Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

I’d love to know how other teams in the NFL feel about this.  There’s a reason a guy that talented wasn’t taken in the 1st round.  Reid doesn’t seem to care if they beat women or kids as long as they can play and meanwhile the entire league ends up taking the PR hit.  

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

:blink: Did these kids not learn a thing from Ray "ruined career" Rice?

For every Ray Rice dozens more get away unscathed. You have to be caught on camera or tee off on others to the point it can't be ignored. League doesn't give a rats ass. Chiefs just rolled out the red carpet for Frank Clark. 

The viewing public doesn't really care either.

So no the kids aren't learning a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Needle said:

For every Ray Rice dozens more get away unscathed. You have to be caught on camera or tee off on others to the point it can't be ignored. League doesn't give a rats ass. Chiefs just rolled out the red carpet for Frank Clark. 

Money post. Big ???

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Hes in foster care I believe 

Not necessarily in foster but he has been taken away from Hill and the mother.

I think the Chiefs may be overplaying their hand when it comes to players with character issues. 

Kareem Hunt, suspended and subsequently traded.

Tyreek Hill, looks like suspension incoming. 

Justin Houston & Dee Ford. Years and years of double digit sacks, no off-field incidents, Houston cut, Ford Traded.

Trade for Frank Clark, who was kicked off of his college football team because of a domestic violence incident.

Mahomes had an amazing year last year. But without two of his top three weapons and an offensive line that needs help, he could be due for s but of s slump this year. 

Funny how the Chiefs are taking the slow approach with their "investigation." They cut Hunt immediately because they figured he was going to get the Ray Rice treatment and no team would ever touch him again. When Cleveland snatched him up and Goodell gave him his blessing to return, that had to leave a bad taste in K.C.'s mouth. This time around they'll wait and see what punishment Goodell dishes out before they make a decision.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I think the Chiefs may be overplaying their hand when it comes to players with character issues. 

Kareem Hunt, suspended and subsequently traded.

Tyreek Hill, looks like suspension incoming. 

Justin Houston & Dee Ford. Years and years of double digit sacks, no off-field incidents, Houston cut, Ford Traded.

Trade for Frank Clark, who was kicked off of his college football team because of a domestic violence incident.

Mahomes had an amazing year last year. But without two of his top three weapons and an offensive line that needs help, he could be due for s but of s slump this year. 

I’d be keen to give them a pass on the Hill/Hunt situations since that was Dorsey and he’s in CLE now but as you correctly point out, they bring in Frank Clark. Kool Aid Man wants his super bowl as head coach by any means necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Needle said:

More like hundreds get away unscathed.

The viewing public doesn't care at all.  The NFL only cares if the incident goes beyond the NFL media and into the broad public eye.  That's why Rice was nuked, why AP got in trouble and why Hill will too.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Technically, Yes

Ah.  Well, then, Bruddas.

What I think happened with Hunt was that the Chiefs knew he had alcohol/anger management issues and put him on some sort of a short leash with a "shoot your laptop nexttime" kind of threat. 

So when he got into viral media trouble, they had to back it up or be shown up as empty threats to the whole locker room.

We'll see what happens with Hill, but he ought to get the AP treatment.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah.  Well, then, Bruddas.

What I think happened with Hunt was that the Chiefs knew he had alcohol/anger management issues and put him on some sort of a short leash with a "shoot your laptop nexttime" kind of threat. 

So when he got into viral media trouble, they had to back it up or be shown up as empty threats to the whole locker room.

We'll see what happens with Hill, but he ought to get the AP treatment.

Assuming your theory is correct, shouldn’t Hill have been on the same short leash program, since he, you know, punched a pregnant woman in the stomach repeatedly? And, if so, shouldn’t he have been cut by now, like Hunt?

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Assuming your theory is correct, shouldn’t Hill have been on the same short leash program, since he, you know, punched a pregnant woman in the stomach repeatedly? And, if so, shouldn’t he have been cut by now, like Hunt?

I could be wrong, but I thought the point for the previously known incident with Hill was that he accepted responsibility and was disciplined by the team/punished by the law.

If there is new clear evidence of similar behavior, then yes he should be cut (I said "AP treatment" and then thought about it and no, he wasn't cut, was he)

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the point for the previously known incident with Hill was that he accepted responsibility and was disciplined by the team/punished by the law.

If there is new clear evidence of similar behavior, then yes he should be cut (I said "AP treatment" and then thought about it and no, he wasn't cut, was he)

No you’re absolutely right about the college incident. He plead guilty and got a spat of probation or something.

Hunt’s thing was exacerbated by lying to the team, which it seemed like was worse than kicking a woman while she was down (at least to them.) 

so i have no problem really with them holding off on cutting Hill, although they will. This week. By Friday at the latest