Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

On 5/1/2019 at 1:13 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We'll see what happens with Hill, but he ought to get the AP treatment.

I think, without knowing a whole lot about the AP deal, that it really should be a lot worse for Hill. I could be wrong, but Hill's record, mixed with the threats directed at the woman and the child really paint the picture of him not learning from this and never being trusted to a point of playing again. 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:39 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

so i have no problem really with them holding off on cutting Hill, although they will. This week. By Friday at the latest

The timeline is all different due to the offseason vs. in season. Not as much of a distraction, not gonna risk W's, not going to be as in the public eye. Same reason he isn't (at my last knowledge) on the Commish's exempt list yet. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2019/06/tyreek-hill-chiefs-could-reopen-extension-talks

Everything seems to be looking up for embattled Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill. We’ve heard over the past couple of days that Hill’s meeting with the league’s investigator went very well, and that he could be looking at a maximum suspension of four games.

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This is an interesting development.   I think that a lot of predictions about the Chiefs in 2019 were assuming that Hill would miss half or all of the season. 

If Hill only misses a few games, the Chiefs will be extremely formidable.  They drafted Mecole Hardman, who is a Tyreek clone, and they get D’Anthony Thomas back from injury. Of course it’s possible that Mahomes is just a flash in the pan?

Interesting that KC immediately cut ties with Kareem Hunt, but apparently is hanging in there with Hill (even though allegations against Hill are potentially more serious)...positional value at work?  Situational morals?

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Given this POS's history and the stuff about the disciplining of his son, it will be at least 4 games.

I thought domestic violence was at least six games?

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Interesting that KC immediately cut ties with Kareem Hunt, but apparently is hanging in there with Hill (even though allegations against Hill are potentially more serious)...positional value at work?  Situational morals?

That and video evidence of the incident 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I thought domestic violence was at least six games?

Me too.  Maybe it only counts for physically beating your partner (beating the kid is A-OK, it seems).

But given the threats of violence, the treatment of his kid and his history of choking this woman while she was pregnant with this same kid should buy this guy at least 6 games.

These stories about 4 games are weird.  Hill just met with investigators a few days ago, and only Goodell knows what he is going to hand down....and he doesn't leak this to the press.

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

And yet Hunt’s “victim” was uninjured.

Yeah.  Knocking a girl over with your foot isn’t a great look.  But breaking your toddler’s arm is absolutely effed up.  This is not his first issue like this so it’s pretty clear to me that he isn’t changing his behavior.  I hope he loses custody of his kid and never plays football again.  

Hunt got in trouble 3 times for his violent behavior just in 2018.   All three incidents were documented on film.  My guess is that KC warned him more than once, and finally just showed him the door.