how awesome he’d look then. I do NOT deny his talent, but I just wonder if he’s all that in an ordinary situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've generally not been upset about the league's discipline seeming random and light, but this really seems to be confusing given other recent suspensions. 

What's "confusing" about this?  They didn't have enough evidence to prove he was guilty of hurting his son, so they couldn't discipline him any more than the police can charge him with it without evidence.  Apparently, the boy's mother was uncooperative with the team/league investigation, too.   Perhaps she was uncooperative with the police as well or perhaps the police found good reasons to doubt her side of the story, and they apparently don't have any physical evidence one way or the other.   The Bill of Rights is longer than just the First and Second Amendments.

This relationship is, as someone up thread pointed out, "toxic", and frequently in those situations, one or both parties will repeatedly goad the other party (or they goad each other) into making threats or they lie or they commit vandalism or worse.  I think most people at least know of someone who has been in this nasty situation, and it's easier said than done "to just walk away" especially when children are involved.    Don't underestimate what a vindictive spouse, ex-spouse, significant other, etc might do to "get back" at his/her partner/ex for real or imagined "bad acts".

I don't know who's right in this matter between Hill and his girlfriend, but if the police can't charge him with a criminal act and the NFL can't sift through the conflicting stories to decide if he violated any NFL policies, then I'm okay with the league's decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've generally not been upset about the league's discipline seeming random and light, but this really seems to be confusing given other recent suspensions. 

Especially Zeke Elliott's six game suspension which is similar to Hill's case.  I'd be ticked off if I was a Cowboys fan right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m torn here....I don’t want anything bad to happen to anybody, but I’m sick of hearing how Mahomes is the best thing since sliced bread. I’d kind of like to see him without weapons behind a weak OLine to know just how awesome he’d look then. I do NOT deny his talent, but I just wonder if he’s all that in an ordinary situation. 

How many QB's would do well without weapons and a weak OLine?  How many QB's would put up his numbers with equal talent? Marino? Manning? Brady?  He's done things very few QB's have ever done. He's probably a great QB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How many QB's would do well without weapons and a weak OLine?  How many QB's would put up his numbers with equal talent? Marino? Manning? Brady?  He's done things very few QB's have ever done. He's probably a great QB.

Yes, almost certainly. But I’m tired of the 20/20 hindsight, especially given his near perfect situation. The surroundings matter for EVERY QB, and Allen had a much less perfect situation. No year to sit and learn, no weapons, weak line, no HOF offensive minded head coach. I’m NOT saying Allen will EVER be Mahomes, just a little tired of those who want to judge without recognizing the disadvantages he was playing with. 

The situation matters.....A LOT! 

10 hours ago, SoTier said:

What's "confusing" about this?  They didn't have enough evidence to prove he was guilty of hurting his son, so they couldn't discipline him any more than the police can charge him with it without evidence.  Apparently, the boy's mother was uncooperative with the team/league investigation, too.   Perhaps she was uncooperative with the police as well or perhaps the police found good reasons to doubt her side of the story, and they apparently don't have any physical evidence one way or the other.   The Bill of Rights is longer than just the First and Second Amendments.

I'm not sure how you managed to be so incredibly wrong about so much in one paragraph, but you did it. Cheers to you. 

The league has no such impetus that they need "proof" to suspend players. How do you not know that they've suspended players often without any criminal or civil complaints? I don't understand how you read this message board and can be so out of touch. 

They've also just suspended *multiple* players without a recording of the player making a threat. Recently. Not sure how you have missed it.  

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure how you managed to be so incredibly wrong about so much in one paragraph, but you did it. Cheers to you. 

The league has no such impetus that they need "proof" to suspend players. How do you not know that they've suspended players often without any criminal or civil complaints? I don't understand how you read this message board and be so out of touch. 

They've also just suspended *multiple* players without a recording of the player making a threat. Recently. Not sure how you have missed it.  

This is right. The standard the league “claims” to apply has nothing to do with state prosecutorial standards, or even (laughably based on the guy you replied to) constitutional standards. 

The standard that the Rog has promoted and claimed to use in every disciplinary case is “conduct detrimental to the league.” What is that? Who knows. It’s conveniently vague for a league and a commissioner who has failed to fairly adjudicate discipline matters for YEARS. But one would think a player who was dinged for kicking a pregnant woman in the stomach and then accused of seriously injuring his child and threatening his fiancée would qualify. But yet he faces no discipline.

This outcome would be surprising if it was someone other than Rog in charge. He’s a stooge, plain and simple. And his one redeeming quality is his willingness to take the fall for the owners on each and every one of these disciplinary disasters.

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

There's probably a lot more to this story than the headline, because I firmly believe that the league REALLY wanted to bring the hammer down on him. Not suspending him is a terrible look for the league, and the league obviously knows this. 

This!

The key thing here is the court records are sealed. Whatever evidence there is, the league cannot see it. But, considering no formal charges were made by the local authorities, we can assume the evidence is not overwhelming.

For the child's sake, I hope he is away from both and with people who will love and care for him, no child deserves these kind of parents.

• Like (+1) 1

This stuff is just crazy. I have my conspiracy theories like the NFL is grooming Mahomes to be the next poster boy Brady so make sure not to take away his top weapon. Or goodell is being easy while CBA negotiations happen so nobody pushes to take away his power. 

One thing for sure though, he has suspended for less and Hill must of spun or shown proof his girl has been trying to set him up. Either way it’s a weird precedent for the NFL. They have been so strict and suspended over basically hearsay before. Now Zeke gets off for something small and hill gets off for something that can potentially be a huge national news story if it hits the fan again 

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The league has no such impetus that they need "proof" to suspend players. How do you not know that they've suspended players often without any criminal or civil complaints? I don't understand how you read this message board and can be so out of touch. 

Obviously, you have no concept of justice or fairness.   Your view is that if somebody accuses a player of some kind of misconduct, the NFL should punish him whether he's actually committed the infraction he's accused of simply because it suspended other players for other infractions in the past.   I bet you wouldn't be good with your employer fining you three or four weeks pay because your neighbor accused you of allowing your dog to poop on his lawn ... even though you don't even have a dog?

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

This!

The key thing here is the court records are sealed. Whatever evidence there is, the league cannot see it. But, considering no formal charges were made by the local authorities, we can assume the evidence is not overwhelming.

For the child's sake, I hope he is away from both and with people who will love and care for him, no child deserves these kind of parents.

It's clear the NFL (through the CBA) can suspend without any charges or criminal activity.

We all heard the tape of this POS threatening his own child and the mother of that child.  This is the same woman he punched in the face and stomach and STRANGLED---while she was pregnant with their child!  He lies about that now, but he admitted it in court.

He now blames the child's mother for breaking the kids arm, yet no charges were filed against her either.

The decision not to suspend should not have rested solely on the outcome of the child battery investigation.  He absolutely should have been suspended as a serial abuser of the mother of his kid.  This is undisputed.  The "conduct detrimental" is there to punish and perhaps discourage this behavior in NFL players.  He is threatening the woman and his kid on tape.  What will be the response when (not "if") this guy beats her and his kid again? 

He's a violent, lying miscreant.  But the Chiefs are happy to have him back.  It should be all good though, given Andy Reid's strong  history of getting troubled young men back on the right path...

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SoTier said:

This relationship is, as someone up thread pointed out, "toxic", and frequently in those situations, one or both parties will repeatedly goad the other party (or they goad each other) into making threats or they lie or they commit vandalism or worse.  I think most people at least know of someone who has been in this nasty situation, and it's easier said than done "to just walk away" especially when children are involved.    Don't underestimate what a vindictive spouse, ex-spouse, significant other, etc might do to "get back" at his/her partner/ex for real or imagined "bad acts".

I don't know who's right in this matter between Hill and his girlfriend, but if the police can't charge him with a criminal act and the NFL can't sift through the conflicting stories to decide if he violated any NFL policies, then I'm okay with the league's decision. 

A private organization like the NFL can freely issue standards and rules of conduct and deem unacceptable behaviour with almost no police evidence at hand

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

A private organization like the NFL can freely issue standards and rules of conduct and deem unacceptable behaviour with almost no police evidence at hand

Not quite. The league’s right to discipline the players is limited by the collective bargaining agreement.  The CBA prescribes the extent of the commissioner’s authority and gives the players due process rights.

5 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

We can’t really complain if we were okay with Shady not getting a suspension last year.

Yikes. How can you even compare the two?

4 hours ago, SoTier said:

Your view is that if somebody accuses a player of some kind of misconduct, the NFL should punish him whether he's actually committed the infraction he's accused of simply because it suspended other players for other infractions in the past.

Uh, no. My view is that if a player is recorded on tape telling his fiancee she should be "afraid of him," and his child is taken away by protective services with a broken arm, and he has a history of domestic violence, he should be suspended. I don't know any good people that had their child taken away from them after breaking a bone in mysterious circumstances. Maybe you do?