Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

It always amazes me when supposed grown men condone domestic violence through words or actions.

Such words or actions show a real lack of moral fiber.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Me too.  Maybe it only counts for physically beating your partner (beating the kid is A-OK, it seems).

But given the threats of violence, the treatment of his kid and his history of choking this woman while she was pregnant with this same kid should buy this guy at least 6 games.

These stories about 4 games are weird.  Hill just met with investigators a few days ago, and only Goodell knows what he is going to hand down....and he doesn't leak this to the press.

To me, the NFL is not a court of law.  If I'm the commish and it is obvious he broke the kids arm it's hasta la bye bye forever.  If he can show he didn't do it, the tapes = a short suspension. If it is an unclear situation I don't envy Goodell that decision but I'd probably err on the side of a longer suspension.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

To me, the NFL is not a court of law.  If I'm the commish and it is obvious he broke the kids arm it's hasta la bye bye forever.  If he can show he didn't do it, the tapes = a short suspension. If it is an unclear situation I don't envy Goodell that decision but I'd probably err on the side of a longer suspension.

I think that this is the crux of the problem.  The NFL has to justify its disciplinary actions, both according to US law, its own rules, and probably the CBA.  Individual player contracts may also make it easier to dismiss one player and not another, depending up the wording.

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It always amazes me when supposed grown men condone domestic violence through words or actions.

Such words or actions show a real lack of moral fiber.

Or when they act like a four game suspension is some big deal.

These guys should be banned for life.

• Like (+1) 1

....I want to talk about Hunt for a moment and why that situation was/is differnt.

1.  Hills situation is finishing up...that whole thing has been screwy from the beginning, but the lastest news would suggest Hill didn't break his kids arm.  Hill is still on audio telling his fiance'/girilfriend that she should be afraid of him.  They aren't going to get him for child abuse.  He isn't going to charged with that let alone convicted.  The are going to get him for the comments.  It's the one fact in this case that the NFL has and can easily make a move on.  

2.  Hunt quick release was NOT due to the nature of charges (there still have never been any charges)  It wasn't even becasue he was on video.  He was released...and the press release at the time says as much....because he LIED to the team about the incidents.  The team never said he was released becasue of the incidents, the nature of the incidents or any of that..he was released for LYING about the incidents to the team.

We are left to assume that Hill has been up front with the team about his situation from the beginning, and given that he appears to have been exonerated from the child abuse accusations....we are left to beleive that he A. was truthful with the team about the whole thing and B. He is going to get suspended for the threatening audio aimed at his fiance'.

I am sure people (me included) will also assume that Hill is a top 3 WR and major difference maker in the NFL....Hunt, while a very good player....was/is much more easily replaced.  KC in fact had better RB numbers AFTER Hunt was released.  

P.S (Damien Williams on your fantasy squad will be a good thing in 2019)

Final note...KC media has long been skeptical of local NFL and MLB ownership because they've long been percieved to be penny pinchers.  Some of that has changed in recent years with KC playing in two World Series and winning it in 2015, and with the Passing of Lamar, Clark Hunt went and got rid of long time penny pincher GM Carl Peterson, mistakenly hired Scott Pioli, ate some of that contract to fire Pioli, and is paying Ried handsomely and FINALLY we drafted a QB in round 1...so Clark Hunt has done some good to distance himself from the penny pincher repuatation of his father recently.  Local media tend to trend a bit toward being homers, but always with an eye toward being skeptical about the money.  Used to be nothing but complaining all the time about how the owners were cheap (TRUE!)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....I want to talk about Hunt for a moment and why that situation was/is differnt.

1.  Hills situation is finishing up...that whole thing has been screwy from the beginning, but the lastest news would suggest Hill didn't break his kids arm.  Hill is still on audio telling his fiance'/girilfriend that she should be afraid of him.  They aren't going to get him for child abuse.  He isn't going to charged with that let alone convicted.  The are going to get him for the comments.  It's the one fact in this case that the NFL has and can easily make a move on.  

2.  Hunt quick release was NOT due to the nature of charges (there still have never been any charges)  It wasn't even becasue he was on video.  He was released...and the press release at the time says as much....because he LIED to the team about the incidents.  The team never said he was released becasue of the incidents, the nature of the incidents or any of that..he was released for LYING about the incidents to the team.

We are left to assume that Hill has been up front with the team about his situation from the beginning, and given that he appears to have been exonerated from the child abuse accusations....we are left to beleive that he A. was truthful with the team about the whole thing and B. He is going to get suspended for the threatening audio aimed at his fiance'.

I am sure people (me included) will also assume that Hill is a top 3 WR and major difference maker in the NFL....Hunt, while a very good player....was/is much more easily replaced.  KC in fact had better RB numbers AFTER Hunt was released.  

Final note...KC media has long been skeptical of local NFL and MLB ownership because they've long been percieved to be penny pinchers.  Some of that has changed in recent years with KC playing in two World Series and winning it in 2015, and with the Passing of Lamar, Clark Hunt went and got rid of long time penny pincher GM Carl Peterson, mistakenly hired Scott Pioli, ate some of that contract to fire Pioli, and is paying Ried handsomely and FINALLY we drafted a QB in round 1...so Clark Hunt has done some good to distance himself from the penny pincher repuatation of his father recently.  Local media tend to trend a bit toward being homers, but always with an eye toward being skeptical about the money.  Used to be nothing but complaining all the time about how the owners were cheap (TRUE!)

Bozo. Damien Williams won me money but he is an injury risk. Steer clear 

20 hours ago, mannc said:

Interesting that KC immediately cut ties with Kareem Hunt, but apparently is hanging in there with Hill (even though allegations against Hill are potentially more serious)...positional value at work?  Situational morals?

What I heard earlier this week is that Hill’s story to the Chiefs “has remained consistent” even though other stories have changed, so they are letting it play out.

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

This is incorrect.

"(DA) Howe said in April he believed Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, knew their son had been hurt but police couldn't prove it. Howe said at a press conference he believed a crime was committed but did not know who to charge."

No one has "exonerated" Hill. 

And the NFL will have this to consider:

"Shortly afterward, CBS Kansas City affiliate KCTV obtained audio of an 11-minute discussion between Hill and Espinal about the boy's injury.  In the recording, Espinal asked him, "Why does he say 'Daddy did it'?"

Hill responded, "I don't know. He says Daddy does a lot of things." 

"Like what? A 3-year-old is not going to lie about what happened to his arm," Espinal said. 

In another part of the audio, Espinal said her son was "terrified" of Hill. 

Hill replied back in the recording, saying, "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----."

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is incorrect.

"(DA) Howe said in April he believed Hill and his fiancee, Crystal Espinal, knew their son had been hurt but police couldn't prove it. Howe said at a press conference he believed a crime was committed but did not know who to charge."

No one has "exonerated" Hill. 

And the NFL will have this to consider:

"Shortly afterward, CBS Kansas City affiliate KCTV obtained audio of an 11-minute discussion between Hill and Espinal about the boy's injury.  In the recording, Espinal asked him, "Why does he say 'Daddy did it'?"

Hill responded, "I don't know. He says Daddy does a lot of things." 

"Like what? A 3-year-old is not going to lie about what happened to his arm," Espinal said. 

In another part of the audio, Espinal said her son was "terrified" of Hill. 

Hill replied back in the recording, saying, "You need to be terrified of me, too, b----."

That isn't the most recent news from the case Mr Weo.  

....don't take my comments as defending Hill...I'm not...all I am saying is the NFL will suspend Hill for the comments you reference above....they simply have nothing else to go on....especially since there are some reports that suggest Hill is in fact innocent. ( I don't know that to be the case...but lots of rumors from after the meeting with NFL suggest that the NFL is satisfied Hill didn't abuse his child)

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, SoTier said:

I think that this is the crux of the problem.  The NFL has to justify its disciplinary actions, both according to US law, its own rules, and probably the CBA.  Individual player contracts may also make it easier to dismiss one player and not another, depending up the wording.

So the CBA is critical. That is essentially the employment contract between the NFL and the players. The CBA when agreed had to be compliant with US law (you can't contractually override the law - even though many businesses try). The question is always whether the Commissioner in exercising his authority on disciplinary matters does so in such a way that is compliant with the broad discretion he is granted under the CBA. It is, as we found out in deflatgate, a tricky question to determine at times - however - in these circumstances it feels a little more clear cut that the Commissioner has room to act. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

That isn't the most recent news from the case Mr Weo.  

....don't take my comments as defending Hill...I'm not...all I am saying is the NFL will suspend Hill for the comments you reference above....they simply have nothing else to go on....especially since there are some reports that suggest Hill is in fact innocent. ( I don't know that to be the case...but lots of rumors from after the meeting with NFL suggest that the NFL is satisfied Hill didn't abuse his child)

The case is "inactive".  The medical report says the broken arm was possibly consistent with "a fall".

Where in that recorded conversation does Hill say he didn't touch the kid?  Where does he say "you're making this to make me look bad"?  When she says his son is "terrified" of him, does he deny that and say his son has nothing to worry about? 

No, he instead says:  "you need to be terrified of me, too, bi+++".  He is clearly saying they both need to be terrified of him.

The NFL could easily go 6 games for this POS.  No one cry except the Chiefs coaching staff and it's over-fed fans.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, Mr. WEO said:

The case is "inactive".  The medical report says the broken arm was possibly consistent with "a fall".

Where in that recorded conversation does Hill say he didn't touch the kid?  Where does he say "you're making this to make me look bad"?  When she says his son is "terrified" of him, does he deny that and say his son has nothing to worry about? 

No, he instead says:  "you need to be terrified of me, too, bi+++".  He is clearly saying they both need to be terrified of him.

The NFL could easily go 6 games for this POS.  No one cry except the Chiefs coaching staff and it's over-fed fans.

All of that is correct....but the entire audio has been heard by some of the local media here.  They say the context of the whole thing is substantial.  Again...I'm not trying to defend Hill...I'm just saying the whole thing is really screwy and the upcoming suspension may not be all the long....and the suspension is going to be for that audio..because that is what they have.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, Zerovoltz said:

You may be right about what the team says about why they took the action they did, but this seems really weak.  An NFL team cut a player because he lied to them?  Really?  Seems like a made up justification when in fact they are just trying to deflect some bad publicity.  Do the Chiefs have an honor code that the players agree to abide by?  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 5:08 PM, Mark92 said:

He is one.player I have no use for.  It's like the Cubs winning the world series because of Aroldis Chapman the wife beater.  Makes me sick.  

That's why I can't stand Warren Moon & didn't like him getting elected to the HOF.  

PS: Be prepared to be sick again because Chapman is going to get another World Series ring.