Tyreek Hill Battery & Child abuse thread

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Let the police do their work.  I understand it's a massage board and people want to express opinions but doing so without any info is a waste of time.  If he did this he'll get arrested and my hope is he never plays again.  Beating up a little kid is inexcusable.

You mixed the place up with where Kraft went.  :D

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll give you an example of how things work in NY and hopefully that will help clarify things.

if a victim is claiming he/she was assaulted, there is evidence of such and he/she wants to pursue charges, then we get a location for the suspect and attempt to take them into custody right then as there. If we are unable to locate the person then we immediately secure a warrant for their arrest.

Since there hasn’t been a report of any charges or a warrant then the chances of either happening 3 days after the initial report are slim.

But again, this is all based on how things work in NY. Missouri could be different but I would imagine if there was enough to charge someone then it would have happened already. There very well could be a lack of evidence to support such a charge or a lack of cooperation from the victim. 

In this case the victim is a 4-5 year old kid who either has a broken arm or doesn't.  That must change things somewhat, no?

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

In this case the victim is a 4-5 year old kid who either has a broken arm or doesn't.  That must change things somewhat, no?

Not necessarily. You would still interview the related parties to figure out what happened. The only thing that gets added is a call to Child Protective Services.

14 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll give you an example of how things work in NY and hopefully that will help clarify things.

if a victim is claiming he/she was assaulted, there is evidence of such and he/she wants to pursue charges, then we get a location for the suspect and attempt to take them into custody right then as there. If we are unable to locate the person then we immediately secure a warrant for their arrest.

Since there hasn’t been a report of any charges or a warrant then the chances of either happening 3 days after the initial report are slim.

But again, this is all based on how things work in NY. Missouri could be different but I would imagine if there was enough to charge someone then it would have happened already. There very well could be a lack of evidence to support such a charge or a lack of cooperation from the victim. 

I will not disagree with any of this - it sounds about right, but also does not sound like it matches this case.  A couple of additional questions to mirror it more to this.

First - you say above if he/she wants to pursue charges - how does it change if there is potential evidence of abuse, but they do not want to pursue charges.  Remember- this is now the third incident with this woman and man and she has not pursued charges yet and there was overwhelming evidence when she was pregnant that he beat the crap out of her, but she never pressed charges and now has married him.  

Second - he was named in an incident with the child very recently, but the spouse did not want to pursue things and now another incident occurs and the spouse again is not pursuing it - Does that not mean that Child Services will get involved and begin investigating the incidents?  Because it is a minor - can Child Services bring charges if after investigation they determine child abuse was occurring.  

To me this is the step we are in.  The spouse/mother is not going to press charges as is obvious by this being the third known instance of them having to get police involved with signs of injury, but she has not pressed charges yet.  Therefore the police saw potential signs of abuse and have referred it to the Child Services team to investigate and determine the fate.  How quickly this all goes depends upon the level of cooperation from the family, friends, and others involved.

I think you are correct in that if she had wanted to press charges and the police left without naming him or taking him into custody- there would be little to the story, but it changes if she does not want to press charges and then tries to protect him when the police arrive.

48 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I will not disagree with any of this - it sounds about right, but also does not sound like it matches this case.  A couple of additional questions to mirror it more to this.

First - you say above if he/she wants to pursue charges - how does it change if there is potential evidence of abuse, but they do not want to pursue charges.  Remember- this is now the third incident with this woman and man and she has not pursued charges yet and there was overwhelming evidence when she was pregnant that he beat the crap out of her, but she never pressed charges and now has married him.  

Second - he was named in an incident with the child very recently, but the spouse did not want to pursue things and now another incident occurs and the spouse again is not pursuing it - Does that not mean that Child Services will get involved and begin investigating the incidents?  Because it is a minor - can Child Services bring charges if after investigation they determine child abuse was occurring.  

To me this is the step we are in.  The spouse/mother is not going to press charges as is obvious by this being the third known instance of them having to get police involved with signs of injury, but she has not pressed charges yet.  Therefore the police saw potential signs of abuse and have referred it to the Child Services team to investigate and determine the fate.  How quickly this all goes depends upon the level of cooperation from the family, friends, and others involved.

I think you are correct in that if she had wanted to press charges and the police left without naming him or taking him into custody- there would be little to the story, but it changes if she does not want to press charges and then tries to protect him when the police arrive.

We can do an evidence based prosecution where if the charges are serious enough then we can still pursue them even if the victim doesnt want us to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It doesn’t change anything. We don’t hold off on charging someone because of their social status. If a victim wants to pursue charges then we are obligated to act.

Kelly didn't ask you the right question, what if it's Ko Simpson?

• Haha (+1) 1

Pretty comprehensive breakdown here from SI

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/18/tyreek-hill-investigation-kansas-city-chiefs-wr-faces-cloud-of-uncertainty

A Cloud of Uncertainty Hovers Over Tyreek Hill, Chiefs in Ongoing Investigation

The absence of charges does not mean that someone or multiple persons won’t be charged. In fact, under Kansas law, there is a five-year statute of limitations for battery and other crimes. Still, it would be speculative to assume that Hill will be charged, just as it would be speculative to assume that he’ll be cleared. The truthful answer is we don’t know what happened and we don’t know what will happen going forward.

Law enforcement need not rush to charge Hill or anyone else, particularly if they have encountered any conflicting evidence or other uncertainties about the case. Kansas DCF will act with haste, though, if children under Hill and Espinal’s care are in danger.

Both police and child protective services will try to determine where and when the injury occurred, who was around the three-year old boy at the time of his injury (or injuries) and whether Hill or Espinal sought medical services for their injured son—and if not, why didn’t they. The investigation will include witness interviews and requests, if not warrants, for physical evidence, including emails and texts. It’s also not clear, at least based on the wording of the incident reports, which person or persons called the police.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dang... Easily one of the best players in the NFL, says a lot about his troubles if they would think of moving him... I wouldn't be shocked to see them take Hollywood Brown if he's there at 29... 

Also, I wonder if people have learned their lesson about questioning Glazers hunches and insider knowledge...

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Dang... Easily one of the best players in the NFL, says a lot about his troubles if they would think of moving him... I wouldn't be shocked to see them take Hollywood Brown if he's there at 29... 

Also, I wonder if people have learned their lesson about questioning Glazers hunches and insider knowledge...

One of the main reasons I posted it was Glazer... he’s the goat on this stuff 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldnt hate a trade back and Bills selection of him and the best D lineman with whatever the tradeback brought, or pull a tre Ed move up.  

He’s small but speed, RAC and tracking look nice.